Black Edition Rotors......but they have none

Interesting... when did you place your original order? Mine was about a week ago and whilst initially was told I couldn’t have the rotors, a week ago they said they were back in stock. I haven’t heard anything about a third wheel option from my dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I placed my order 12th October, so a while ago now.. I am not happy with this and for sure prefer the original Black Edition rotors, pretty stuck on what to do now.. Seems one thing after another with this order, and my dealer is not being useful at all.

In my eyes, any orders that have been placed already and assigned a build week should not change, whereas orders going forward should only have the new alloy wheel option.

I placed my order 12th October, so a while ago now.. I am not happy with this and for sure prefer the original Black Edition rotors, pretty stuck on what to do now.. Seems one thing after another with this order, and my dealer is not being useful at all.

In my eyes, any orders that have been placed already and assigned a build week should not change, whereas orders going forward should only have the new alloy wheel option.

I agree! Seems very confused.

I placed my order last week and asked the salesman regarding this issue. He had no idea and said they haven’t had any delays due to this issue.

I still haven’t received my order number yet but I’m hoping that they have changed the rotors to the V style S4 alloys.

I did originally want them but at £1200-£1300 dealer fit option I stuck with the rotors..

Reactions: Whytho1001
I received my order number from Audi on Monday but I haven’t been able to load it on the order tracker, the combination of the order number and my postcode is not recognised. Dealer said wait a few days and try again.

I believe I am getting the rotors but who knows. I’d be happy with the third option too

Personally, I’d hold out for Rotors. My dealer was telling me delivery could be as late as Feb/March in October because they simply had no idea. I collected mine on Monday
8FB9E9FA 0BD1 44F7 B5F8 BA63243AADED

Reactions: Rocksteve69, SPIKE_ and TC18
I like both 19 inch wheels so its a win win for me. The 18s are much better in person, I actually didn’t think they were the same wheels, but I think they are just a tad too small for me.

I’m holding off asking my salesman until next week when I should hopefully have an order number.. plus if I ring him now il end up adding the panoramic roof :tired:

Reactions: Paul Golding
The rotors will always be associated with the B8 model and I don' think the style suits the sharper lines of the B9. Different wheels for a newer model, I would say.
Don't get me wrong, I loved the rotors on my B8 but putting them on a B9 looks like it's a new car with old wheels. Plus every man and their dog is running rotors on VAG cars (granted most are cheap copies).

Go for the 19" RS wheels. Granted the matt colour is a b*gger to keep clean.

Reactions: Val95
I’ve decided that I really like these 19” V-spokes, more so than the rotors. So I contacted my dealer and asked him to change my order. It was fine, no cost change and brought the build week forward by a week :)
e4cdd33b9b07624fd6141186f927e6aa.jpg

I’ve decided that I really like these 19” V-spokes, more so than the rotors. So I contacted my dealer and asked him to change my order. It was fine, no cost change and brought the build week forward by a week :)
e4cdd33b9b07624fd6141186f927e6aa.jpg

No cost change?... lucky you.

No cost change?... lucky you.

I just checked in the configurator app and they appear as a no cost option instead of the rotors. I'm pretty sure when I looked last week they weren't an option, so looks like it's new!

I just checked in the configurator app and they appear as a no cost option instead of the rotors. I'm pretty sure when I looked last week they weren't an option, so looks like it's new!
Yep. That’s definitely something new. Must be to relieve the shortage of rotors issue.

Yeh as soon as I saw them on the website configurator I contacted the dealer. Even he didn’t seem to be aware of it.

They weren’t on there yesterday when I checked.. just emailed my salesman to get the change!

As much as I like the V spoke wheels, I'm glad I got the rotors. Think rotors look best with DG, but the V spoke work really well with white cars.

You guys really are making me reconsider changing over to the V Spokes..! Audi UK confirmed that I would keep the rotors as I already have my build week assigned, but my build week is still not until January.. So if the V Spokes would bring my build week forward then I may have to consider it further.

I was given confirmation of the change of wheels and given my order number! Build week 22/01/18, no idea if adding the wheels bought it forward but they aren’t showing up on the tracker yet any way. Was quoted end of March early April, hopefully this has bought it forward for the start of March..

V spokes are nice and I hope potential BE owners choose them to make my BE with rotors a rarer car haha!

Seriously though the V spokes look great and I'd have found it difficult to choose between them and the rotors - photos / configurator don't do them justice and I do think either of the wheels will look much better in the flesh

Reactions: Rocksteve69 and Whytho1001