BIL11 85 (mkII) 2022 RS3 8Y Build

How have you found the ride Billy? I've gone for the exact same set up and purchased the springs and spacers. Once my car is here the plan is to get these fitted at my sons dealership prior to collecting the car, hence other than having driven other 8Y RS3s i wouldn't know any different on mine from a ride/comfort perspective as wouldn't have driven it stock! :thumbs up:
It’s good made, it’s definitely a bit stiffer but that’s to be expected. But I’d definitely say it doesn’t compromise the ride quality. You can feel the difference when you change between performance and comfort so still get the feel of both driving modes.

It's not going to improve the ride quality that’s for sure,

Engineers spend countless hours on both suspension geometry and ride heights etc, every car has what called ''roll centre's'' this is a fixed point in space below the car that it rolls or arcs around when it rolls in a corner, it is this 'point' that dictates where and how much the weight transfers either across, longitudinally, diagonally around the car (asd do springs and anti roll bars)

Dampers also need to be matched to springs, rebound within the damper controls the release of the spring after say hitting a bump or exiting the corner, whilst the compression part of the damper could be seen as assisting the spring, of course in adaptive suspension these settings are also altered to assit the spring dependant on the cars attitude and your inputs.

It is very easy to f**k all this up by messing with springs, height and wheels spacers, wheels spacers will affect roll centre's, and the cars Ackermann principle, I know this lot from countless years engineering race cars, when you take a well set up (Factory settings) performance car it can be very difficult to find any quick improvements...............as an eg in 1991 we raced 2 911 Carrera RS's, straight out of the box they were only just over a second off the pace at Donnington, finding that 1.5 seconds is very time consuming and made the cars terrible on the road :)
You really do have a lot of knowledge eh I don’t think I could have answered that any better/smarter if I was to even copy and paste of google fair play to you sir!

Reactions: Mike.46 and NevMan
It's not going to improve the ride quality that’s for sure,

Engineers spend countless hours on both suspension geometry and ride heights etc, every car has what called ''roll centre's'' this is a fixed point in space below the car that it rolls or arcs around when it rolls in a corner, it is this 'point' that dictates where and how much the weight transfers either across, longitudinally, diagonally around the car (asd do springs and anti roll bars)

Dampers also need to be matched to springs, rebound within the damper controls the release of the spring after say hitting a bump or exiting the corner, whilst the compression part of the damper could be seen as assisting the spring, of course in adaptive suspension these settings are also altered to assit the spring dependant on the cars attitude and your inputs.

It is very easy to f**k all this up by messing with springs, height and wheels spacers, wheels spacers will affect roll centre's, and the cars Ackermann principle, I know this lot from countless years engineering race cars, when you take a well set up (Factory settings) performance car it can be very difficult to find any quick improvements...............as an eg in 1991 we raced 2 911 Carrera RS's, straight out of the box they were only just over a second off the pace at Donnington, finding that 1.5 seconds is very time consuming and made the cars terrible on the road :)
Echo of other comments on your knowledge here - thanks for sharing - and I love that Kawasaki (had KH250-Z650-Z1000 in my day - yes I am that old...). Quite handy (if frustrating) to have a delivery date later this year as many are "fiddling" with bits and developing products that others will review...anyway thanks again...

Reactions: billymc92 and Mike.46
Thanks for the kind words from both of you, it's the same whether cars or bikes, I remember a few years ago I think it was Fast Bikes magazine, they took two identical Kawasaki 636 ZXR's, one they modifed, lighter wheels, different forks and shock absorber/ springs etc etc

They went to Donnogton to see how much faster the modified bike was compared to the standard one and to their surprise they spent all day adjusting/altering the modified bike and at the end of the day they managed to get it as fast around the lap as the standard bike :sadlike:

Thanks for the kind words from both of you, it's the same whether cars or bikes, I remember a few years ago I think it was Fast Bikes magazine, they took two identical Kawasaki 636 ZXR's, one they modifed, lighter wheels, different forks and shock absorber/ springs etc etc

They went to Donnogton to see how much faster the modified bike was compared to the standard one and to their surprise they spent all day adjusting/altering the modified bike and at the end of the day they managed to get it as fast around the lap as the standard bike :sadlike:
I always knew it wouldn’t physically make it any better, but visually it looks much better, that’s always the aim and as long as it doesn’t compromise the ride too much then that’s a win win in my eyes!

