Bits missing on the S5

DarkyUK

Reaction score
Hi All,

Well I am the proud owner of a 2017 S5 and I have previously owned a A7 which I went mad on and added a tv tuner too, vim, reversing camera, raw etc

The S5 has a lot of things already but the one I have has a few disappointing ommisions. For example, you can't open the windows with the key, it doesn't have memory seats even though they can give you a massage, even the red lights in the door when open are just reflectors!

So, some of this will be hopefully sorted soon, namely folding mirrors, memory seats and hill hold break. Can the other bits like closing boot with remote key, convenience windows etc be coded on the newer models? I know they could on the 2015 A7 but not sure about these newer ones and can't find too much on the simple changes.

Things like the needle sweep and S clocks is not a problem as it's already an S5

Cheers, Andy

Hi All,

Well I am the proud owner of a 2017 S5 and I have previously owned a A7 which I went mad on and added a tv tuner too, vim, reversing camera, raw etc

The S5 has a lot of things already but the one I have has a few disappointing ommisions. For example, you can't open the windows with the key, it doesn't have memory seats even though they can give you a massage, even the red lights in the door when open are just reflectors!

So, some of this will be hopefully sorted soon, namely folding mirrors, memory seats and hill hold break. Can the other bits like closing boot with remote key, convenience windows etc be coded on the newer models? I know they could on the 2015 A7 but not sure about these newer ones and can't find too much on the simple changes.

Things like the needle sweep and S clocks is not a problem as it's already an S5

Cheers, Andy
A lot of those and more items can be changed/turned on via VCDS, OBDEleven, Carista etc. Or by a Pro like @DJAlix who has a whole blog on here.

My A5 convertible has remote open/close windows (not an option I specced either). Weird how the S5 doesn't. Have you held the key lock button for 5 seconds?

I don't have the keyless entry either

Did you know you could lower the roof by double pressing the unlock

Got an S5 and the windows do open if you press the unlock button and hold it down, I thought that was a standard feature my old S3 had it as well.

Perhaps owners should check their car manual and see if global closing is standard. Also check the vehicle/central locking settings within the mmi to see if there is long press to open all windows....

My A5 convertible has remote open/close windows (not an option I specced either). Weird how the S5 doesn't. Have you held the key lock button for 5 seconds?

I don't have the keyless entry either

Yup, Stood at the car for a good 10 - 15 seconds with the button pressed on unlock and nothing :(

Perhaps owners should check their car manual and see if global closing is standard. Also check the vehicle/central locking settings within the mmi to see if there is long press to open all windows....

There is very little in the MMI on the new cars, old A7 had a lot more :)

Got an S5 and the windows do open if you press the unlock button and hold it down, I thought that was a standard feature my old S3 had it as well.

Doesn't work on my MY2017 one though :(

There is very little in the MMI on the new cars, old A7 had a lot more :)
That is irrelevent, if you have global closing you will have the same setting as I do. However it may be that cabs and frameless windows do not...

That is irrelevent, if you have global closing you will have the same setting as I do. However it may be that cabs and frameless windows do not...

I actually tried again today, I have the closing of windows and pan roof by holding lock, holding unlock does nothing though.

Screenshot 20180728 124548
Screenshot 20180728 124556

Yes I know but I believe the MMI systems are the same, if in doubt then scan your manual. The answers are all in there.,l

I have cab and no advanced key, definitely got global opening and closing of the windows but not the roof
I think the roof requires the advanced key
Mfg date March 2017

Comfort opening should be enabled in your mmi.

The new mmi has still as many functions as the old ones. In fact it has more options.

Closing boot can only be done with the comfort boot (with the virtual foot pedalen). Then it can be closed with the fob.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine