Bit of a project going on

Same as you ;) its very nice quality im very impressed at first glance, post pics later .

glad to hear your getting there buddy. by the time your done there wont be anything left to fix, it will be one very healthy avant. good work lad.

Right the car is back at the garage as the power sterring pump i fitted died and somthing has affected the rack and this is now being overhauled, once back i will take some pics of everything i have done so far :)

Right the thread lives on i need to take some more pics of the new Face lift headlights ive fitted i have also just got myself a set of BBS RC 18s as well at a steel of a price :)
Should have some pics by Monday.

The car is now running very nice it has a jerk at about 3k sometimes which im looking into not sure quite what that is but it now pulls like a train im very pleased with the head rebuild and fitting the K04 was definately the right choice.....

dappadan786 said:
SSSSSWEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT!!!

what year is your car?

howmuch did you pick them up for? i was thinking about going for the angel eyes! might reconsider if these work out cheaper.

thanks mate.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother with the angel eye aftermarket items.

Typically, the halo rings are notorious for early failure. The genuine Audi facelift non-Xenons aren't expensive, I'd rather get them, or not bother at all.

Siena said:
Honestly, I wouldn't bother with the angel eye aftermarket items.

Typically, the halo rings are notorious for early failure. The genuine Audi facelift non-Xenons aren't expensive, I'd rather get them, or not bother at all.

i know! i abondoned that idea ages ago lol! jesus i just read your avator wouldnt be easier to just buy a RS4?

MARKEY! good lad, cant wait for the pics mate of the finished project! mines should be done too started around same time its been fun lol!

dappadan786 said:
i know! i abondoned that idea ages ago lol! jesus i just read your avator wouldnt be easier to just buy a RS4?

MARKEY! good lad, cant wait for the pics mate of the finished project! mines should be done too started around same time its been fun lol!

It wouldn't be a B5 sedan though. Besides, mine's going to be unique as well.

Siena said:
It wouldn't be a B5 sedan though. Besides, mine's going to be unique as well.
lol, nice choice of words! :icon_thumright:

must be costing you a bomb! make sure u get lots of pics!

dappadan786 said:
lol, nice choice of words! :icon_thumright:

must be costing you a bomb! make sure u get lots of pics!

Aye, will post pics. Have got loads right now, mainly of the car as she was before she went under the knife, and ALL parts as they were collected from Ipswich Audi. Not sure about posting them on here, unless there's a dedicated section? Don't want to upset the mods.

Other pictures are being taken by the bodyshop crew, will collect and upload as work progresses.

Highly modified Biturbo V6 and DSY 6-speed tranny is ready to go in, but too ****** cold! That's for spring / summer.

I wanna see some pics of this car siena, sounds like a lot has or is being done. You should start up a thread in the B5 section and include a lot of pics.

Soupie69uk said:
I wanna see some pics of this car siena, sounds like a lot has or is being done. You should start up a thread in the B5 section and include a lot of pics.

Sure. What section should I start the build / project text / pictures? I'm more used to an "ongoing projects" section, doesn't seem to be one here?

Right i have an update and some pics :)

Its dark now so was unable to get som better pics but the car is filthy dirty so maybe its best i keep it dark ;)

New facelift headlights on and working i took an angle grinder to the wings to cut back the excess had it on a slow speed to everything was done smooth and i did not end up cutting through the wing :lol:

You can also see the FMIC i cut all the bumper away as it was getting dark when i was fitting it and could not be ***** to take my time as im getting the RS4 front in the new year.

DSC00597.JPG

DSC00598.JPG

Couple of pics of the engine it needs a clean im very pleased with the powder coat it was a great job and looks ace.

DSC00599.JPG

DSC00600.JPG

And these are the 18" BBS wheels that i got on Saturday, bargin price as well im going to get them refurbed and painted in possibly antrhacite not sure yet.
I might need spacers as they are ET35 which is no problem but i want 235s on the back and 225s on the front or maybe once size bigger on both to make it look nice and fat.

DSC00603.JPG

DSC00604.JPG

There not bad i wanted genuine ones as the replica BBSs are very heavy thats how you can tell if there fake. As you could imagine these are very light which is great for 18s and it all helps keep the rolling mass down.

Love the powdercoating and the wheels.

Will look smart done anthracite!! Why the larger rear tires though?

Also like that fmic, think I better get one of those!! Ha.

Soupie69uk said:
Love the powdercoating and the wheels.

Will look smart done anthracite!! Why the larger rear tires though?

Also like that fmic, think I better get one of those!! Ha.

I want it to look phat from the rear and fill the arches out with some nice wide tyres and they were only £9 more expensive for the 235s.

LOL @ FMIC we have good taste thats all i can say even though i coppied you :lmao:

I would just get the same all round, you wont need more grip at the rear.

If you need them filled out a bit just get some spacers, mine made a big difference to the look of the car.

So whats next after sorting out the wheels?

Coming along nicely Markey, good thing ur car is black thou :)

Can you fit 235s on 8" wide rims? I thought you needed at least 8.5"?

Similar to Markey, I was going to get BBS CH wheels 8x18 ET35 with 225x40s - I thought that was the optimum combination whilst also allowing me to fit big brakes without using spacers?

Regards

N

naefeart_A4 said:
Coming along nicely Markey, good thing ur car is black thou :)

Can you fit 235s on 8" wide rims? I thought you needed at least 8.5"?

Similar to Markey, I was going to get BBS CH wheels 8x18 ET35 with 225x40s - I thought that was the optimum combination whilst also allowing me to fit big brakes without using spacers?

Regards

N

The wheels are 8.5J so i should be able to fit the tyres no problem :rockwoot:

docurley said:
Good work my man and youre running the same rims as me, nice choice.

Cool its difficult to see your wheels in that picture as its quite dark :) did not mean to copy honest :icon_thumright:

Soupie69uk said:
I would just get the same all round, you wont need more grip at the rear.

If you need them filled out a bit just get some spacers, mine made a big difference to the look of the car.

So whats next after sorting out the wheels?

Yeah i know its just the overall look i dont want them to just look wider out from the centre i just want them to look phat in general. :icon_thumright:

They look really nice :) are they 18x8.5 ? if so what tyres you running ?

WOW they are fat i had 255s on the back of my Silvia and they were huge :)

what offset? running spacers? mine are 8x18 ET43 and there is barely room for a credit card between my 245 profile tyres and the hub carrier upright

Just a little update i have been getting some more bits here are some pics.

DSC00607.JPG

DSC00608.JPG

Been buying a few bits for the Audi will post pics of installatoins as and when i do them :)

New air vents with the red lights in the up down bit
DSC00644sm.jpg

New sport steering wheel
DSC00645sm.jpg

Clear Side indicators
DSC00646sm.jpg

Mood lighting which im going to retro fit into the centre light
DSC00647sm.jpg

And my old SPA desings boost and temp gauge which i might wire into the FMIC to monitor intake temps and boost, jut need to find the loom for it.
DSC00648sm.jpg

I've still got my old SPA Design boost / IAT gauge, removed it from my old RS2-engined type 85 CQ, before i sold her.

Siena said:
I've still got my old SPA Design boost / IAT gauge, removed it from my old RS2-engined type 85 CQ, before i sold her.

You wanna sell it ? What colour back light was it ? I cant remember if they are changable. :)

did this make any difference? noticed similar on awesome website

Markey said:
My NewSouth Performance power gasket arrived as well the neighbour just brought it back round. Sweeeeet

[/url]

It appears to when i touch the inlet mani it is much cooler than before until i get it properly tested i can not say for certain.