Biturbo owners please advice

Limalex

Reaction score
Hello Gents,

I consider buying a 2013 Allroad Bitdi with a very high milage 170000
What sort of issues should I look for upon visiting the seller?
What sort of service should I expect around this miles?
Are this engines reliable?

Anything you can add would be highly appreciated.
Or simply should I reconsider?

thank you

Hi limalex, having had a 2013 Bitdi for 3 years I can tell you they a fantastic engine and plenty powerful enough. Gearbox is great too. Owned mine from 50k to 90k and never missed a beat. But honestly at that mileage I'd be cautious. Replacement turbos on these will be 1500-2k minimum. Dpf will be an issue for sure. I would recommend c7 and c7.5 bitdis to anyone but with that mileage I would pass. Just being honest. And I've had high mileage cars in the past. My old b5 Passat had 187k when I px'd it.
Good luck mate

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Google "Audi Free Health Check". Take it in to a dealer and see what's wrong. If you can't do that, budget £1000 to put things right.
Check service invoices, check MOT history through on-line website. It was probably a £55,000 car back in 2013 (say £65,000 now) and parts are priced accordingly).

Reactions: Limalex
Hi limalex, having had a 2013 Bitdi for 3 years I can tell you they a fantastic engine and plenty powerful enough. Gearbox is great too. Owned mine from 50k to 90k and never missed a beat. But honestly at that mileage I'd be cautious. Replacement turbos on these will be 1500-2k minimum. Dpf will be an issue for sure. I would recommend c7 and c7.5 bitdis to anyone but with that mileage I would pass. Just being honest. And I've had high mileage cars in the past. My old b5 Passat had 187k when I px'd it.
Good luck mate

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
Thank you your input Sir.
Normally I would not touch a high milage car and never had to until this point. So budget dictates. I would not worried about the turbo because the cost of hybrids are already accounted for a DPF likely will be deleted, but this would make a good excuses to haggle with the price :) However still not decided yet.

Hello Gents,

I consider buying a 2013 Allroad Bitdi with a very high milage 170000
What sort of issues should I look for upon visiting the seller?
What sort of service should I expect around this miles?
Are this engines reliable?

Anything you can add would be highly appreciated.
Or simply should I reconsider?

thank you
Hello
Firstly the car and engine combo is amazing. Its lets like a rocket attached to the car especially in dynamic mode and will outrun most things without trying.

I bought mine at 63k as the second owner. Noticed at 68k the gearbox at low speeds kept flicking between gears, 2,3,2,3,2,4 etc.

The sealed for life gearbox isnt for life, its 70k from zf the gearbox manufacturer.

I changed the oil myself and the problem went. Parts and filter approx £120 from autodoc. You need a pit or ramp to do this job.

I also had a small coolant leak at 75k with the coolant regulating valve. The genuine part from tps cost £75 and took a day to change as its buried deep in the vee.

my car is now at 85k and is running sweet.

personally I would avoid a 170k as from experience various audi suspension joints need replacement from 120k and the car will develop annoying creaks.

the bitdi is the best car I have ever owned and ive had about 10-12 Audi’s.