Reactions: RS03???, Mike.46 and 5pot
I always knew it wouldn’t physically make it any better, but visually it looks much better, that’s always the aim and as long as it doesn’t compromise the ride too much then that’s a win win in my eyes!
Thats exactly my thoughts Billy. Appreciate @Mike.46 very concise overview and totally agree, but lets be honest the RS3 out of the factory looks like its going to topple over due to the wheels being so far in, and the car being so high!!!!! Mine will be done before i ever drive it, hence i won't know any different.

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, Mike.46, billymc92 and 1 other person
Thats exactly my thoughts Billy. Appreciate @Mike.46 very concise overview and totally agree, but lets be honest the RS3 out of the factory looks like its going to topple over due to the wheels being so far in, and the car being so high!!!!! Mine will be done before i ever drive it, hence i won't know any different.
I'm gonna follow suit and get the springs and spacers fitted soon as I get my car too, whenever that'll be. Maybe a Maxton lip and diffuser aswell.

I'll be going down the MSS adjustable springs route, I think they're affiliated with eibach? Had KW HAS on my FL RS3 and it was pretty average

I'll be going down the MSS adjustable springs route, I think they're affiliated with eibach? Had KW HAS on my FL RS3 and it was pretty average
How so, I was thinking of going for KW HAS.. They did not drop enough or?

How so, I was thinking of going for KW HAS.. They did not drop enough or?
KW HAS 15mm front and 20mm rear. Better off with eibachs. MSS is overrated
194E429C F4CF 4A7C 8CF3 2D081271AC5A

Reactions: billymc92 and Daggerit
9A51587D 01CA 45DA BB7B B77962FD3921

What we thinking then, slightly better wouldn’t you say haha!

Reactions: NevMan, 5pot, Terminator x and 3 others
View attachment 250617
What we thinking then, slightly better wouldn’t you say haha!
Wow, looks soooo much better! Was this a straight swap? No other faffing about needed?
Do you have the part number by any chance?

Just need red vents now... part numbers here if you need em

Tango Red Air vents RHD RS3
8Y2820901A Y3U
8Y2820902A Y3U
8Y2820951A Y3U

I don’t think they disabled anything as they refitted all the other sensors into the new wheel. I do believe there was some modifying to make them fit, it was not a straight swap. Every thing works as it did before and they have remembered the lane assist to remember the last setting so don’t need to turn it off every time.

I do have one light on dash saying SOS, emergency assist not available but not sure what the causing it as every function does work, someone mentioned it might not have the capacitive sensors.

All the work was done by R44 performance and this is a service they provide so will be able to provide you with a wheel and retrim it in anything you fancy. I used a RSQ3 wheel.

Reactions: Sibz156
Wow, looks soooo much better! Was this a straight swap? No other faffing about needed?
Do you have the part number by any chance?

Just need red vents now... part numbers here if you need em

Tango Red Air vents RHD RS3
8Y2820901A Y3U
8Y2820902A Y3U
8Y2820951A Y3U
They are coming soon along with the seatbelts

Reactions: HereWeGo
Nope, that still works
This sounds like a tempting mod I heard the RSQ8 has a similar wheel and it may have the capacitive touch function from an Audi retrofitter but I'm sure either way this would void some kind of warranty

This sounds like a tempting mod I heard the RSQ8 has a similar wheel and it may have the capacitive touch function from an Audi retrofitter but I'm sure either way this would void some kind of warranty
Im Not worried about warranty, but if you are I suggest you just leave it standard

Reactions: Sibz156
I don’t think they disabled anything as they refitted all the other sensors into the new wheel. I do believe there was some modifying to make them fit, it was not a straight swap. Every thing works as it did before and they have remembered the lane assist to remember the last setting so don’t need to turn it off every time.

I do have one light on dash saying SOS, emergency assist not available but not sure what the causing it as every function does work, someone mentioned it might not have the capacitive sensors.

All the work was done by R44 performance and this is a service they provide so will be able to provide you with a wheel and retrim it in anything you fancy. I used a RSQ3 wheel.
Done a scan with vcds?

Noticed over the last couple days that my spacers are actually 15mm on the front and 20mm on the rear, not the 12 and 15 that I though so would explain the running on the rear on some occasions. So will change the rear to 15mm and hopefully will stop the rubbing.

