Bilt hamber or megs ?

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Bilt hamber (soft) clay bar has been given a 5 star rating int autoexpress clay bar test,meguiars has been given 3 stars,and bilt hamber (regular) given 3 stars.

Im claying for the first time,ive been told by friends get meguiars clay kit its easy to use with the detailer lube but after checking reviews found bilt hamber soft is the best,but on bilt hamber site it says go for the regular if your claying the car for the first time.......but the reviews state the regular clay was too hard and struggled to even remove overspray where as the soft version is easier to use and got rid of all crap inc overspray.

In my opinion bilt hamber is better (SOFT) should i buy that,it only needs water as a lube and is a 200g bar.....and megs needs a lube and is 50g bar,will the bilt hamber be easy and safe to use with just water?...........what are your opinions?

2 cars to do one is not bad at all even though its never been clayed the other is tree saped.

i would go for what ever the reveiws says is best , i use soft clay in work and just use water with it , its fine no probs at all some people rave on about using detailing spray but ive always use water and never had an issue plus water is cheaper lol you might just have to use it reularly as it dry quicker for obvious reasons

Ive used both and Bilt Hamber wins, got some of the softer stuff waiting in the garage to be used

Megs was the very first clay bar I used with the detailing spray that comes with their kit and I personally found it much easier to work with and a lot more effective than the Bilt Hamber regular clay used with water as recommended. The Bilt Hamber stuff was very sticky and it had a tendency to break up, when being used. The soft stuff may be better to work with, I know it gets good reviews for sure, but I've not used it myself. I find Sonus poly fine clay the easiest and most effective for me personally and I use Chemical Guys Synthetic QD as clay lube. :)

Paulie

Ive used both and Bilt Hamber wins, got some of the softer stuff waiting in the garage to be used

which one? the regular one......and is it easy to use with water rather than a lube? may go for megs if bilt hamber is not all that

I use the megs clay kit and have been very happy with it. It's really easy to work with and lifted all the contaminants from the paint. Cant see how much better a clay can be really?!

I use the megs clay kit and have been very happy with it. It's really easy to work with and lifted all the contaminants from the paint. Cant see how much better a clay can be really?!
i think some are prob easyer to use than others etc...

which one? the regular one......and is it easy to use with water rather than a lube? may go for megs if bilt hamber is not all that

As far as im aware you can just use it with water. i always use something like a detailing spray