BKD 2.0 TDI Boost / Random Airbag light Isuue

Breezey

Reaction score
Hi all,

Was halfway back from a long drive today of about 250 miles when i noticed a change in the sound of the turbo as i had the windows open, sounded alot more wooshy / the sound of air escaping, i had a lack of power at times but for the most part i had a decent amount of boost. i carried on a few miles and thought to myself if there was a boost issue surely it would throw a code and i would see a light? boom no sooner than i thought it i got a light but to my amazement it was the airbag light randomly linked to lack of power?

My diagnosis is a boost hose has a split / come loose but not having ramps etc im unable to check until tuesday, im abit miffed as to why the airbag light has come on so looking for ideas really and a possible confirmation of my diagnosis? dont have VCDS yet unfortuinatly but considering purchasing it now to help with this as ive used it alot in the past.

VCDS is your best bet atm tbh, as we're merely speculating over the net.

VCDS is your best bet atm tbh, as we're merely speculating over the net.

If your willing to do me a deal i will have a copy :) if you dont mind me picking your brains every now and then? :p

Its already the deal of the century anyway :p

Price is the same for all buyers, nothing more or less :)

PMed. Would you say my assumption is along the right lines tho? is it going to cause me much harm driving with the boost leak? i have it somewhere in the back of my mind that as theres no vaccume now the turbo can overspool and damage itself?

Airbag light sounds little strange, but could be an IC pipe popped of or split hose, ideally a scan 1st then check pipes, as its 2 different systems.