1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Bitdi stage 1 remap

Buxton2901 Sep 9, 2020

1. Buxton2901

Buxton2901 Registered User

So my car is booked into Sunderland performance centre on Friday for a stage 1 tune on the back of @M8NGN getting his car tuned a few weeks ago.

My question to anyone with some tuning knowledge of these cars is what is a safe power/torque before intake temps become and issue and can the gearbox handle 750-800nm torque?

Also does the gearbox need to be remapped?

Cheers
    Paul

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

DonkeyIce and M8NGN like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. jetty

jetty Registered User

One thing I would have checked before your stage 1 is the harmonic damper/crankshaft pulley. Mine failed weeks ago and still waiting for parts - had to be recovered. Seems to be quite common over in the US - haven't seen too many reports in the UK. The guys over in the US are replacing theirs as a preventative measure and before tuning if not already done.
    It's basically rubber, so it's a matter of when not if. Running extra torque will certainly increase the risk of a failure.
    Mine went at 50k miles :sadlike:

4. M8NGN

M8NGN Registered User

I didn't know the Bitdi were released in the US. I thought you had the 3.0 petrol variant? Never heard of the crankshaft pulley failure. If this is on the Tdi I will be sure to look into it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Buxton2901 likes this.
  5. fatbadger

fatbadger Registered User

Mine failed about 3 weeks ago and had to be recovered, currently still sat in a dealership waiting on parts.
    BiTDI, 57k miles.

Not sure there's anything you can check though - they're either OK or they break and fall off!

I don't think tuning will affect it though, you're not changing the loading of any of the auxiliary parts the belt is driving ?

6. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Crank shaft pulley is a common failure item, rust usually sets in and the rubber starts to separate from the pulley, it then starts to rip it's self apart. Can create a lot of carnage as it can smash up the front fans. It was a common failure on the 3.0 C6 but the C7's are also affect by this issue.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  7. fatbadger

fatbadger Registered User

I was fortunate, it happened at startup and I switched off straight away. Luckily all that happened was the pulley outer fell forward slightly, the belt is still intact and wrapped around all pulleys.
    AA chap said he'd seen it a number of times (and not just on VAG cars either).

8. M8NGN

M8NGN Registered User

Well you learn something new everyday, and it usually costs money. Excellent! Something I will have to put in the book to be changed. Cheers to all for the heads up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

9. Buxton2901

Car remapped today and results can be seen in the pics. 380bhp and 760nm torque. Really happy with the results and car feels great [​IMG][​IMG]

James.c, M8NGN and DonkeyIce like this.
  10. Gazwould

Gazwould Registered User

Do they normally make 20hp above stock ?

11. Buxton2901

Seems to be the case mate

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. DonkeyIce

DonkeyIce Registered User

Audi are no good with any figures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. bobby singh

bobby singh BSR Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Hi Paul gearbox can take much more torque I know a few people that pushed high levels of torque without issues. I just posted some results from a 313hp model which share the same engine with around 820nm so I wouldn't worry about the gearbox.
    https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/a7-bitdi-results-313hp-model-dyno-results.420503/

15. Buxton2901

Thanks Bobby that is good to know.
    I was a little worried about launching now with the extra torque but I do want to get some 0-60 times to see how they compare to the quoted standard figures

James.c likes this.