Facelift Black Edition Diesel Quattro ordered.

Oh yes, she said i could get an S3 BE after we discussed about quattro but really don't want high fuel costs, and higher monthly payments.

And i like filling up, say every 3 weeks. ;)
The s3 is only like £10 a month more than an a3 Quattro black edition surely? It's only 2k less with a 2k less residule? But it will be a little more expensive on fuel. Not much mind

Reactions: TDI-line
The s3 is only like £10 a month more than an a3 Quattro black edition surely? It's only 2k less with a 2k less residule? But it will be a little more expensive on fuel. Not much mind

Yes, that is correct, but then i wouldn't be satisfied with the BE 18" alloys, so would be mag-ride, 19's, so would be another £4k in different options + Ara and to be fair, i'm happy with my existing 184Q, she has been faultless and probably one of the best cars i have owned regarding power, looks and handling, so to me makes sense.

I've also owned a Mk4 R32 before, and absolutely hated the way i would only get 250-300 miles per tank, great sound though, so found my self counting the pennies too much regarding fuel, so this way it keeps me in check, if that makes sense.

I would have to change my A-S.net name....

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
The facelift s3 is very good on fuel, I averaged 35mpg over 1500 miles with mixed driving, a fair bit was hard as well. That was about 350 miles to a tank. My GTD only gets 450 to a tank driving reasonably and costs more to fill up...

Reactions: TDI-line, pburv and Gordo77
The facelift s3 is very good on fuel, I averaged 35mpg over 1500 miles with mixed driving, a fair bit was hard as well. That was about 350 miles to a tank. My GTD only gets 450 to a tank driving reasonably and costs more to fill up...
Av had my S3 nearly 2 years and it's never averaged 35mpg more like 29.

Reactions: TDI-line, pburv and azibux1
I wonder why they didn't make the 184Q 7-speed, like on the new Tiguan 190?

I suppose it's a completely different engine, longitude - latitude thingy.

main-qimg-3596dd3ab07e0da396f3735df32c35a8-c

Reactions: pburv
I wonder why they didn't make the 184Q 7-speed, like on the new Tiguan 190?

I suppose it's a completely different engine, longitude - latitude thingy.

main-qimg-3596dd3ab07e0da396f3735df32c35a8-c
It's just a another number to hit..... real world no significant difference mate, besides that most/all peeps buy a Audi for the

Download

Reactions: Sandra, pburv and TDI-line
Ok, added S-line suspension to the build.

I'll have to wait and see what the experience will be like. :)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Sandra
Ok, added S-line suspension to the build.

I'll have to wait and see what the experience will be like. :)

Bit different as this is an A5 to S5, but going from a A5 with sport suspension and 18" wheels to a S5 with Sline suspension and 19" I have noticed very little in real world comfort.

:)

Reactions: TDI-line
Bit different as this is an A5 to S5, but going from a A5 with sport suspension and 18" wheels to a S5 with Sline suspension and 19" I have noticed very little in real world comfort.

:)

It's probably the little things you will notice over time, and how well it feels. :)

Or what if this just an Audi conspiracy, and really they only have one suspension type, and market it as different versions.... ch-ching!

It's probably the little things you will notice over time, and how well it feels. :)

Or what if this just an Audi conspiracy, and really they only have one suspension type, and market it as different versions.... ch-ching!

I had the A5 for 2yrs and now the S5 for 1yr and if anything, I actually found the S5 more comfortable over speed bumps!

I am presuming the S5 has the same set-up as a S-Line A5??