bkd timing how to ?

jimbo95

Reaction score
ave just recently attempted to change the timing belt on my 2.0 bkd engine but now it doesnt run well as throttle keeps cutting out and am never getting the full power ? any advice on what to do as i am totally lost on what to do no, i used locking pins for cam and crank as told by the gates timing belt decrisption? any help would be appreciated

set to tdc and check on flywheel in the inspection hatch on top of gearbox.

then check front cam and see if you can put the timing pin in locking hole if it don't go in double check you have set to top dead centre undo the pulley and adjust so that he pin goes in and tighten. then check the rear cam again if pin don't go in undo pully and adjust until pin goes in and tighten.

just make sure you are at TDC

ImageImageImage

Looking at those pictures I can visually see the front & rear cams are way out of sync from each other. The physical positioning of both should be as near as possible identical on the front and rear. Looking at yours they appear to be at maximum adjustment in either direction!
Time the front cam up, use VCDS to get the torsion value spot on, then (by eye) position the rear cam to match the front. If that doesn't work there's a good chance your belt has been fitted a tooth out on the rear cam sprocket.

If you look at the pictures below of my front & rear cams you can see the position is near as dammit identical, this how yours should be too...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397302497286394
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397302558669529

Hi there i am also having a problem with this, mine is running like its misfiring after a serious of problems im now stuck at this. my dad set the cambelt up and the car would not start, plugged it in the computer and it said it was cam sensor. Changed that and set the timing up again and my dad was telling me (im no mechanic lol so bare with me) that when you set this up you can turn it to make sure its running right. started 1st time, the next day started running sluggish and misfired. which lead to the cam sensor or timing being out, he is sure the timing cant be out. plugged it in again and come up with cam sensor, well to be precise:
16725 cam position sensor g40 not applausable p3008 intermittent
then says again but with the code p0341.
I have spoke to audi about this got the part number and its 03g957147c the new part is 03g957147a. audi said it shouldnt really be a problem but the 03g957147c is super seeded from 03g957147a.
So any advice on this would be great
thanks in advance Arron