BiTdi rear brake pad options?

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Looks like my rear pads are due, I'm looking for an upgrade. Has anyone had any experience with after market options? OEM is £84 for the rear pads trades, that would explain the 150 odd quote I got from Audi for rear pads change!

Surprised I've only managed 20k miles on these pads, I got 65k from my Passat estate rears!, but that didn't have 350bhp and weight 2 tons.

Reactions: jojo and Misikee
Yes the rear wear out a lot quicker al than the fronts ? Go figure. At 33k miles i changed out my fronts and rears at the same time. First set of fronts second set of rears. Strange but true. 33k on the fronts is great especially considering how much heavy use they get.

Yellowstuff

Az én iPhone készülékemről küldve a Tapatalk segítségével

Been there done that , did less than 1k on them and changed them for Reds .

Reactions: RAF_S7
You need to stop driving around with the hand brake on. I have the same rear calipers on mine as yours and use the red stuff pads front and back and they work well. My rears don't have pad wear sensors which I think yours does so the pad is slightly different.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EBC-RedSt...I-A6-allroad-quattros-DP32082C-/111705100917?
I'm not sure if mine has rear wear sensors? But Audi says they are 80% worn, and my visual inspection says it's getting low.
Does red stuff needs heat to get the most out of them?

My 2013 bitdi had just shot me a brake pad warning light on the dashboard. I'm not at home (where the manual is!) to check. Is it fronts / rears or everything!?!?

From whats been mentioned here the rears go quicker so if this is your first ever warning its likely the rears and need a visual inspection. Unless you have a garage of choice somewhere like Halfords might be cheap to get them checked.

Mines a 2013 biTDI with 73k miles and no idea if mine have ever been changed so waiting for some warnings. The red stuff rears don't seem badly priced but can't find any for the fronts so far.

Reactions: gordie1973
Great shout. I've a Halfords just down the road, will have check today. (Plus probably buy my 3yo a bike.....!)

Mines a 2013 biTDI with 73k miles and no idea if mine have ever been changed so waiting for some warnings. The red stuff rears don't seem badly priced but can't find any for the fronts so far.

What's the Greenstuff or Yellowstuff EBC part number ?

Well went looking and just in case anyone wants them:

A6/A7 BiTDI/AllRoad
Redstuff - Front DP32086C / Rear DP32082C

Yellowstuff - Front DP42086R / Rear DP42082R

Greenstuff - Front DP22086 / Rear DP22082

2016 UK Automotive Catalogue

Reactions: millsy4002, jojo, The Black Panther and 2 others
Nice, what brake disks do you recommend? I'm also interested for a swap

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: evans1089