So had the car at crail today and it’s same to say these platforms are absolute madness compared to the 8V chasis. Car got a lot of attention and won every race it had, including a stage 1 RS6 running 690bhp the driver said!

Waiting on the website uploading the drag times but I had been keeping an eye on my draggy box and got a 1/4 time of 11.54 and exit speed of over 120mph as I was asked to put my helmet on. Crail surface is known for being terrible so that is amazing times for there. My stage 2 FL RS3 with 120bhp more only did it 0.5 seconds quicker at 11.02 1/4.

Reactions: NevMan, Terminator x, Keano04 and 4 others
@billymc92 seems Audi have sorted out the LC again as the 8V PFL was insane yet the FL always seemed a softer launch by comparison.

TX.

Reactions: billymc92 and NevMan
That’s me finally got all warning lights off the dash and steering wheel fully functional! Thanks for the heads up @jimbo255

Reactions: NevMan and jimbo255
We’ll finally after over a years wait, the original car I ordered when the books opened last august showed up!

Sportback in Kyalami Green. Looks like I’ll need to start all my mods from square one again, but this time I can carry out more permanent stuff. Few pictures of it being delivered yesterday.

1B9EB541 CB33 4399 BD91 A79377C6AB89
3C14566B 8E40 43AF 8752 E939E9F61D73
AF0B5003 40E4 40BC AC5C 3162BF28E891
84FA75AF 242D 460F 851B 04342D0F9A96
10FF4DEE C71C 45E9 AE03 BE189D2C1AFF

Reactions: FBF01, Pinky1959, Mike.46 and 2 others
Now to find find time to fit all the parts! This car has the Bridgestones so my last set up won’t work on this car. I have changed to the Eibach Pro line so is 5mm higher but still don’t think it will work with 15mm spacers on the rear.

0EE09725 E686 4B5E 98D3 3ACBC4879AB1

DFB206BF 0700 4CE0 AEFD E1903A98FB1C

Reactions: FBF01, RS03???, 5pot and 4 others
We’ll finally after over a years wait, the original car I ordered when the books opened last august showed up!

Sportback in Kyalami Green. Looks like I’ll need to start all my mods from square one again, but this time I can carry out more permanent stuff. Few pictures of it being delivered yesterday.

View attachment 258599View attachment 258600View attachment 258601View attachment 258602View attachment 258603

Cracking colour Billy! Looking forward to your mods

Reactions: billymc92
Now to find find time to fit all the parts! This car has the Bridgestones so my last set up won’t work on this car. I have changed to the Eibach Pro line so is 5mm higher but still don’t think it will work with 15mm spacers on the rear.

View attachment 258604
View attachment 258605

Not worth taking Bridgestones off and either selling or keeping for when you sell, and put some PS4’s on?

Not worth taking Bridgestones off and either selling or keeping for when you sell, and put some PS4’s on?
I always just run them down first mate. Always just a big waste of money to buy brand new tires and then have to sell these ones cheap as not many people are after them. Drift mode will help me

Reactions: NevMan
First couple mods done, RS mats fitted and changed to my FB steering wheel! I’ve got a new retrimmed airbag on the way and getting the silver parts of the wheel painted so will look a lot better!

EC19AD09 8BFA 44AE A17A FC9CAB9DC5E4
87B892FB 5B91 4E66 9CB3 C89176EC19A4
8E07ED8F 1502 4098 A148 86A8DF3FB266

Reactions: kayemill, Pinky1959, Deleted member 160894 and 2 others
I always just run them down first mate. Always just a big waste of money to buy brand new tires and then have to sell these ones cheap as not many people are after them. Drift mode will help me

Fair enough

Reactions: billymc92
Reactions: NevMan, billymc92 and IanL-RS3
****** hell Billy... I thought the Audi parts shortage had struck again when I saw there was no steering wheel :audibash:
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Wouldn’t surprise me to be honest, although what I can’t complain about is my car came with wireless charging

Reactions: NevMan and kayemill
Eventuri stage 3 carbon intake and 4” turbo elbow fitted today. Cars only at 240 miles, you’d think I’d let it get ran in first :tearsofjoy:

43C63400 FD55 41A4 AEA5 374AAA9B2333
432DF4A5 1C86 4B1D A0F7 210BD90A7095
07BD5DB0 5211 4A35 B0E5 BA7A29BB6907

Reactions: NevMan, Pinky1959, FBF01 and 3 others