BiTdi gearbox remap

Mo-S3

Reaction score
Little discussion going on elsewhere of remapping and not wanting hijack that thread..
Has anyone remapped their Bitdi ZF gearbox? Any benefit gained from the remap? Spoke to 1 or 2 tuners who offer the gearbox tune and says it improves the shift points and holds the revs longer when in S mode.
Im currently running the MTM cantronic box remap and whilst its fantastic im considering a direct ecu remap and wondered whether i would benefit from the gearbox tune as well.
With the MTM at the moment ive no complaints with the gearbox behaviour; just the odd occasion when when the gearbox gets a bit lazy dropping a gear or 2 immediately.

Always thought that nothing much is attainable or available .

Not like xHP for BMW ZF's .

Most of us can only dream of this level of customisation .

Im currently running the MTM cantronic box remap and whilst its fantastic im considering a direct ecu remap and wondered whether i would benefit from the gearbox tune as well.
How do you find the MTM from stock?
I had one on my S3 and preferred it to a JB4 as it's just straightforward plug and play.
If you do go for a full tune I would be interested in buying it for my SQ5 if your looking to sell!

When I had my E93 335i I downloaded and installed the Alpina gearbox flash.
It noticeably sharpened up the shift times and added the gear display into the dash.

I like the idea of having a facility to adjust the gearbox settings as per your own requirements but the fact that you could potentially go that 'bit' too far and wreck you gearbox is worrying. And as someone who is always tinkering and retrofitting stuff my fingers would be itching to try new settings lol

How do you find the MTM from stock?
I had one on my S3 and preferred it to a JB4 as it's just straightforward plug and play.
If you do go for a full tune I would be interested in buying it for my SQ5 if your looking to sell!

The MTM box superb in my opinion. I tried other brand tuning boxes prior to the mtm and all were a bit hmmm abrupt, rough and not linear if you know what i mean. where as the MTM box gives a very smooth power delivery through out the rev range and you never feel any flat mundane spots. Its got great power delivery in D mode and crazy power in S mode. A real enjoy to drive.

Yes i will definitely let you know when ive got the remap done and will be selling the MTM.

I like the idea of having a facility to adjust the gearbox settings as per your own requirements but the fact that you could potentially go that 'bit' too far and wreck you gearbox is worrying. And as someone who is always tinkering and retrofitting stuff my fingers would be itching to try new settings lol

Tell me about it !

In my non VAG German derv tiptronic anywhere near WOT and it goes to 4600rpm and then change up , annoying when remapped peak power is 3500 rpm . Even if you pull a flappy with near WOT no upchange .

Lift off and sometimes no upchanging hanging onto high revs as it anticipates that you might want to go again , all normal behaviour to what I have .

Only way I get an earlier WOT change is foot off and pull flappy .

I've already disabled the full WOT two gear kickdown that revs into space with a piece of foam stuck to the pedal .

Yes that's how I would describe how the box was on the S3, very smooth.
Yeah if you do move on to a map and sell on, then as long as it's compatible I'm definitely interested

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk