Bilt hamber auto-foam snow foam?

S32B

Reaction score
Making a list of stuff to get/need ;)

So what is the Bilt hamber stuff like and what is the mix ratio in a 1lt bottler/lance?

Also looking at some Carpro hydro2 lite to add on the list.

hyrdo2 is great, i use it on my wheels and a lil' squirt on the exhaust tips in hopes it stops the soot from sticking as much

Reactions: S32B and V6_Man
BH products are brilliant!

For their snow-foam BH state that you should be aiming for minimum of 4% Foam to water hitting the panels.

An example of the mixture can be: fill the foam gun bottle with 1ltr plain water and using the lance with the valve set at maximum take up, discharge it into a large empty container. When the bottle is empty stop and measure the total water in the container.

For every litre measured you will need 40 mlls of product in the bottle before filling up with water for a 4% panel impact rate.

i.e. if your total discharge including the one litre in the bottle is say 12 ltrs, then you need 12 times 40 mls in the bottle = 480 mls and then add water to fill it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Taxboy and DrEskimo
Agree with Tash, big fan of AutoFoam.

Can’t go wrong with much of the BH lineup and is very good value.

Hydro performs well, but be conservative with it. Spray a panel while wet and spread with a wet MF. Then jet wash off immediately. Do it a panel at a time. I sprayed too much all over and found it smeared like crazy and was a real chore to buff off....

Reactions: V6_Man
Marells Detailing (ASN Sponsor) are launching Wasabi car care products very soon and we have a excellent shampoo/snow foam product which we use on all our cars and i have been using it on my cars.
If you are interested please PM me.

fill the foam gun bottle with 1ltr plain water and using the lance with the valve set at maximum take up,
I've never move the +/- wheel, as it works how it' set lol. I assume maximum take up is turning it all the way to + ?

I sprayed too much all over and found it smeared like crazy and was a real chore to buff off....
Thanks for the tip ;)

Marells Detailing (ASN Sponsor) are launching Wasabi car care products very soon and we have a excellent shampoo/snow foam product which we use on all our cars and i have been using it on my cars.
If you are interested please PM me.
Handy for next time mate, got some points to use at Slims this time :)

Who do you use for delivery? That's a big deciding point for me when buying anything at all!

I've never move the +/- wheel, as it works how it' set lol. I assume maximum take up is turning it all the way to + ?

Correct. But if you are happy with your settings then I’ll simply use 50/50 ratio in the lance.

Reactions: S32B
A big thumbs up for BH Autofoam. I’ve been using it for the last 18 months, and really happy with the results. I usually end up going for a ratio between 1:4/1:5.

Reactions: S32B
Used bilt hammer years ago its just about OK for summer months but in the winter no, not a fan of it at all

Also l would use a Sealant rather than a wax or anything else on white paint

@iassyo06, so which winter snow foam and a sealant you would recommend for a white car?

Reactions: Keith Atkins
One thing I would definitely agree with @jassyo06 here is that I have tried wax on mine and CP Reload and the results, the deep shine and beading that CP Reload gave or gives is way better than the wax that I used. But then I have used only Megs NXT Tech Wax 2.0 and not any other. Maybe I need to use Poorboys or one of the obsessions waxes and do a proper comparison.

Thanks for the tip ;)

Handy for next time mate, got some points to use at Slims this time :)

Who do you use for delivery? That's a big deciding point for me when buying anything at all!
Hi S32B
We have not decided on delivery agents yet, which ones do you prefer.
Thanks
Toby

@iassyo06, so which winter snow foam and a sealant you would recommend for a white car?

I had 2 white cars in succession tried all sorts of kit on the first car, then l got a focus ST3 in Frozen White a lovely tone of white may l add, l was recommended to Werkstatt prime then there trigger Sealant, it left some stunning results and it was very durable, the primer cleanses /preps then spray the Sealant Simples, snowfoam well value for money l do like, as some snowfoams are costly, l use Ultimate snowfoam from ultimate finish it's ideal for the winter months, deep cleaning, and if your cars really filthy use it virtually neat.....

I had 2 white cars in succession tried all sorts of kit on the first car, then l got a focus ST3 in Frozen White a lovely tone of white may l add, l was recommended to Werkstatt prime then there trigger Sealant, it left some stunning results and it was very durable, the primer cleanses /preps then spray the Sealant Simples, snowfoam well value for money l do like, as some snowfoams are costly, l use Ultimate snowfoam from ultimate finish it's ideal for the winter months, deep cleaning, and if your cars really filthy use it virtually neat.....

