BKD 'static low' questions

danwoodcock

Reaction score
Sooo.. I'm one of those people that likes to run 'low'. Figured if I am going to do it, do it properly. I have a couple of questions that I'm having trouble with.

I'm after a set of engine raisers, but I can't seem to find any for a BKD. 10mm, 15mm, 20mm, whatever is available! Hoping it's not a custom job $$$$

And I'm also after a shallow sump, but I can only find one for the 1.9tdi, unless I'm stupid and it's the same fitting?

Any help is appreciated :)

Probably stupid low. But want to do the modifications right to avoid as much scraping bla bla as possible, IF I can and the products are there. If not then just as low as I can bare :)

air bag low ?

not sure how low you need to be to require an altered sump.....

Maybe not quite air bag low.

But I've just heard that the sub frame is actually lower than the sump, I was just being over cautious!

I ran mine stupidly low for a long time, until i decided a change of alloys were in order. I had my coilovers as low as they could possibly go, they are FK AK Streets and the only thing that would scrape alot is the plastic S**t cover on the underside. Even after alot of scraping and hard driving the sump had next to no marks on it, and those marks that did occur are from driving down the curb from my driveway.

Hope this helps and makes sense as im still pretty tired :sleeping:

I'm not sure if this is any help but if you have Instagram it might be worth looking up the user 'm44llj_stayclassy'. He runs his A3 static and as close to the floor as possible, I've seen his photos of the work needed to run it this low so it may be worth asking him. I'll try and attached a screen grab of it so you can see.
Screen Shot 2015 03 27 at 132452

Reactions: Beowulf
The engine sits higher than the subframe so you'll be fine!

I ran mine stupidly low for a long time, until i decided a change of alloys were in order. I had my coilovers as low as they could possibly go, they are FK AK Streets and the only thing that would scrape alot is the plastic S**t cover on the underside. Even after alot of scraping and hard driving the sump had next to no marks on it, and those marks that did occur are from driving down the curb from my driveway.

Hope this helps and makes sense as im still pretty tired :sleeping:

I'm not sure if this is any help but if you have Instagram it might be worth looking up the user 'm44llj_stayclassy'. He runs his A3 static and as close to the floor as possible, I've seen his photos of the work needed to run it this low so it may be worth asking him. I'll try and attached a screen grab of it so you can see. View attachment 54824

The engine sits higher than the subframe so you'll be fine!

Thanks for all the help. I've been there and done the whole winding down the coilies on a set of nice looking wheels, but now I've matured I thought it was worth asking before I end up spending a stupid amount on fixing/modifying things!

And yeah I've seen that A3, he's had all sorts done to run that low. Very impressive if it's your thing for sure!

Maybe speak to the guys at Still Static, they're the guys running dickhead low cars :) usually using HnR ultra lows.

Reactions: GGG_666
Maybe speak to the guys at Still Static, they're the guys running dickhead low cars :) usually using HnR ultra lows.

Funny you say that, I was planning on speaking to them this week. But it's not the getting low bit that I have trouble with, just like to know what I'm more likely to hit underneath haha. Should be fine judging by the responses :)