Bit of a project going on

Not a clue yet im not going to bother for a good 6months or even a year yet i want to get the body and suspension finished first. Ill prob get MRC to do it if i do.. :)

What you been doing to your motor then ?

Yeah I think they are the best people to do it.

I fitted some new discs and pads this morning. Have something else on its way but I may not fit that for a while.

Dude I'm liking that intake manifold ALOT!!!!!

need to wait till next year till my new house is bought :(

Yeah i think it came out nice, its just a standard silver powder coat i did not like the chrome looks as it was just too shiney and would hurt my eyes :)

lol, not much of a chrome fan here either!

i think the place that did the power coating did a top job!

looks the dogs mate!

id defo go with the same color, right now im al spent up on performance mods, the eye candy and interior/exterior mods will came alot later!

Nice one fella this projects been good from day one! its been fun following it!

Where did you ge tit done Markey?? i'm not into the chrome either I've got a carbon fibre engine cover i got from the doc, very nic and chrome would be too much i think

im looking at getting the carbonio CAI! purely cus of the carbon fibre look! goes well with silver lol. :hubbahubba:

Local place to me, he did a very good im really pleased i got mates now that want to get bits done so im taking lots down to him.

hey buty watching with intrest did you find out what stopped the car running after and is the turbo any good or a waste of time

audii said:
hey buty watching with intrest did you find out what stopped the car running after and is the turbo any good or a waste of time

It appears to be the guy that fitted my timing belt has done it incorrecly and it could be a few degrees out as the engine is not keeping compression correctly, fingers corssed it will be back by the weekend. :)

i hope ;) or its a complete rebuild with steel internals....

The news is that the timing seems to be ok, but he can not work out why there is no compression im out of ideas. I dont think it can be related to anything i have changed as i did not touch the block :( any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

bummer mate! sorry to hear that!

is the throttle body part of it all ok? you took it out right? when you took the intake mani off.

what spark plugs did you use?

Yeah i kept everything nice and put it all back correct and i was using those plugs that were mentioned the BR6 or somthing.

weird mate, i tried to get those NGK plugs every kept tellin me its the wrong ones for the car!

i needed a different model number or something.

try you stock plugs that you had in before.

Yeah he has been and nothing changes he recon that the guy that fitted the belt has moved the timing not correctly and has bent a valve.

Markey said:
Yeah he has been and nothing changes he recon that the guy that fitted the belt has moved the timing not correctly and has bent a valve.

sorry to hear that looks like you'll need to break open the block...

Yeah thats what they are doing tomorrow im very gutted as you can imagine :(

Depends how ****** they are if they are gone then possibly replace with stell counterparts to build the car up for another 100,000 miles as i dont want to sell it

hopefully its jsut a couple valves a piston and a rebalance at the most

na ill let them do it now i can not be ***** with it anymore i just want it back and working again, its been too long now with out the car and they could prob do the hole thing in a day, where as it would take me a week in between working and working on house, sleeping and working some more :)

dummi said:
hopefully its jsut a couple valves a piston and a rebalance at the most

Fingers crossed your right i dont think the pistons will be damaged i really hope.

It appears that most of my valves are not closing correctly and causing the loss of compression i should no by the end of today how many should need replacing.

The engine needs 8 new valve on the intake side as there are only 12 i told them to replace all of them as the engine is in bit they may as well.
As i have not had the car for 6 weeks now i just want it back so i have also asked them to change the oil and do the gearbox oil as well.

Keep your eyes out as you may be able to get a better housing than the standard fit.

Right its back and the engine seems to be funning lovely bit more torque i can feel, but the power steering pump that i fitter is now wineing like a bitch and i have not even driver the car more than 3 miles, so think this was a faulty unit.
Very annoying so i am going to see if i can get my money back and get a second hand one from the breakers tomorrow as i need my car back on Monday or im ****** :)

Yeah it had all its fluid in i am getting another pump to see if thats the cause as all there is loads of noise coming from it, im not back on the road quite yet but im getting there......

Right the new pump from Audi has been fitted and it makes no noise and it seems to be running mucho bettero :)
Tomorrow i will be putting the rest of it back together and installing the FMIC so i will post some pics up of what im up to as ive not put any up for a while.