Bit of advice please.

RS3 S.

Reaction score
I have seen a very nice spec RS3 on a 16 plate up for 50 grand. I have an S3 on a 14 plate with every extra other than the pano roof which I would put in px. Against a car of that price I would like around 24000 for mine, do you think I'm being unrealistic at that money? . If so how much cash do you think I should offer to close the deal please?. Don't need any finance or PCP etc.
Thanks guys.

Audi have dumped a large number of RS3's in the UK from the unsold production as there is a face lift A3 out.

So there should be discounts to be had, with dealers you will only get money off the car or an over book for your car or a combo of both, but there is a fixed amount they will discount a car. If the RS3 is with Audi the S3 may have a little more value to them as it is a car they would show rather than auction.

Check with WBAC type sites to find out what you car is actually worth trade and work from there, my friend got 10% of his dealer spec'd RS3 so i would be aiming for 5k off list, or 5k over book for the S3 or a mix of the two that gave 5k

Last edited:
Reactions: RS3 S.
Mine was showing around 22 grand on the auto trader price checking. which means 28 grand cash also. Thought I might be able to squeeze a bit off the asking price?.

Mine was showing around 22 grand on the auto trader price checking. which means 28 grand cash also. Thought I might be able to squeeze a bit off the asking price?.

go chat to the dealer, with that trade price for yours i would be looking at a cost to change of 23k or less to pull the trigger

a lot depends how long they have had the car of course, how much they want to get rid of it and what there monthly target figures are

also how much do you want the car they have :)

I've had multiple dealers offering me RS3's for between 8-9% discount. I'm sure they'll still be a few unregistered available as this was only a few weeks back.

Yeah a heavily optioned car @ £50k should have loads of Dealer mark up in it so 10%+ discount should be do-able for sure.

A nice spec S3 to trade should equally be of interest to them.

Should be makings of a great deal to be done IMO !

Reactions: RS3 S. and Radman
Well spoke to them again & still want £28000 & my car which makes my S3 £22000 !!!.
Told them to do one in no uncertain terms. No way would you get my S3 with the spec it has for 22g. They would have it straight on the forecourt for at least 25,000.

Well spoke to them again & still want £28000 & my car which makes my S3 £22000 !!!.
Told them to do one in no uncertain terms. No way would you get my S3 with the spec it has for 22g. They would have it straight on the forecourt for at least 25,000.

Play the waiting game and see if they contact you again with a more realistic offer ... You'll get a feel then for how much they want to do a deal !

3k margin on your car is reasonable, they have high overheads, money tied up etc, need some wiggle room to discount the buyer etc. They also offer a more secure service and offer finance and support.

The lack of discount on the new car is just a p**s take IMO, but some dealers have zero interest in doing any work or offering any deals, they seam to only be looking for idiots who pay full list, pay the over the top APR on finance and buy all the optional insurances. The Audi dealers I went to where like that so I left the brand.

let dealers know you are not messing about and prepaired to sign then and there, never hesitate to walk out if they are taking the p**s. There are over 100 RS3's on the market today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Play the waiting game and see if they contact you again with a more realistic offer ... You'll get a feel then for how much they want to do a deal !
.....that's what I thought Dave. I'm still very interested in the car as it's just about how I would spek it,but I'm shure they can come down a bit with the price.
Don't know why they have salesman these days as they can't make a decision as it's " I just need to check with my manager".

.....that's what I thought Dave. I'm still very interested in the car as it's just about how I would spek it,but I'm shure they can come down a bit with the price.
Don't know why they have salesman these days as they can't make a decision as it's " I just need to check with my manager".

90% of the time that's just a game, they just want you to sit and sweat and then sign what ever they put in front of you, you can play games with them if you know the key words they look for, they latch on to them lol

Good luck with this, I don't believe Auto Trader prices when I trade my cars in, they're priced in favour of sellers and v few dealers will match the price of Auto Trader. I can't remember the price company Audi use but it's always less than you'd want hence why you have to haggle on both sides of the deal.

If I was you I would sell the S3 privately then walk into a dealership with an unregistered RS3 with a spec you want and tell them you want 9% discount and and you'll sign the dotted line.
It worked for me! ( I actually got 9.5%).

I don't believe you sweetmeister! I want to see photographic evidence of this discount with a signed disclaimer ;)

Reactions: AudiNutta
You need to go to the dealer, laugh in his face, show him your bank balance and then tell him hes a Wan**r.

I can see him offering book price for yours IF the RS3 is heavily discounted, but to offer you book with zero discount on the RS3.....probably the worst deal ever in the history of RS3 deals......

If you want to know the exact CAP prices for your current car, drop me a pm with the reg no, mileage and main extras. I will let you know the exact trade price for your reference.

You need to go to the dealer, laugh in his face, show him your bank balance and then tell him hes a Wan**r.

I can see him offering book price for yours IF the RS3 is heavily discounted, but to offer you book with zero discount on the RS3.....probably the worst deal ever in the history of RS3 deals......

If you want to know the exact CAP prices for your current car, drop me a pm with the reg no, mileage and main extras. I will let you know the exact trade price for your reference.
.........thanks for that. Will pm you for the info on mine please but where is the link to send one please?. Clicked on you details on the left of the page but can't see a pm option?.

.........thanks for that. Will pm you for the info on mine please but where is the link to send one please?. Clicked on you details on the left of the page but can't see a pm option?.

Try the "start a conversation" option.

Send me your details plus an email address and I will email the prices directly to you....be later this afternoon as I have a few chores er indoors has tactfully requested I attend to!!

Go to your own drop down and hit start conversation. Put first few letters of member you want to PM and hit the appropriate name when it pops up.

Try the "start a conversation" option.

Send me your details plus an email address and I will email the prices directly to you....be later this afternoon as I have a few chores er indoors has tactfully requested I attend to!!
Will have to do it tommorow when i get back to work. Home lap top is broke & my tablet wont let me for some reason. But i did see the option earlier when i looked at work just before i came home.

Nice to see you got some positive advice over here on the RS3 section, it's a rare beast these days!

Really sounds like they were trying to do you over there. I know the dealers are getting ***** with pricing with the RS3 stock running out nationwide with the same demand, but like it's been said there are plenty out there unregistered it's just whether it's exactly what you want. Before you get pulled in by their tactics, maybe it's best to spend a few hours on the phone calling around dealers nationwide to see what stock they have coming in towards the end of production with no buyer lined up.

Got yr reply and valuation emailed to you mate!

Its a shame the extras add very little value.