Bit of an issue (injector related)

Sam_

Down under
Reaction score
I removed the injectors tonight to clean them in the ultrasonic bath I bought and on removal the seal holder ring broke up (very brittle), some of which ended up in down in the port of the head (great). I just managed to get all bar a tiny section out but there's still a bit in there. They're very brittle so I'm sure it would break up but it's not ideal to say the least. At least it's not metal I suppose.

Cloud2go_15-08-2011_9_18_PM.jpg

See the section on the left. It looks big in the photo but it's actually quite small. The fourth one was fully intact.

Any ideas on how to get that last bit out? and whether it's likely to be an issue? I was thinking of trying a hoover on there? I'm not even 100% sure it's gone down the head, I certainly can't see it.

A warning to those removing the injectors: watch out the rings on the end can be pretty brittle.

Yeah had the inlet off and just went down and had another look and checked all the valve throats with a mini maglite and its no where to be seen. I wonder if it's been broken for a while. I removed the injectors to do the inlet previously but didn't check them if I am honest.

/me is praying it's fine. The engine looks mint. I'd hate to wreck it due to something like this :(

It's going to be bad enough trying to get the new parts from Bosch I imagine...

I'm guessing this has never happened to anyone else :(

I've heard of peoples injector seals being perrished like that but mine were fine. I dont know what to suggest about what's dropped into the block. I shouldn't think it will cause any damage as it's so small and soft but I'm not expert.

as its a rubber seal my thoughts would be it will perish more and more if dropped into the block and shouldnt cause any issues cheers for the heads up when do mine some time this year with polishing the inlet mainfold ow the joy of hours and hours worth of sanding down to get polished look

Syvo: This isn't the seal itself, it's the little plastic ring that's almost like a "stop" for the seal.

Neil: Yeah, I really think it's either fallen out previously, or fallen out and not gone down the head. I looked so hard and couldn't see anything. I'm pretty sure something so small shouldn't be an issue.

Fingers crossed, touch wood, pray etc, it's fine. I guess I'll find out once I get the new parts from a Bosch dealer in Sydney.

ahh my bad hope it ok i will say it fell out previously if that helps and not gone in the engine

Bosch will sell me the discs for $5 a piece so that's a job for tomorrow when I work from home.