Black Edition - Waiting List?

A3 Sport

Reaction score
Out of interest, what kind of waiting lists are there for the BE's nowadays?

:thumbsup:

Hi,picked mine up 2 weeks ago,170 bhp diesel ibis white,ordered back end of june 2010....worth the wait though, performance, economy and looks ....all for 22k after some heel digging,perfect.

Picking my up on the 3rd Jan'11, ordered back in April'10. Was told if someone placed an order for a BE now, would expect delivery about April-June.

Ordered July 2010... Build week originally confirmed as week 42, then moved to Week 7 2011... Hope to collect in March. not sure which year yet ;-)

I went to order one a couple of weeks ago and was told it'd be 7 months till I got it. So I bought something else!

I went to order one a couple of weeks ago and was told it'd be 7 months till I got it. So I bought something else!

What did you buy in the end Matt? Is it as per your signature an S Line... We were rempted to have another S Line and beat the queue but Audis deal and loan car VAT protection and Sept convinced us to wait... BUT it is too long now 8 months when car arrives in March? + of course a few weeks thinking about what to buy before we actually ordered.

ordered mine 3 of august. was told would get it mid december, now there saying late march so a 9 month wait give or take a week. too long too wait but get a free car to use from the 7th of jan from them till mine arrives. also paid the full balace today so i could beat the vat increase!!!!

i have one on order i think. got ordered October and apparently should be with me in march.

Last edited:
What did you buy in the end Matt? Is it as per your signature an S Line... We were rempted to have another S Line and beat the queue but Audis deal and loan car VAT protection and Sept convinced us to wait... BUT it is too long now 8 months when car arrives in March? + of course a few weeks thinking about what to buy before we actually ordered.

No the S-line is my current car, I've bought a Mini John Cooper Works which I'm hoping to pick up in the next day or 2 as long as its arrived at the dealers!

No the S-line is my current car, I've bought a Mini John Cooper Works which I'm hoping to pick up in the next day or 2 as long as its arrived at the dealers!

Good luck with your BMW and hope you will buy another Audi soon.

PS. I thought you had to be F and have long blonde hair to drive a Mini??? ;-)

lol cheers

The thing I like though is the girly car will show up quite a lot of much more manly cars :p It's pretty quick in a straight line (0-62 in 6.5 seconds, 148mph top speed) and it handles like a go kart... ;)

Maybe if I like the next A3 I will be back! Will miss my A3, been a great car.

Enjoy... not sure about the Go Cart comparison ... family members Cooper S on 17 in S spokes handled like a 'tit on a trampoline' in comparison to A3 Quattro... Good luck anyway.. ;-)

Now that is strange as I've never heard anything but good things about Mini's when it comes to handling whether it be peoples own experiences or magazines its very highly regarded. I thought it was damn good on my test drive too. Certainly better than my A3's, I've no bias to anyone particular brand either. The A3 isn't about that kind of driving though... different kind of car and good in its own ways.

Ordered my BE (3dr Ice Silver, S-Tronic 170bhp) on 13th Oct 2010 and given an expected delivery date of 29th April 2011. I will be chasing the Dealer for an update next week.

Now that is strange as I've never heard anything but good things about Mini's when it comes to handling whether it be peoples own experiences or magazines its very highly regarded. I thought it was damn good on my test drive too. Certainly better than my A3's, I've no bias to anyone particular brand either. The A3 isn't about that kind of driving though... different kind of car and good in its own ways.

Not a lot wrong with Mini but we hated the steering on a 2006 model with 17in S spokes, also the very choppy ride aggravated by Run Flats. Tended to tramline given any opportunity too.
Worst thing about Mini is the BMW Badge but at least that's hidden under the bonnet. ;-) Interior trim quality not up to Audi standards, very plasticy, + seat adjustment was diabolical!

Sorry just my 5p... Hope you enjoy it though!!

lol cheers

The thing I like though is the girly car will show up quite a lot of much more manly cars :p It's pretty quick in a straight line (0-62 in 6.5 seconds, 148mph top speed) and it handles like a go kart... ;)

Maybe if I like the next A3 I will be back! Will miss my A3, been a great car.

