Black Edition Rotors......but they have none

Thanks, now if only Audi could make my day.

The dealer has now confirmed that after speaking with Audi UK, there is indeed a wheel issue and they (Audi UK) are saying there is no way to indicate approximate lead times and that no order will be given a build date.......unless I change the wheels. Their only offer (so far) was for the 18" black which I've declined. I explained that I expect to be able to choose from any other 19" offered for any A4 and that just because the computer says "no", doesn't mean it can't be done........yes I kept my fingers crossed. Anyway, he's gone away to see what else can be done.

Can't help feeling a new order is looming :cry:

Imagine how all those who order and don't use forums are going to be feeling in few months time :rage:

Basically, the dealer is insisting that they only have the same options with the configurator that customers have i.e. 18" black wheels are the only other choice. He suggests trying Audi UK! I've spent 25 minutes on hold so far since yesterday without actually getting through to somebody.

Maybe it's time to go for an S-Line...........
A4 wheel option2

Just seen confirmation e-mail from Audi UK confirming the issue is related to the alloy wheels. There is no further info available as to when alloys are available and when the build will be confirmed!

Pretty shocking really. Going for a C200 (my original choice) out of spite feels like cutting my nose off to spite my face though.

Given that Audi acknowledge the problem, you’d have expected them to at least offer something else other than “we have no idea when we might build your car......still”!

Just not trying to talk myself into being happy with a shiny grill!

Today I have received a private message on Facebook from Audi UK confirming that my build slot is next week so it certainly looks like they were telling the truth yesterday when I spoke to customer services, might be worth other members contacting Audi UK through Facebook as they are quick to respond and certainly seem quite helpful.....

I spoke to my dealer today, they have said that existing orders won't be affected!

Dealership have just rang me admitted there are problems with the engines and alloys. Offered me the 18inch black alloys if I wanted to speed up my order...

Dealership have just rang me admitted there are problems with the engines and alloys. Offered me the 18inch black alloys if I wanted to speed up my order...
That really isn’t acceptable. 18’s and some cash maybe. But not just 18’s.

Did they say what the engine issue was?

I had 13th November and that’s disappeared, not looking good especially after the 2.0 TFSI delays, I’d decided to wait this week for it but I think I’ll just cancel and get something else.

My first Audi and all that’s happened is that I’ve been let down so far.

Joke!
Dealer and Audi UK confirmed today that I'm build week 45 and 6th November despite the speculation. Also confirmed that there's no issue with wheels or engine (for my build I assume). I wanted to add HHA and storage pack to the spec but couldn't because the order is locked at 4 weeks prior to build date

Here's hoping - I could see the car by end November all being well!

Reactions: SPIKE_
Out of interest, when did you put your order in? Mine was placed a month ago, and still no build date (order tracking still at 00)...

Well mine was 31/07 and I’m still at “00”!

I guess how quick it’ll move for you depends on the wheel option you have.

This sounds like the same kind of supply problem Audi had with the gloss black grills on the B9. They ended up removing them from orders (inc. mine!) due to a supply issue.

They shouldn’t offer these extras if the supply chain can’t cope!

Hope you get the wheels you want guys.

Well mine was 31/07 and I’m still at “00”!

I guess how quick it’ll move for you depends on the wheel option you have.

Well, at the moment I have the apparently problematic 19" rotors. My dealer hasn't said anything about issues with them yet.
Fortunately I'm in no rush so currently happy to sit and wait (although I'm checking the status daily just in case )

Out of interest, when did you put your order in? Mine was placed a month ago, and still no build date (order tracking still at 00)...
Ordered 4th July. I've had a build date since mid-July, it moved a few times but settled recently on 6th November - fingers crossed!

Hope yours moves soon - the wait is excruciating!

Well, for the first time in a while, I didn't bother looking at "yourAudi" this morning. Having had no joy from the dealer about wheel choice, and not having the patience to hold for long enough to talk to somebody at Audi, I finally sent a message via the link on the website.

As an afterthought, I thought I'd check yourAudi anyway.........it's only gone to status "10" with a build week of 45! :yahoo:

Same as yours AlnSaz.

