BITDI 0-60 times

I've done a 108mph terminal :)
Also with Manual box, 340hp 625nm.

Reactions: Rhyso
Enough. No trolling, no having a go at one another. It stops now or I will close the thread down. Understand this, I will not tolerate it, Keep on topic or be prepared for me to sort it once and for all.
Tha
Enough. No trolling, no having a go at one another. It stops now or I will close the thread down. Understand this, I will not tolerate it, Keep on topic or be prepared for me to sort it once and for all.
Thanks Sandra appreciate you responding to previous correspondence.

Desert storm stop trolling. It’s not welcome. Be polite and on point or find another use of your time. I appreciate your need to contribute but your belittling and criticising nature on these posts is bordering on obsessive and is not welcome or fit for someone acting as a moderator.

Further appropriate feedback will be given to the correct channels on these posts.
Thanks Sandra. I asked about where the 0-60 in 4.1 seconds came from. Was it just a comment on a forum or another one of those app 0-60 runs.
Of course the man at JD Engineering isn't going to say a 3.9s is impossible or very unlikely. Especially in the pouring rain. People posting claims like that on forums will probably only bring him more business. Regardless of how accurate they are.
Had a look on you tube for bitdi 1/4 mile runs as some people must have done them.
Found this one 13.1 seconds at 170km/h which is 105mph and a 2 second 60Ft time.

Clearly this car has no DPF as it's putting out smoke.
Posted at the same time by the same user this one.

450bhp 950Nm DPF off,egr off,700x400 intercooler, intake mods and K&N filter aggressive remap, light rims and tyres, minimum fuel probably the same spec that he ran the quarter in.
I ran a 13.1 quarter at 109mph in mine and my car doesn't have launch control and it doesn't have an auto box so my gear changes aren't as quick. It's also only 380bhp and 750Nm.
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/karls-3-0-tdi-build-thread.204785/page-13#post-2778256

A genuine 450bhp car will easily be in the low 12's as Bobby showed at GTI International.
On that run from the logs the 0-60 was 4.2s. On a 1/4 mile track with loads of sticky rubber down he only clocked 4.2s.
And you manged 3.9s in the pouring rain LOL.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/bobby-singh-a4-3-0-tdi-build-thread.248899/page-6#post-2777778

QUOTE="desertstorm, post: 3186248, member: 84666"]Thanks Sandra. I asked about where the 0-60 in 4.1 seconds came from. Was it just a comment on a forum or another one of those app 0-60 runs.
Of course the man at JD Engineering isn't going to say a 3.9s is impossible or very unlikely. Especially in the pouring rain. People posting claims like that on forums will probably only bring him more business. Regardless of how accurate they are.
Had a look on you tube for bitdi 1/4 mile runs as some people must have done them.
Found this one 13.1 seconds at 170km/h which is 105mph and a 2 second 60Ft time.

Clearly this car has no DPF as it's putting out smoke.
Posted at the same time by the same user this one.

450bhp 950Nm DPF off,egr off,700x400 intercooler, intake mods and K&N filter aggressive remap, light rims and tyres, minimum fuel probably the same spec that he ran the quarter in.
I ran a 13.1 quarter at 109mph in mine and my car doesn't have launch control and it doesn't have an auto box so my gear changes aren't as quick. It's also only 380bhp and 750Nm.
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/karls-3-0-tdi-build-thread.204785/page-13#post-2778256

A genuine 450bhp car will easily be in the low 12's as Bobby showed at GTI International.
On that run from the logs the 0-60 was 4.2s. On a 1/4 mile track with loads of sticky rubber down he only clocked 4.2s.
And you manged 3.9s in the pouring rain LOL.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/bobby-singh-a4-3-0-tdi-build-thread.248899/page-6#post-2777778[/QUOTE]

Did you get logs from VCDS from your Audi, Mr Audi?
Speed (acceleration)
Lambda
EGT
inj Q
rail p
boost?

I am in the South and would happily assist in gathering that information for you, if you are struggling.

I always get my car dynod at a second (or 3rd if required) set of rollers just to get an idea of the car and also the accuracy of the dynos in question.

Interesting to note in one particular case on an old car of mine, it did 171hp on one dyno (Storm Developments, also happened to be the company that tuned it in this particular setup) but the same car only a few weeks later, did less than 150 at Darkside Developments.

Given the small numbers at play here (well under 200hp), this is roughly 14% difference. Extrapolate that to larger numbers and the differences can be large.

Just something to consider

Reactions: Rhyso and Tendaimwari
Mr Audi I am nothing but polite, ask anybody who has met me and there are many people on here who have. When have I never been. The last post was entirely relevant to the discussion of the post as it provided evidence of these cars performance at the power levels you are stating your car has.
And it's a reasonable question to ask where you got the 4.1s 0-60 time from.

Reactions: Turjake and Rhyso
What make dyno was the Storm Developments ?

No idea.
I have used it on the Scirocco, when I was DPF off on stock turbo. 194hp/330ft lb at Darkside, 202hp/380ft lb at Storm.

I use SRR now as they are totally independent, relatively local and consistent on figures (generally on the lower end of the variable scale of dyno - IE a bit of a heart breaker).

Reactions: Rhyso
Sorry for bumping, but just seen this video online, this A6 posting a time of 10.5.

Reactions: The Black Panther
Hey look at the links :footy:

Yes, schools often give their pupils the summer off.

For someone so data driven you are awfully shy to provide any meaningful data from your own car to substantiate your claims.

You are a clown.

