Black badges

I have those very ones on the rear

Reactions: mcfc1987
I have those very ones on the rear

Ah cool, they come with adhesive pads? I assume the usual hair dryer, fishing wire and then a tar remover works for getting the old one off?
Also have you got standard rings on front? I've brought front and rear but not sure if will be overkill on the front.
Currently looks like this

Also this is the car after 2 coats of carlack, I know you have just got the acrylic kit, it's now wearing 4 coats and looks even better

Reactions: Dado
I have the gloss RS style grille with Gloss black rings

Rears are as you describe,takes 20 mins or so

Personally not a fan of the gloss black rings on the front, it needs the silver rings to break it up. Quite like the black rings on the rear though

I recon this depends on a couple of things. 1) Type of grille. The Black Optic S4 grille is nowhere near as imposing as the RS4 black mesh in my eyes. It is a lot more open and I feel it can carry the black rings a bit better. From what I've seen the rings tend to disappear a bit on the gloss mesh grilles. That said they look pretty aggressive all in black. 2) Colour of the car. The Glacier White one before this Daytona car had the same grille. Black gloss surround with satin black crossbars. I don't think this Daytona one would look that good changing the rings to black. The white one cried out for it. It did not look that good with chrome rings. It was a bit vanilla.The Daytona S4 is just right as is. So I suppose I'm saying the colour of the car has determined my choice so far. I've yet to have a Misano or Sepang model though. I see them with black. Back rings? Look good in black but I think the main thing is is that they should match the front ones.

Reactions: xpoweruk
@xpoweruk do you have a better picture of your front, I have gloss black rings coming for my RS4 and would like to see them pre-fitted to a gloss black grill.
@GeoffDunk - Here you go Geoff

IMG_1905%20Medium_zpsopyr6hkc.jpg

More pics here -
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=365457

best I have at the mo is this
WP 20150611 002

How have people removed the front rings without damaging anything?

Not sure mate TBH,mine went in when I had the grille changed

Last edited:
How have people removed the front rings without damaging anything?

can the rings be removed without removing the bumper/grille??

I have seen this confirmed in a post somewhere and explained but I can't seem to find it. Apparently it can be done without removing the whole grille.

Reactions: Garry Houseman
Thin screwdriver and it apparently just prises away if you take your time and work from one side to the other, my rings arrived today so I'll hopefully have a look at the weekend

Thin screwdriver and it apparently just prises away if you take your time and work from one side to the other, my rings arrived today so I'll hopefully have a look at the weekend
nice one! keep us all in the picture matey

Currently undecided

Reactions: GeoffDunk and Bristle Hound
The black ones look better IMO

I quite like both also, I think the black rings at the front give that aggressive look.

I had black rings on my old grill:

But when I changed to the honey-comb grill I went back to the chrome rings as I thought they looked nice against the grill:

I do still have gloss black rings on the rear which I removed and sprayed myself! :)

I think I'm going for black rear and silver front, with it getting lowered and windows tinted in the next few weeks it will already have an aggressive look.
Think the blacked out front will be a bit of overkill

I was trying to find someone who would do black chrome badges for the S4? Anyone found any?

There is no chance that the front will come off without bumper removal, as I was 50/50 on the fronts it's made the decision for me. Front will remain standard. Rear is sorted though

Reactions: xpoweruk and Garry Houseman
There are details on here or RS246 where someone has removed the front badge withour removing grille or bumper, I'll see if I can find it.

I've decided to not fit mine as balck car and black badges just isn;t going to look right IMHO.

There is no chance that the front will come off without bumper removal, as I was 50/50 on the fronts it's made the decision for me. Front will remain standard. Rear is sorted though
looks well!
kinda like that rear lip as well .

Reactions: V6 Quatt
Really like that. It's what I am thinking for mine including the black sline badging

Who's black badges do you all use, as the ones I sent off for were a bit cheep looking. Don't want to spend £30k on a car and then put s---e badges on it, if you know what I mean.

Its down to the individual car eh. Some cars look balanced with chrome on black. Some get that really cool aggressive look. Colour of the car. Kind of grille. What wheels. There are some really good looking selections of badges here. Everyones got their own very personal view on this one.

I meant that aggressive look when you put black on black.

will also depend on car colour ??

New to Audi - just got a year old brilliant red black edition A4 avant that I will de badge at back and have black circles with a new black number plate holder that has s line logo in middle with Audi circles at each end - should look cool.

Front bit more of a problem - want to come away from chrome but can't decide whether to go for black or possibly white circles ??

Car colour. I think that, for instance, black rings look far more effective against say ibis, glacier white and the lighter silvers, rather than chrome ones. The chromes look a bit "vanilla" on these lighter colours. Reverse that, and in a way, and in my mind, chrome rings can look pretty good against say dark metallic tones like Daytona Grey. I've left them that way on mine. That said black on red always looks very cool as they do on a lot of the primary coloured cars. Is brilliant red Misano? And do black editions always have black grilles? I'm assuming they do. I haven't seen white rings in the flesh. They might look OK on the back, but on the front? I suppose you can take them off and do them again if they don't work. Just cost a few bucks and a bit of time. Everybody definitely has their own take on this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chop.
no - brilliant is a lighter red than Misano so the black will contrast well with it - was thinking that the white may contrast with the black grille and stand out but am thinking more of black on black as others have said for the aggresive appearance - and as you say I can always change the colours easily

I recon that would look pretty cool. So to add to your quandary. Gloss or Matte? Haha