:p

To be fair the misses has one and they do handle quite well and quite nippy.

How long has the black edition had the BOSE & bluetooth standard? Possibly looking at a used black edition from earlier this year and want to know what to expect.
Thanks in advance.

Rich

I thought Bose had always been standard. BT is a recent addition to go with a £200 price hike for BE pack!! We ordered ours with Tech pack which includes BT but seems the BE has BT as standard now so you pay twice!!

Looking at the brochure BT is standard and so is the DVD sat nav on an S3. When did sat nav become standard equipment? Would be expecting to see more used S3's with Sat nav that are 2010 registered.

Rich

Looking at the brochure BT is standard and so is the DVD sat nav on an S3. When did sat nav become standard equipment? Would be expecting to see more used S3's with Sat nav that are 2010 registered.

Rich

A3/S3 are different 2011 MY Sat Nav Standard on S3.

Hi everyone,

I was going to keep silent on here until I got mine but seeing as this thread is informative in nature I can help out a bit...

I've ordered an A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI Black Edition with phantom black paint, full black leather seats, parking assist, ipod connector etc.

Ordered it early December, delivery is estimated to be early June....

Maybe Audi are moving along better than expected? I ordered a 1.4T S line mainly down to insurance and the fact that the black edition was apparently a lot longer to wait for! I ordered mine in October/early November, and was given early June! I had some news this week that the car is going to be built on Week 04 (Jan 24th).

Because I want the car in March (Mid/Late) how long does it take to build the car, and on average, how long does it take to come over?

Thanks

Matty if it's build week 4 I would be surprised if you don't have it for 1 MArch.

I wish :) I'm not building my hopes up though, I ordered it through Drive the Deal, so the dealership is a couple of hours away. If it comes in March, that would be fantastic, but because of the delays everyone is experiencing, it wouldn't be a shock if there was a few months delay!

I really would of loved the Black Edition, but I was stung by the Sport option (which was free on selected engines till 30th September), so I had to pay £800+ extra! Also, because of insurance the 1.4T engine was the largest engine I could have. Is there a reason why they didn't make this engine in the Black Edition? I have speced mine up with the Xenons and the Privacy glass - but most of all I wanted the wheels and the flat bottom steering wheel!

Thanks

I wouldn't worry about the FB wheel, had one in a 2008 TT and not that great really.

seriously, when waiting for a new car, anything over a month would kill it for me!! I work in manfacturing and have visited Toyotas factory on many occasions and the MD would be out to kill you if the customer didnt get what he wanted within a reasonable time. (hence why they have come from nothing to the worlds biggest car producer in 30 years, most of that gain in the last 10)

If I ordered a brand new Auris/Avensis today, any spec I wanted I could get it withing a month. Why do Audi have to be so friggin slow? I think they do it on purpose to make them look more special

I know what you mean Lee BUT ....Why would any thinking person want a new Toyota? Yuk Yuk Yuk IMHO...

I know what you mean Lee BUT ....Why would any thinking person want a new Toyota? Yuk Yuk Yuk IMHO...

I agree, I miss the 90's with the supra, celica and MR2, what have they got now thats interesting? sod all!

but they sold 7.4 million cars worldwide last year compared to less than 1 million Audis (and thats a record for Audi)

They must be doing something right....keeping customers happy!

Most people who drive cars only want to get from A to B . Early MR2 was goodish but later version was '****' French called it the MR as Merde Deux (the French pronunciation is just that ****!!

New stuff... yuk... no brakes, poor styling, even the Posh Toyota Lexus brand is struggling... OK for Tory wives at the Golf Club but not Car enthusiasts eh???:busted_cop:

Why do Audi have to be so friggin slow? I think they do it on purpose to make them look more special

Agreed and also perhaps to help them keep their value a bit by making them harder to get hold of? They won't want to get to the point where supply is greater than the demand though so can see why they do it to an extent.