3.04 secs - 0-62.1 mph
I do so take great pleasure in silencing the spammers once and for all !! :yahoo:

I am not sure what you are trying to say here.Yes it's a fast diesel drag car, However it has little relation to a standard or remapped A6 Bi-Tdi.
That car is obviously very stripped, In the previous video you can see from the one shot it's running a bucket seat for the driver with no seat for the passenger.
BUCKET SEATS
Pre heated slick racing tyres on light weight small wheels, trim parts missing, no grilles

PRE HEAT TYRES

SLICK TYRES

ride height is way up,

ARCH GAP

when it launches the front arch wheel clearance is like a foot. And it stops like that for a few seconds. It has smaller front brakes than standard, probably 320mm, you can see the size of the front discs in relation to the rears.The standard brakes probably wouldn't fit under the smaller wheels.

SMALL BRAKES

It smokes like a cruise liner ,runs water methanol and Nitrous. Hardly surprising it's fast really.
Darkside get over 550bhp out of their 2 litre diesel with lots of Nitrous, water meth and boost.
I would guess this car is running around 700 bhp and probably not much more than 1500-1550 Kg.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobby singh
:whistle2:

Thanks Sandra. I asked about where the 0-60 in 4.1 seconds came from.
:salute::highly amused: JD engineering posting claims :rockwoot:

Last edited:
It has little relation :blow: :yahoo: lol !!

Little relation to how fast your actual car is?

It's a stripped out drag car.
Impressive times for sure but not a road car and that does make a difference.
valid points by Desertstorm.

Reactions: desertstorm
Good observation Karl - I have heard rumours they have blown a few engines - maybe someone can confirm?
Heads are ported, modified gearbox etc

I recently purchased a dragy device and it has a leader board. As it happens there was a JD 450hp on it with a 0 to 60 time of 4.21's

Cheers
Bobby

Reactions: desertstorm
LOL !! Apparently JD engineering couldn't reach 450 BHP !! What one is it guys ? Make your minds up. ! :footy:
Next you'll be banging on about how the JD STG 4 @ 485BHP is another made up number as well done on a fixed rolling road by the tuner to scam everyone. :hi:

As it happens there was a JD 450hp on it with a 0 to 60 time of 4.21's

Last edited:
What on my fake 459 BHP. :racer: That every man and his dog said wasn't possible and desert storm said was running at 4.7secs
:sex:
Little relation to how fast your actual car is?
So the one run that appeared to be the slowest at 4.1s was probably in reality the quickest. with a 0.8s time to 20 that was around 0.4s too quick. Add 0.4 onto 4.1 gives 4.5s.
The run with a 0.3s 0-20 is around 0.8s too fast so add that onto 3.9s = 4.7s

What on my fake 459 BHP. :racer: That every man and his dog said wasn't possible and desert storm said was running at 4.7secs
:sex:

The Black Panther / Mr Audi - I'm doing a BiTDI at the moment and I will write all my evidence in a thread soonish.
But I can tell you that a Bi TDI runs 800deg egt and 2.2bar boost as stock to make 313hp.

Cut a long story short you do not have 460hp, well at least with a working EGT sensor imo.
Another thing to note - BiTDI have a 8HP gearbox which is a lot faster than the older version like mine which is a 6HP.
My car with 440hp ran 4.2 to 60s - now bearing in mind my gearbox is lazy one would expect a BiTdi to run a quicker 60 time with approx 20hp more and faster gearbox, but the dragy leader board had a figure of 4.21s.

You can't compare a drag car to a road car. A road car needs to respect many factors like smoke level, reliability, safety etc

Cheers
Bobby

Reactions: Turjake, philsrb and Gazwould
Picked a VBOX sport off eBay for a laugh. Looks brand new so pretty chuffed. Miy BiTDI 313 is bog standard apart from using Vpower and a drop of Millers (yes, it is better).

Once the conditions are reasonable I’ll have a go and see what it does with launch and without. Trying to hook a cam up to record it too.

At the minute it feels like I’m driving everywhere at tick over :whistle2:

just happened to know the car from bucharest...its a stripped drag car. not really relevant imho for like 99% of use case scenarios...tbh i dont believe that a6/7 platform is a great performer on drags in the first place...if u get a car only for drags, you get the smalles possible car with the biggest possible engine and add power and traction...so in conclusion, a6 platform is more of a car thats used every day, like with 4 seats, ac, trunks, that kindof stuff :) i do have an ultima gtr with 800+ whp, and thats a different story, nobody cares a lot about reliability on such car, but for a6, i see absolutely no value in drag racing stripping it etc...just my sauce here everyone is free to waste his money effort and time the way he wants....

Old thread but since then I've done a few BiTDI's now and can confirm they struggle to make much air flow average appears to be 1300kg/h
This is a facelift version I done with all the deletes, wagner, modified air box etc etc

10.6 for 0 - 100mph (was wheelspining with 4k launch)

Cheers
Bobby

Reactions: Turjake, DonkeyIce, Bishop187 and 2 others
Hi guys!
I went to drag race with my friend to test our a6 bitdi's. We both have avant models, friend -13 (313hp) with 20", wagner competition intercooler, downpipe, dpf delete, rs6 airbox/k&n, remap.
I have -15 (fl 320hp) with 22" just remapped by hatemi. Friend did 12.93/169kmh and my time 12.97/169kmh. The day were very hot, +32c so our both best times came in first run... Also we made a little test with wheels/tires.
I have 22" axe wheels with 255/30 tires, weight 28.2kg and we went low as 225/40/18" (weight unknown). Time were about same but topspeed drops to 166kmh... so... no significant difference. Andris's car
20200824 225744
green one, black one is mine

Reactions: Bulldog