Cheers mate. Mrs. won’t like the new box that will be delivered in few days but who cares

Reactions: Jassyo06
Hi S32B
We have not decided on delivery agents yet, which ones do you prefer.
Thanks
Toby

DPD every single time, I've paid extra at times for things just because they use DPD! If you went for the likes of Yodel I wouldn't even bother if you were doing a buy one get one free offer :D DPD do 1 hour time slots so no waiting in all day!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and SamR92
Cheers mate. Mrs. won’t like the new box that will be delivered in few days but who cares
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
emoji23.png

Slip a nice bottle of vino in the fridge for her that should day sidetrack her somewhat lol

Making a list of stuff to get/need ;)

So what is the Bilt hamber stuff like and what is the mix ratio in a 1lt bottler/lance?

Also looking at some Carpro hydro2 lite to add on the list.
I'm also a big fan of the BH snow foam, although I apply it using a pump sprayer. I know the recommended ratio is 4% but I believe that you can go as high as 8% before it seriously degrades your wax.

I know some people think its watery to apply but its designed to work that way - definitely no shaving foam pictures !

I do like BH products generally. They are very much function over form so no fancy colours or scents. They just work at a fair price

If you haven't seen it head over to Detailing World forum where there is a very detailed review of the snow foam

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, S32B, V6_Man and 1 other person
I'm also a big fan of the BH snow foam, although I apply it using a pump sprayer. I know the recommended ratio is 4% but I believe that you can go as high as 8% before it seriously degrades your wax.

I know some people think its watery to apply but its designed to work that way - definitely no shaving foam pictures !

I do like BH products generally. They are very much function over form so no fancy colours or scents. They just work at a fair price

If you haven't seen it head over to Detailing World forum where there is a very detailed review of the snow foam

I just thought it wasn't that potent for my car during the winter months, great for light cleaning, also the snow foam l use ain't that Xmas picturesque........ But it really does clean the dried on road grit almost off yer car, again a traffic film remover is supposed to be the best for this......yet to try this

I just thought it wasn't that potent for my car during the winter months, great for light cleaning, also the snow foam l use ain't that Xmas picturesque........ But it really does clean the dried on road grit almost off yer car, again a traffic film remover is supposed to be the best for this......yet to try this
A TFR should have more effective cleaning ability but make weaken your LSP more, which I guess makes sense.

This then leads on to the arguments about is it better to remove more dirt but also weaken your LSP or have more LSP left on the car but have to physically remove dirt by contact i.e. with a wash mitt

I don't know the answer to that one !!!

This is BH Autofaom on the Mrs old white A3. Not entirely sure of what was used for previous protection but was nothing high end. Probably just some Hydrophobic snowfoam (which is excellent as a LSP for a for a maintenance wash)..

I usually put about an inch on autofoam in the bottle and fill with hot water. Lance is set to almost full output, turned back about 1/2 turn.

20170214 162129

No washing, just left to dwell as I cleaned the wheels. It had virtually all disappeared by the time I came to pressure wash it.

20170214 162142

Still gave it a 2 bucket wash after this was taken.

Reactions: V6_Man, S32B, scotty76 and 5 others
This is BH Autofaom on the Mrs old white A3. Not entirely sure of what was used for previous protection but was nothing high end. Probably just some Hydrophobic snowfoam (which is excellent as a LSP for a for a maintenance wash)..

I usually put about an inch on autofoam in the bottle and fill with hot water. Lance is set to almost full output, turned back about 1/2 turn.

View attachment 144108

No washing, just left to dwell as I cleaned the wheels. It had virtually all disappeared by the time I came to pressure wash it.

View attachment 144110

Still gave it a 2 bucket wash after this was taken.
wow that's impressive! Still not used mine yet with all the snow and rain we've had, but I'm off now until the 8th January :footy: so plenty of time to try it out ;) If it cleans as well as yours did I'll not touch the car at all with a cloth until the better weather next year :)

BH products are brilliant!

For their snow-foam BH state that you should be aiming for minimum of 4% Foam to water hitting the panels.

An example of the mixture can be: fill the foam gun bottle with 1ltr plain water and using the lance with the valve set at maximum take up, discharge it into a large empty container. When the bottle is empty stop and measure the total water in the container.

For every litre measured you will need 40 mlls of product in the bottle before filling up with water for a 4% panel impact rate.

i.e. if your total discharge including the one litre in the bottle is say 12 ltrs, then you need 12 times 40 mls in the bottle = 480 mls and then add water to fill it.

OK so picking up on this, had a bit of time spare today so I did the above. I first tried it with the dial set to - and the bottle was taking forever to empty, so I filled the bottle up again and moved the dial all the way to + and then did it =

Run one was a bit splashy so I did another one with these result:

1) 13 litres = 13,000ml /100 = 130ml x4 = 520ml of product to use
2) 15 litres = 15,000ml /100 = 150ml x4 = 600ml of product to use

So taking the average from those results would mean I fill the bottle with 560ml of snow foam....does that seem excessive???

