Bit of a shock

joinerman

Reaction score
Sat here feeling sorry for myself, Tuesday night i suddenly felt really ill with a tight painful chest, dizzy faint sweating like crazy, oh called 999 & a paramedic arrived within minuets, he immediately did an ECG which he was concerned with & scanned it on his iphone app to Wexham park hospital who said get me there asap, ambulance arrived within minuets & i was rushed to hospital, straight into theater & the did an angeagram, ****** that hurt, luckily not a full on heart attack but my arteries are furred up a bit & docs have said I've had a warning to change my lifestyle a bit, can't go back to work for a week & even then no heavy lifting which is part of my daily life, got a large hole in my groin & wrist which if i damage will probably kill me as there arteries bunged up, there sore as well, what with the expense of xmas now another week off & tax at the end of the month i'm suddenly struggling, but alive.

Never been in an ambulance before & i don't like travelling backwards at the best of times but i was strapped onto the stretcher & off we wen blues & 2s the works, paramedic plumed me into more equipment & we were travelling at speed when all of a sudden he braked hard locked everything up & we swerved hard one way & started to tip over then hit something which put us back on all four wheels & went into a swerve the other way & some how the driver managed to straighten it up & driver shouted sorry but we have to carry on, the paramedic treating me was thrown onto the top of my oh & both ended up on the floor behind the driver, equipment spilled out of lockers all over me. It turned out the some lowlifes had hurled a wheelie bin into the road in front of the ambulance, driver came and saw me yesterday & apologized but believe me it wasn't necessary.

Scary stuff isn't it. Luckily you know about it now and can change things before it's too late. Sounds easy for me to say sat here typing but best thing you can do is take the advice.

Glad your ok, and now know what you need to do to get back to 100%
As for the kids throwing a wheelie bin out in front of an ambulance. I hope they never need one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@joinerman

Flippin heck mate!!!

Glad to hear you are ok and well still alive really!!

Guess a lifestyle change is on the cards then by the sounds of it, can I ask is your lifestyle particularly bad?? e.g Diet, drinking etc??

I met an old Rasta man the other day and we acknowledged each other and I said Happy New Year to him, he replied with same to you and give thanks for life........

Just made me think that he is right, we need to be thankful for what we have!!

Hope you get well soon.
Nilz

Sat here feeling sorry for myself:

Best start feeling GOOD about it Joinerman, at least you've had the wake-up call and will get the best advice on how to proceed. 2-years ago both me and mine were 100% and then cancer struck us both; my prostate was removed 9-months ago while my wife's situation is ongoing.

So you listen up and take what ever is coming to improve both for yourself and your family; and good luck with it.

Reactions: Nilz
Nilz, i thought my lifestyle wasn't to bad, i try & look after myself, I'm 64 & still pretty fit & agile, 9 stone 10 lbs 5 foot five, don't smoke don't drink, I'm on my feet all day in my work & walk half to a mile each lunchtime purely for exercise, am being started on statins to my disgust, hate taking any form of drugs, they always seem to give me unpleasant side effects

45Bvct, seven years ago i had my prostate re bored out so i could pee again, i was really ill for months after, now i am suffering again with not being able to pee & need the op again, ****** prostates who needs em.

45Bvct, seven years ago i had my prostate re bored out so i could pee again, i was really ill for months after, now i am suffering again with not being able to pee & need the op again, ****** prostates who needs em.

Yep, I understand that. My Doc put me on tablets and that seemingly sorted the 'flow' issue but the biopsy said the tablets weren't good enogh for the long term, and I was then 70; OK, so I don't look it or act it, but there you are. So, my lady ologist said best have it out and so she performed a robotic radical prostatectomy and was home in 36-hours, and that was in May. Got over it very quickly and I was driving 8-weeks post op and changing wheels and brakes over at 10-weeks and 'dry' in 15-weeks; though there are issues remaining I'd rather PM you about. Please PM if I can help...

Wow , furred up arteries near the heart is just one step away from a heart bypass op .

Glad you are doing ok .
How did you end up on the floor if you are strapped onto the trolley .
Did the crew call the police out to try and catch the little darlings ! !

, the paramedic treating me was thrown onto the top of my oh & both ended up on the floor behind the driver,

I don't know if the ambulance crew contacted the rozzers.

ok as long as you weren't hurt .didn't read it properly thought it was you wot landed on floor .
There are some nutters out there to do that