Bilstein PSS10 Coilover Questions

willmac

Reaction score
I am just looking for some advice and information on the Bilstein PSS10 Coilover kit ?
I got interested after seeing "DeckedS3"'s car after installing his new BBS 19" CK alloys, so thought I would start a thread to get some feedback from other owners that have gone this route.

I know it is not cheap and is probably for the enthusiast more than the everyday driver, however I will be looking at doing some track time with the car in the future so better to do it right first time.

How much flexibility do you have with the ride height when installing ?
What settings do you normally use for normal road use and how does this compare to standard ?
Have you fitted an H&R anti roll kit also ?
Where would you recommend to buy from ?
And any other relevant feedback you may have.

Will appreciate your time and input to the queries
Cheers

Well, as you know I have the PSS10's.....
I'm currently running with about 20mm on the rear to go and loads on the front.
To adjust them it's a simple twist to your desired setting 1-9.
Now, I've had the KW's before, they are good also but IMO I like the setting fairly stiff, and the KW's were really soft coming from Koni coilovers (despite KW's being koni shocks IIRC, could be wrong there). My KW's also made noises, creaking etc so I decided to give the Bilsteins a go. The settings are just how I like it, day to day I run it @ 5 all round, for a blast I'll stiffen it up front and rear.... Setting 5 is a little stiffer than stock without the dodgy rebound you get on the OEM setup, obviously you can set if softer if you want and setting 9 all round is stiff! You can jump on the side of the car and it doesn't shift.... the rubber on your wheels are basically acting as the suspension on that setting.
Saying this the KW's allows you to to fine tune it a little more, but it's not something I would ever notice and it's likely that I got the settings all wrong on the KW's, to change from track to daily settings is a pain in the bum IMO. the Bilsteins are quick and simple.
My 2 pence worth...

I have been advised exactly the same in relation to the adjustments on the KW3 being a pain, brilliant set up and a nice compliant ride, I'm torn between the 2 at the minute, both quality products, is there much difference in price ?

Thanks DeckedS3,
Some good feedback there. As already mentioned to you in another post, I have bought exact same wheels as you have just fitted so without looking like I am copying you, our train of thought seems to be the same for style of driving etc. So it is good to get your input, as I really like the option of the variable settings.Also the fact that you are not getting any rubbing is great to hear with your set up.
I was tempted when ordering the car to go for the Mag ride and in some ways wish I had. But I think the limitation of having just 2 x settings on the car compared with the 9 on Bilsteins plus being able to lower outweighs the difference in cost.
Can I ask where you purchased your kit from ? Have searched the web and not too many results are coming up to be honest.

Have you tried Bilstein's before N8 ?

No, but I've been in a TT with PSS9s and a TT with V2s, and the V2s get my vote! Plus KW are cheaper, so for me that equals

win_button.jpg

I got mine from AMD, They don't normally stock them but they can get them in. IIRC they did free fitting so worth trying them if you sway towards them.

Me too, I'd like a ride in both KW and Bilstein before I commit, definetly on top of the to do list for me. Ben at AVP recommends KW and said he will charge an hours labour to adjust for track outings, sounds like a plan.