Black Alloy wheels

p90dly

Reaction score
Hi All,

Has any one got any suggestions for what Black alloys look good on an RS3, particularly on a Nardo Grey car.
We’ve have put a deposit on one and are collecting next week, it has the normal chrome 19” alloys which I want to swap for darker wheels.

Any suggestions or pictures so I can visualise it would be very much appreciated everyone.

Thanks I’m advance

Hi All,

Has any one got any suggestions for what Black alloys look good on an RS3, particularly on a Nardo Grey car.
We’ve have put a deposit on one and are collecting next week, it has the normal chrome 19” alloys which I want to swap for darker wheels.

Any suggestions or pictures so I can visualise it would be very much appreciated everyone.

Thanks I’m advance

I’ve ordered these in Gloss black, however they are on back order until middle of May.

d634c0554785f22632cef354f2380ec3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Count Drunkula
Hi All,

Thanks I’m advance
Have a look in the 'pics of your rs3 thread' pinned to the top of the 8v forum. There was a nardo car in there recently with the standard wheels refinished in gloss black. I was impressed, I've got nardo too. My only beef with gloss black is that they're clean for all of 2mins!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I’ve ordered these in Gloss black, however they are on back order until middle of May.

d634c0554785f22632cef354f2380ec3.jpg

There very smart, do you know how much your in for once you put shoes on them too??

Have a look in the 'pics of your rs3 thread' pinned to the top of the 8v forum. There was a nardo car in there recently with the standard wheels refinished in gloss black. I was impressed, I've got nardo too. My only beef with gloss black is that they're clean for all of 2mins!

Will take a look. Have considered getting the current wheels painted but wondered if it would be worth buying another set and keeping the originals stock for when we come to sell it?

Possibly, suppose it depends what else you're going to do to it. They're an in demand car, if you look at the likes of automotive addiction, it's rare they have a standard one in stock and they seem to sell within days.

Always got the option to get them painted then refurb them back closer to the time if selling. Still will probably cost you have the price of a decent set of alloys.

Not sure if you're on staggered setup too but you've got to think tyres if so. Likely you'll have the same wheel width all round if you buy a set of aftermarket wheels so you're probably not going to be able to use the stock tyres, another £600 or so on top!

There very smart, do you know how much your in for once you put shoes on them too??

Wheels are about £1100.

I already have tyres so just a case of swapping over.

Anyone in the Surrey area that could recommend somewhere I could get a quote for getting the standard wheels blacked out, ideally keeping the polished edge??

Also, any suggestions for where I can get the chrome around the grille and windows wrapped so I can make it look like it has the black pack??