1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Dog

killfame Jan 4, 2018

1. hydro s3

hydro s3 S3 amk Team Ming Blue Audi S3

That is total dedication.
    Only crashed a few days ago and its already nearly back on the road.
    Congrats

2. killfame

killfame Active Member

It happend last Friday, yes.

3. Stuart B

Stuart B Well-Known Member

How does a wheel like that be fixed?

4. killfame

killfame Active Member

Nothing is impossible.

5. killfame

killfame Active Member

Couple of things happened during the past week. I have no idea from where to start... It never stops...
    Well, last Friday the car was ready to go and as i mentioned I already took it back home. Since then the car left the Garage only once for 30 minutes test run around the town in Saturday, she been static in the Garage... Few good and bad things happend since then.
    Last two days i was busy fixing my Passenger Seat.. because backrest stuck push forward. Something happened last time i push it from the button to fit my bumper in. I suspect the button once again, because i already had journey problem with my Pass/Seat Rise-Up button before. Anyways, with many divination together with my Dad from where the problem possibly comes, we end up breaking the seat a part. All that was unnecessary, of course. The problem came from the main bundle of cables which was tightly fitted from the factory behind the seat on the fold of the seat ... Of which bundle, main victims were plus and minus. We fix that, all worked back again.
    Today was the big day and not exactly, i received call.. the Bumper was readyy :hubbahubba:the Wheel as well. Mounting everything back in its place was true pleasure!
    Putting the seat back in its place was pain in the ass, mate of mine became Crazy with me and my seat, helping me. :friends:
    After all was fitted, we end up turning the key, and new problem happily arrived... The car choked from the richness (No Tune, still...) after couple of unsuccessful attempts, we decide to unplug the Injectors to dry the Spark Plugs.. that was unsuccessful too. So we push out the Coils to check the Spark Plugs and eventually to dry and clean them from the fuel. Brand new plugs were 'BLACK' and 'WET' enough.. Anyways, the car finally Fired Up without hesitation as she always do. I push her out from the Garage in the courtyard and the next one arrived... I turn off the key and tried to Start her again and my Starter died... And to cover everything, after we end up firing her by gear, my Oil Level Sensor start making anomalies. OLS was the first thing i changed when i bought the car in December 2015...Seems like Euro Car Parts "parts" does not last long. I was just shocked!:wtf::scared2: I take her around the Town for around two hours, whilst i was praying no to die on me, somewhere... I returned back home and my alternator sign and abs sensor lighted up :sob: Also my right front tire has couple of degrees negative camber too, looks like something is not okay, i hope aligment would fix that. :sorry::sos:

I don't know what to do and think anymore.. I'm just 22, and already a lot of money, effort, nervous and time has been invested in this piece of metal..
    I'm ashamed of myself, engaging my friends picking me up from my home the whole time...And helping me, sorting this thing...

"Big" day tomorrow, i'm gonna visit my mechanic again. If, she starts up..

Enough mumbling, here's the secret surprise. Enjoy!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. IanPG

IanPG Well-Known Member Silver Supporter Team Nogaro Blue Audi S3

Nice ventilation on the bumper!!!

Sounds to me like flat battery. All sorts of weird things start to be triggered when the battery goes flat.

7. killfame

killfame Active Member

Those gills are not something new in the game, the actual surprise is the 'DTM' style "snowplough" under the Cupra R Splitter.
    The following problem with my Volts, that i had It turned to be bad and dying alternator and starter also.. Probably brushes mainly on both. I left out the car in Tuesday to be refurbished.

Now i'm Waiting for a call to take the machine back.
    1. Go for aligment, fixing up the tires.. And next level have to be catched.
    2. Go to the tuner 2.5 to Discuss what i want from the car
    3. Bringing her in her full potential!

4.. There's no Four. That's the first number I want to see on the graph or at least close to it.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  8. IanPG

Good luck!

