Bilstein B14 Coilovers on S3 8V?

tomhamsyo

Auto Finesse Affiliate
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm after some advice from anyone running some Bilstein B14 Coilovers on an S3 8V. I'd like to know your thoughts on ride quality, and also ride height - any pics would be appreciated.

I'd love to go for B16's but they are out of my budget - I am trying to convince myself I wont regret going for the entry level set up. The car is not a track car, and only used on road so dampening adjustment etc is not essential.

Thanks
Tom

Reactions: slinemfc
I don't think you can really use the term 'entry level' on the B14 kit, one of the best coilovers on the market so I wouldn't worry but they are very handling orientated so fairly firm for everyday road use.

Damian @ DPM Performance

I went with ST XTA, it's manufactured by KW with the same KW damper technology.. It's a lot cheaper than B16 and you get A LOT for what it is, height and rebound adjustment, and even comes with front sway bar end links and chamber top mount! My only reason for the upgrade was because the car is dangerous at higher speed over bumpy road, the rear would just bounced out over uneven surface... Anyway, it's now set to highest setting but it's still like 3/4" lower at least, and it's actually a lot more comfortable than stock. May worth a look into.

I'd love to go for B16's but they are out of my budget - I am trying to convince myself I wont regret going for the entry level setup.

In my opinion, Bilstein should not be just considered as an entry level. I think for its expensive price and the ride quality it provides, it won't be categorized as "entry level" but it upgrades your suspension to the next level.

Had these fitted to mine last week at Awesome

A million percent better than standard set up

Ride quality is better handling is better and mine is set quite low so looks better

I’m struggling to upload a pic as my photo bucket is playing up

If you send me your email I can send you a pic I have

I would recommend these without a doubt and better than my KWv3 I had in my golf R IMO