BIL11 85 (mkII) 2022 RS3 8Y Build

View attachment 247258
This isn’t my backbox but presume they layout will be the exact same,
Interesting that the two sides are not the same, even the quiet outlets have different diameter tubing,

Besides improving flow and a little extra noise to the 'valve' controlled outlets with maybe conneting the 'Y' with perforated tubing direct to the two upper/outer (valve controlled) outlets and therefore keep the valve operation, I would think the easy way out with much less work is just to remove the 'Y' altogether

Reactions: 3vans
Doesn’t look how I expected. Will be interested to hear how he modifies yours and what changes…
That is the 8V back box I think as I've seen that image before few years ago. 8Y may be different? The chap in question won't generally let people see what he chops out as otherwise others can copy him.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and billymc92
That is the 8V back box I think as I've seen that image before few years ago. 8Y may be different? The chap in question won't generally let people see what he chops out as otherwise others can copy him.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
That’s correct, this is a pic from a 8V, but Paul from PCW confirmed they are the exact same on 8Y minus the tips been chopped off.

Reactions: NevMan
So was dyno’d today and I can’t believe the numbers it made! Infinit have asked me to post the numbers at the time being as they may be able to better them and want to get a few things made up first for there social media before this comes out.

I guess being the first “correct” rolling road is quite a big deal on the new platform as big as the RS3

It sounds absolutely phenomenal in the videos and that’s it still standard without the decat and OPS’s removed!

All I’m going to say is, poor RS4 and RS5s :whistle2:

i update my Instagram “billymc92” more frequently and sooner than I do on here so make sure you follow to get quicker updates.

D969A703 25AE 42DF AE77 B6F428A720B7

Reactions: M7, FBF01, kayemill and 5 others
So was dyno’d today and I can’t believe the numbers it made! Infinit have asked me to post the numbers at the time being as they may be able to better them and want to get a few things made up first for there social media before this comes out.

I guess being the first “correct” rolling road is quite a big deal on the new platform as big as the RS3

It sounds absolutely phenomenal in the videos and that’s it still standard without the decat and OPS’s removed!

i update my Instagram “billymc92” more frequently and sooner than I do on here so make sure you follow to get quicker updates.

View attachment 247323
Not sure how accurate Infinit's dyno is but Hamzas OPF car made considerably higher figures compared to non opf cars.

View attachment 247323

F*** infinit, giz the figures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, FBF01 and billymc92
Not sure how accurate Infinit's dyno is but Hamzas OPF car made considerably higher figures compared to non opf cars.
A lot can depend on the type of dyno 'correction' that is applied, Dynojet (On Motorcycles) have one called (from memory) ''DJCHP' thats as well as the SAE, STD, EEC and DIN.

The correction factor on a 'std' ideal day would be '1' and then either side of '1' dependent on ambient conditions of pressure (altitude as well), temperature and Humidity.

With Motorcycles Mr Dynojet got pi**ed off with his 'accurate' dyno always reading lower than his competitors, being honest if two dyno operators were claiming 180hp and 200hp respectively which one would you go to?

So he basiically added a 0.1 into the correction factor to match his competitors, In the Motorcycle world you still see some really chuffed owners proudly showing/posting power curves, but looking at the bottom right you also sometimes still see the 'DJHP correction' which means his 200hp Motorcycle is really about 180hp.

There are that many 'fiddles' that can go on (Yes i've done a fair bit of dyno work :) ) it's a bit of an eye opener, I have seen in the past MR K&* mess around with a kit for hours until he gets a 'fluke' high reading and say ''That''ll do, print that one off and i'm out of here''

Reactions: Waq1 and Daggerit
A lot can depend on the type of dyno 'correction' that is applied, Dynojet (On Motorcycles) have one called (from memory) ''DJCHP' thats as well as the SAE, STD, EEC and DIN.

The correction factor on a 'std' ideal day would be '1' and then either side of '1' dependent on ambient conditions of pressure (altitude as well), temperature and Humidity.

With Motorcycles Mr Dynojet got pi**ed off with his 'accurate' dyno always reading lower than his competitors, being honest if two dyno operators were claiming 180hp and 200hp respectively which one would you go to?

So he basiically added a 0.1 into the correction factor to match his competitors, In the Motorcycle world you still see some really chuffed owners proudly showing/posting power curves, but looking at the bottom right you also sometimes still see the 'DJHP correction' which means his 200hp Motorcycle is really about 180hp.

There are that many 'fiddles' that can go on (Yes i've done a fair bit of dyno work :) ) it's a bit of an eye opener, I have seen in the past MR K&* mess around with a kit for hours until he gets a 'fluke' high reading and say ''That''ll do, print that one off and i'm out of here''

Lol and Infinit never lie or cheat either.

Reactions: FBF01 and Mike.46
Lol and Infinit never lie or cheat either.

Unfortunately Joey Public is more attracted to the higher numbers as he his considered the 'better tuner'' :)

Still, be interesting to see what they reckon, I guess..................Looking at Golf r and adding a cylinder

Golf 8R.....320hp / 4 = 80hp per cylinder x 5 = 400hp, but most Golf 8R seem to be around 340/345 so 340 / 4 = 85 x 5 = 425 or 431 hp using the Golfs 345hp............that's my guess at what the RS3 actually makes :)

Reactions: Jcbmally, billymc92 and NevMan
Unfortunately Joey Public is more attracted to the higher numbers as he his considered the 'better tuner'' :)

Still, be interesting to see what they reckon, I guess..................Looking at Golf r and adding a cylinder

Golf 8R.....320hp / 4 = 80hp per cylinder x 5 = 400hp, but most Golf 8R seem to be around 340/345 so 340 / 4 = 85 x 5 = 425 hp............that's my guess at what the RS3 actually makes :)

Lol man maths at its finest.

Maybe a job at Infinit awaits

Reactions: M7, Jcbmally, billymc92 and 2 others
I was thinking around the 430 mark as well. Any higher and it really would be getting shown up by the A45 with a cylinder less and apparently heavier. :/

Reactions: Jcbmally
It made 414bhp/477nm on stock map WITH a decat and intercooler

Reactions: Waq1, Jcbmally and billymc92
It made 414bhp/477nm on stock map WITH a decat and intercooler

I imagine the decat will have significantly helped those higher figures to be honest, even without a remap.

Reactions: Jcbmally and 5pot
I imagine the decat will have significantly helped those higher figures to be honest, even without a remap.

Infinit have the MAHA dyno as do Litchfield, they’re like the Rolls Royce of dynos lol

Reactions: Waq1 and NevMan
Infinit have the MAHA dyno as do Litchfield, they’re like the Rolls Royce of dynos lol
That’s exactly what I thought lol, didn’t want to sound like I was just being biased as it’s my car on it so of course i would try and claim the highest BHP.

At higher speeds the car shifts 90% power to front wheels and 10% to the rear, of course the MAHA being the better dyno it could prepare for this, this is what went wrong on evolves/eventuris dyno, hence it “moved around on dyno” causing the peak spikes and the graph to come out like a rollercoaster

Reactions: NevMan and 5pot
That’s exactly what I thought lol, didn’t want to sound like I was just being biased as it’s my car on it so of course i would try and claim the highest BHP.

At higher speeds the car shifts 90% power to front wheels and 10% to the rear, of course the MAHA being the better dyno it could prepare for this, this is what went wrong on evolves/eventuris dyno, hence it “moved around on dyno” causing the peak spikes and the graph to come out like a rollercoaster

For anyone who hasn’t seen it, watch the Officially gassed podcast with Nabz from NVM. It will blow your mind with dyno knowledge, there’s even a shorter clip specifically on the dyno stuff.

Takeaways -

4wd linked dyno is best, which I assume this is, the one evolve used wasn’t, hence the spikey graph.

This is also on single rollers which is better, I’m sure something about less, friction, drag, wheel spin etc. Can’t remember if the evolve one was or not.