Reactions: AlnSaz
At last there is light at the end of the tunnel - hopefully late Nov/early Dec we'll be grinning from ear to ear enjoying the new motors!

At last there is light at the end of the tunnel - hopefully late Nov/early Dec we'll be grinning from ear to ear enjoying the new motors!
Motors with Rotors :sweatsmile:

Reactions: SPIKE_, Rocksteve69 and AlnSaz
Thankfully mine has now moved forward a week to WB 6th November so hopefully I will have it before Christmas!

I swear they had the same issues with the old style rotors on the B8 BE’s back in 2011 when I purchased mine. Definitely worth waiting for the 19” wheels IMO

Just had an update from my dealer, and he has confirmed the following
"they have run out of supplies of both the Black Edition Avant wheels and bits of the black styling pack - presumably around the back window as the saloon is unaffected"

He is still saying a temporary delay (although how long is temporary....)

Audi do seem to have completely underestimated the popularity of the BE it seems...

Just had an update from my dealer, and he has confirmed the following
"they have run out of supplies of both the Black Edition Avant wheels and bits of the black styling pack - presumably around the back window as the saloon is unaffected"

He is still saying a temporary delay (although how long is temporary....)

Audi do seem to have completely underestimated the popularity of the BE it seems...
Doesn’t make for good reading. Seriously hope for better news from my dealer by the end of next week! All I want is a confirmed delivery date.

I have a saloon on order and my build date has come forward, fingers crossed.

There was a supply issue with 17" wheels when I ordered a Mk4 Mondeo, all those years ago, ended up having 18" ones free of charge. We ordered a new Fiesta in July but we have an indefinite build date due to quality issues with leather seats. It happens, unfortunately, to all manufacturers then the difficulty is if they have to change the supplier there are many processes to go through until the QC is acceptable. It isn't a overnight job...

YourAudi is now showing status 20, surely this is good news? Looks to be on track for a week 45, 6th November build :)

YourAudi is now showing status 20, surely this is good news? Looks to be on track for a week 45, 6th November build :)
I'm still seeing status 10, but with the same build week.........fingers crossed.

Along the same thread topic

Another VAG car, Leon Cupra 300's, are having a supply issue with the standard 19's for this car which is adding 10-12 weeks to the build weeks/deliver times. Madness !

So it would seem the whole VAG group need to buck there idea's IMHO

So I ordered my B9 BE two weeks ago to this date.. Just took a look on the tracker to notice it's still on welcome, so I contacted Audi UK via live chat.. See below for the outcome of the chat.

Imran: 10:34 Thank you for waiting. You would need to speak to the Sales Team at **** as they should have contacted you and informed you of some restrictions on your vehicle order.

Me: 10:36 I spoke to them yesterday, and they did not state anything at all. Could you tell me what these restrictions are?

Imran: 10:37 Restrictions are on the allow wheels or trim. This would need to be changed at the Audi Centre.

Me: 10:38 I don't understand? So there is a restriction on the wheels

Imran: 10:39 Yes, that is correct and this is the reason why your order has been stopped from having a build date.

So seems that the pesky BE rotor issue is still around! Nice of my dealer to make me aware of the issue, I literally spoke to them yesterday evening.

Anybody else had any further updates?

When Audi UK told me the same thing, my Audi Centre had no idea what I was talking about. The following day they came back with the 18" wheel being the only other option. I was honestly resigned to a March/April delivery (ordered 31st July). Finally, on 13th October, mine moved to "Order Received" and was given a build date......that's around 10 weeks from actually placing the order.

It looks like there's a few of us here that ordered a while ago that have now got the same build week, but as you say, the Rotor issue must still be ongoing. Seems they just can't hold of them to keep up with demand.

Hope you don't have to wait too long.

I'm not too fussed about waiting to be honest, I'd be willing to wait until Feb time.. I will contact my dealer later today and see what they have to say.

Had a phone call earlier today from Audi UK after speaking to somebody on live chat. They confirmed that there was an issue with the supplier of the Black Edition wheels, but this has now been resolved. He stated that they are in progress of going through orders and assigning a build week, so hopefully I should be all good to go come the end of the week!