OK so picking up on this, had a bit of time spare today so I did the above. I first tried it with the dial set to - and the bottle was taking forever to empty, so I filled the bottle up again and moved the dial all the way to + and then did it =

Run one was a bit splashy so I did another one with these result:

1) 13 litres = 13,000ml /100 = 130ml x4 = 520ml of product to use
2) 15 litres = 15,000ml /100 = 150ml x4 = 600ml of product to use

So taking the average from those results would mean I fill the bottle with 560ml of snow foam....does that seem excessive???

Personally, I have used the exact ratios on a few of occasions when the car was very very dirty. I have my lance set to two below max and mostly use between 300-350ml of snow foam and it works for me. I only use the exact ratios when the car is really filthy. For a general maintenance wash (like weekly or even fortnightly) I have seen as little as 150ml work on my car.

I have my lance set to two below max
Thanks for the reply, when you say 2 below max...have you got a click type dial or something then? Mine is just a wheel that turns to either - or + I've always had it 100% turned to the +.

If I used my mix ratio I'd only get about 10 washes to the 5lt container of foam :D

wow that's impressive! Still not used mine yet with all the snow and rain we've had, but I'm off now until the 8th January :footy: so plenty of time to try it out ;) If it cleans as well as yours did I'll not touch the car at all with a cloth until the better weather next year :)

Not entirely sure.. but I MAY have had a small drop of BH surfex HD in the bottle as well, just to add some extra bite.

It does clean VERY well, but, will still need a 2 bucket wash if you have time. This does exactly what it is supposed to do and get the worst of the cr*p off your car before you touch it with anything. I have often thought of leaving it after that during the worst weather, but I can't help myself and get to giving it a full bath.

Reactions: S32B and V6_Man
Thanks for the reply, when you say 2 below max...have you got a click type dial or something then? Mine is just a wheel that turns to either - or + I've always had it 100% turned to the +.

If I used my mix ratio I'd only get about 10 washes to the 5lt container of foam :D

I have Karcher foam lance as well as ordered one recently from in2detailing. Karcher has the 'click' settings and I have used the other one using the same principle. As I said above, I have tried different combinations and have kind of settled somewhere between 300-350ml. If I recall it correctly the last wash I did was with 250ml snowfoam vs 750ml of water. Worked for me. Like @AUDI_ADDICT although I don't put BH Surfex HD in the bottle, a spray afterwards is a must (for me) as I have found it helpful in removing all the crap. Again, with Surfex HD, I have tried it with different mixing ratios including without any water.

If I was you and the fact that it is winter month wash after all the snow I'd start with 400ml first to and see how it goes with the spray setting below max.

Reactions: Keith Atkins and S32B
OK so managed to have a go today, thought I'd go slightly under the mix I'd calculated and go for 500ml of foam & 500ml of hot water.

This was the car before:

I went around the car with the foam and made sure it was 100% covered, the mix produced not a shaving foam mix, but not a milky mix either...just right! I managed to cover the car and still have enough left for next time!

So on that basis I'll get 2 washes out of 500ml of foam, so 20 washes out of the 5 litres, which isn't that bad £16.96/20 = 84p per wash! :) I'd rather get 20 washes that actually remove the crud, than get 30 washes that leave some of it behind!

So I left it to dwell for 5 mins or so whilst I went around with the detailing brush. Jet washed it off and all the areas in the pictures above were 100% clean! I was going to leave it at that but then noticed on the bonnet a dirty grey look all over (not hand a hand wash for the last couple of washes). So then decided to get the buckets out and hand wash it as well (forgot about the pics at this point :()

As I washed the car I remembered about the Hydro2lite :) So after soaping up and rinsing the car I sprayed the Hydro over it, then got a MF cloth and wiped it over each panel, once I'd done a panel I then went over that area with the jet wash...wow the water ran off it like nothing I've seen before! Once the car had been 100% covered I gave the entire car one last going over with the jet wash, water was just running off it! :) I got the drying towel and it pulled the remaining water clean off leaving a nice dry car...so much easier than normal!

I was surprised how little I used, I almost bought the 5 litre container but I'm glad I didn't for 2 reasons!

1) You don't need much (after doing the car)

2) There is a use by date!!! on the 1lt it's

After a final dry off I was left with a nice clean car :)

Bring on the rain so I can see how it beads lol

Reactions: AUDI_ADDICT, SPIKE_, scotty76 and 1 other person
OK so managed to have a go today, thought I'd go slightly under the mix I'd calculated and go for 500ml of foam & 500ml of hot water.

This was the car before:
View attachment 144467
View attachment 144468

I went around the car with the foam and made sure it was 100% covered, the mix produced not a shaving foam mix, but not a milky mix either...just right! I managed to cover the car and still have enough left for next time!

