Bit of a problem with Multimedia Steering wheel

Ted Lindsay

Reaction score
So basically, My A3 2.0L TFSI doesn't have a multimedia steering wheel or cruise control at the moment, I want to get get both done, My car is from 2005. Its also a DSG gearbox, with paddles

People are saying that there are different types of part numbers that I need, how do I go about getting these numbers to see if I am compatible ?
Thanks,

T

Hi I have both a cruise control setup and an S Line steering wheel with multimedia controls for sale from an 06 plate car

So basically, My A3 2.0L TFSI doesn't have a multimedia steering wheel or cruise control at the moment, I want to get get both done, My car is from 2005. Its also a DSG gearbox, with paddles

People are saying that there are different types of part numbers that I need, how do I go about getting these numbers to see if I am compatible ?
Thanks,

T
Now if you want the job done professionaly and if you close to these guys @Ash187 or @NHN i am sure they would happily do it for you as there is a lot more to doing it than you think you only need to search the site to see how many people have tried and not succeeded and eventually ask for more help than if they had just got the correct people to do it for them .

parts will fit your car changing the hardware is easy then you need a small amount of coding done using VCDS which if you're near me ill do for free if not im sure there will be some one close by who will do ity for a few beer tokens

Reactions: ch1z64
Interested in the steering too.
Have you got photos and part no in case there's a pass from Ted?

I’ll dig it out tomorrow Max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: maxpayne
Now if you want the job done professionaly and if you close to these guys @Ash187 or @NHN i am sure they would happily do it for you as there is a lot more to doing it than you think you only need to search the site to see how many people have tried and not succeeded and eventually ask for more help than if they had just got the correct people to do it for them .
I'll be fine installing it :) I just need to know which parts I can buy :(

I'll be fine installing it :) I just need to know which parts I can buy :(

Now installing might be simple enough as i have never done it myself but getting it to work with everything else well thats another matter as the forums a full off people who tried ( and respect for doing it ) and many have failed and had to come back to find out how to fix the others bits . My opinion is if it is something that your life has to depend upon i would just pay the professionals but thats only me . Hope it all goes to plan . If you want the part numbers go to the parts request section on here give as much detail about your car as you can and discribe to them what you want to do and i am sure someone will get back to you in a day or two letting you know .

Now installing might be simple enough as i have never done it myself but getting it to work with everything else well thats another matter as the forums a full off people who tried ( and respect for doing it ) and many have failed and had to come back to find out how to fix the others bits . My opinion is if it is something that your life has to depend upon i would just pay the professionals but thats only me . Hope it all goes to plan . If you want the part numbers go to the parts request section on here give as much detail about your car as you can and discribe to them what you want to do and i am sure someone will get back to you in a day or two letting you know .

I know, I also have someone who owns a garage (long time friend) who is helping me:)

Thanks for the info,

I tried the parts request section, but they are saying £710 for a new steering wheel ? I think that's a bit to expensive ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi @Ted Lindsay - does your current steering wheel have the shield shaped centre, I assume it does. Are you 3dr or Sportback?

Take a look at this thread as it mentions airbags and stuff: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/flat-bottom-steering-wheel-retrofit.298209/#post-2871949

Assuming yours is the dual stage then something like this should be ok: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202106481754. It is ££.

Alternatively look at an 8p S3 Wheel such as https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332438597938 then get a new airbag

Sorry, can’t help with specific part numbers.

re reading this thread, the cruise control parts I have will fit, the steering wheel wont as its for a manual not DSG