Let’s hope for no more mishaps ;)

hydro s3 likes this.
  9. killfame

killfame Active Member

The boost gauge is reading little below -0.5 around -0.6 I think...
    Also i'd like to mention that my Recirculating Valve currently start to loose pressure at higher load around 0.7bar of boost It makes wierd flutter noises
    I checked every single possible vacum that can cause that and there's nothing wrong. I checked the Recirculating Valve also. It's Hyperboost one, the Gauge is Stack one. Any ideas?

10. hydro s3

hydro s3 S3 amk Team Ming Blue Audi S3

I have no experience of the make you have but I have read that a faulty recirculation valve can make a flutter sound if there on way out.

Stuart B likes this.
  11. killfame

killfame Active Member

http://www.sfsperformance.co.uk/valves.asp
    That's the one I got. Some of the previous owners fit it to the car (seems like comes from USA market), never had issue since I own the car. I've always liked that how it (SPITS OUT) between high rev changing gears.. Anyways, i have booked her for tune last week, tomorrow morning I'm going to leave her to the tuner, i'll tell him to check everything suspicious.

AND HERES WHAT THEY SAY

HyperBoost Recirc Valve

Replaces the factory-fit Bosch diverter valve to provide a faster response and more reliable operation. Reduces lag and sharpens throttle-response - meaning faster acceleration and improved driveability. Same width as your factory Bosch valve and only 20% taller. Fits under engine covers for VWs and even in the Porsche Twin Turbo.

• The Hyperboost valve reduces turbo lag as it recovers faster when you 'hit the throttle' reduced lag = faster acceleration.
    • Throttle modulation is smoother and feels more accurate under your foot.
    • These valves also perform accurately and reliably time and time again, even in the most extreme conditions.
    [​IMG]
    Inadequate/defective standard valves have extended lag, loss of boost, sluggish throttle response. A HyperBoost valve can clear up the previously mentioned problems and offers reliable action, time and time again. If your car has been chipped, a HyperBoost valve will optimise the performance benefits.

Unique features with the HyperBoost valve:

• Teflon™ impregnated piston for the most accurate and consistent action available while promoting long life.
    • Utilizes larger VitonTM brand o-rings for increased piston seal to insure leak-proof operation.
    • Internal parts are lubricated with Mobil 1TM synthetic grease, the best you can buy.
    • Connection nozzles are machined to OEM/BoschTM dimensions.
    • O-ring sealed cap for positive locking and a leak-proof seal.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  12. killfame

killfame Active Member

Well the "problem with my Voltage wasn't Bad Alternator or Starter neither" It turned to be bad Earth connections with corrosion. That safe me couple of hundred, for fuel :blahblah1:

"Bad DV" NO,NO,NO MY INATTENTION AGAIN... The 90 degree Silicone connection from the MAF to the Intake Tube, was loosen.. Somehow 'maybe tu mach powa' :fox:

I just left the car in the hands of the Tuner for base map. But first, he needs to unlock the ECU because some GURU from the UK locked it and put some aggressive map on my old K04, that explains many things.. and then next thing need to be done before tuning. Also he (found) realised why there are few oil drops on the turbine oil return line.
    Oil Return Line gotta be rerouted, because right now has some kind of "up hill" around Transfer Case and that causes the turbine to burn oil at some point on idle as and in motion... and build some type of pressure in the CHRA. But, it Does not eat oil, i'd like to say nothing at all. But if we push the car at higher pressure like is it now, it will blow up the turbine.

Stay tuned for more, the most exciting is on its way.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    S3 Hilife and IanPG like this.
  13. IanPG

you're still able to dump all that extra air out with that little DV???

is it the stock sized ports?

14. killfame

killfame Active Member

Stock size ports, but the main shape of it is 20% taller (bigger) than stock one.. my K04 was pushing 1.47bar peak and 1.3bar hold.. That DV ( SPITS OUT like crazy on that pressure, between gear changes at redline)
    If does not hold or can't hold the pressure I want, i'll go the Blow off route with TiAL Q 50MM or TiAL QR 50mm which is DV still. Still don't know.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018