View attachment 144470

So on that basis I'll get 2 washes out of 500ml of foam, so 20 washes out of the 5 litres, which isn't that bad £16.96/20 = 84p per wash! :) I'd rather get 20 washes that actually remove the crud, than get 30 washes that leave some of it behind!

So I left it to dwell for 5 mins or so whilst I went around with the detailing brush. Jet washed it off and all the areas in the pictures above were 100% clean! I was going to leave it at that but then noticed on the bonnet a dirty grey look all over (not hand a hand wash for the last couple of washes). So then decided to get the buckets out and hand wash it as well (forgot about the pics at this point :()

As I washed the car I remembered about the Hydro2lite :) So after soaping up and rinsing the car I sprayed the Hydro over it, then got a MF cloth and wiped it over each panel, once I'd done a panel I then went over that area with the jet wash...wow the water ran off it like nothing I've seen before! Once the car had been 100% covered I gave the entire car one last going over with the jet wash, water was just running off it! :) I got the drying towel and it pulled the remaining water clean off leaving a nice dry car...so much easier than normal!

I was surprised how little I used, I almost bought the 5 litre container but I'm glad I didn't for 2 reasons!

1) You don't need much (after doing the car)
View attachment 144471

2) There is a use by date!!! on the 1lt it's
View attachment 144472

After a final dry off I was left with a nice clean car :)

View attachment 144473

Bring on the rain so I can see how it beads lol

Nice work buddy. Car looks .

Looking good but slightly surprised it needed so much foam. Used to have Chemical Guys No Touch snow foam. That needed an inch of foam topped up with warm water in the same size bottle you have. I'd use about 2/3 rds to do my S4. Using that the foam lasted me over 2 years.

Reactions: BarryG79
Looking good but slightly surprised it needed so much foam. Used to have Chemical Guys No Touch snow foam. That needed an inch of foam topped up with warm water in the same size bottle you have. I'd use about 2/3 rds to do my S4. Using that the foam lasted me over 2 years.

I’m with you on that, I’ve been using Autobrite which has lasted for 2yrs using the same dilution method as you. Was considering switching to Bilthamber but not if it’s 50/50 dilution.

Reactions: scotty76
I agree with you @scotty76 and @BarryG79. I think 50/50 is kind of an ‘ideal’ use and should be used as a one off when the car is extremely dirty. Personally, I have used less than and have got the desired results. I bought the 5ltr last year and I think I still have half the bottle. And I wash both my cars with it.

Like I suggested to @S32B, maybe further dilute it and I am sure it will work the same even with less diluted ratios as it has with current ratio.

Last edited:
Reactions: scotty76 and BarryG79

I’m with you on that, I’ve been using Autobrite which has lasted for 2yrs using the same dilution method as you. Was considering switching to Bilthamber but not if it’s 50/50 dilution.

4% is what they're commend aiming at, but it all depends on the jetwash you use as to how much you mix!

From Bilt themselves:

You need 4% at the panel not in the detergent bottle. You need to fill your detergent bottle full of plain water. Turn the detergent feed on full then discharge the lance into a container - keep going until the detergent bottle is empty of water. Measure the total amount of water collected. Work out 4% of that - this is the amount of auto-foam you need to use in your bottle.

I agree with you @scotty76 and @BarryG79. I think 50/50 is kind of an ‘ideal’ use and should be used as a one off when the car is extremely dirty. Personally, I have used less than and have got the desired results. I bought the 5ltr last year and I think I still have half the bottle. And I wash both my cars with it.

Like I suggested to @S32B, maybe further dilute it and I am sure it will work the same even with less diluted ratios as it has with current ratio.

Yep next time dropping down a bit and experimenting! ;)

Reactions: gone, scotty76 and V6_Man
No disrespect to your method at all. It's spot on. But inch of snow foam does for most of them. :D

Merry Christmas.

Reactions: BarryG79 and V6_Man
This was BH Autofoam mixed 10:1 taking on 3 weeks of motorway grime.

20171223 113031

Reactions: AUDI_ADDICT, scotty76, S32B and 2 others
Ratio based on the 1lt bottle size or after you tested how much water was used to empty the bottle from full?

10:1 isn't that the American way...water first?

10 Parts water to 1 part BH - mixed in the lance bottle..
Don't know about the 'American way of doing it'? Its just a way of demonstrating dilution where it doesn't rely on knowing the size of the container.

10:1 in a 500ml container will be the same strength as 10:1 in a 500 litre one.

Reactions: paul wev
This works out as roughly 1 inch in the bottom of my foam lance bottle which is why I presume most people will say go with that..

Reactions: scotty76 and BarryG79