Reactions: 5pot and Waq1
Mats have arrived from Autostyle. Not seen them in person yet but these pictures sent to me they look good enough quality.

1st step on the “home made interior design pack” done

5fa26df5a1b588ee93f2ab3ed52c12cb.jpg

84b136746d55356bf2f2c30411c68dd2.jpg

8231e6807b8cf6e05e5c8e1ed440759a.jpg

100c42089738dd4bef819f12332d3c59.jpg

3228c4a3a2949c7a5dce70c1a40030f3.jpg

Reactions: 5pot, Snake Pliskin and NevMan
For anyone who hasn’t seen it, watch the Officially gassed podcast with Nabz from NVM. It will blow your mind with dyno knowledge, there’s even a shorter clip specifically on the dyno stuff.

Takeaways -

4wd linked dyno is best, which I assume this is, the one evolve used wasn’t, hence the spikey graph.

This is also on single rollers which is better, I’m sure something about less, friction, drag, wheel spin etc. Can’t remember if the evolve one was or not.

It was double rollers, ie two contact patches.

Only had my previous cars on a mustangs dyno - aka the heartbreaker… many a £ was spent chasing numbers.

Mats have arrived from Autostyle. Not seen them in person yet but these pictures sent to me they look good enough quality.

1st step on the “home made interior design pack” done

5fa26df5a1b588ee93f2ab3ed52c12cb.jpg

84b136746d55356bf2f2c30411c68dd2.jpg

8231e6807b8cf6e05e5c8e1ed440759a.jpg

100c42089738dd4bef819f12332d3c59.jpg

3228c4a3a2949c7a5dce70c1a40030f3.jpg

Mine are ordered too.

Reactions: billymc92 and Snake Pliskin
So are we are defo ok to order the 8v mats yes guys ?

Yes mate, but us mentioned above there would be blank holes in rear mats. Are you not fancying the ones from Autostyle

cheers ... yeah the auto style are absolutely fine & I always get a set - I just wanted to check the fitment.

ive just gotta decide if I go contrast red stitching as you have done or if I go a contrast dark grey edge piping to match Daytona

cheers ... yeah the auto style are absolutely fine & I always get a set - I just wanted to check the fitment.

ive just gotta decide if I go contrast red stitching as you have done or if I go a contrast dark grey edge piping to match Daytona
I've emailed them 2 days ago but no reply. I'll call them later and get 2 sets ordered. How much and how long to arrive as 2nd set is for my son

Well autostyle hve the correct mats up actually. You pick the A3 saloon and sportback 2020+. This is the 8Y model so it is indeed actually the correct fitment with the pin holes in right place

It’s a tough one, but member your RS logo had red in it so that red piping stitching goes good with that

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I've emailed them 2 days ago but no reply. I'll call them later and get 2 sets ordered. How much and how long to arrive as 2nd set is for my son
My mats where £70 as paid a extra £10 to get logo on rear mats too and was £7 delivery, I ordered on 2nd so took exactly as long as they estimated it would, 14days.
Might take yourself a bit longer due to it being over the festive period.

I myself was in contact over email prior to ordering, they where pretty rapid and on the ball actually, maybe just a bit busier now, I’m sure they will reply shortly.

View attachment 247323

Can't wait to hear the video of how it sounds. What did they do differently from Paul at PCW?

Reactions: billymc92
Lol I love how so many of you are crazy about the floor mats!

No number of floor mats will change the lack of design package on the inside; and who looks at the mats? Honestly.

It’s the wheel and dash and seats (maybe thats prohibitively expensive) that need doing.

Well autostyle hve the correct mats up actually. You pick the A3 saloon and sportback 2020+. This is the 8Y model so it is indeed actually the correct fitment with the pin holes in right place

It’s a tough one, but member your RS logo had red in it so that red piping stitching goes good with that

Ah cool thanks.
You gonna give us a photo of the mats in your car :icon thumright:

My mats where £70 as paid a extra £10 to get logo on rear mats too and was £7 delivery, I ordered on 2nd so took exactly as long as they estimated it would, 14days.
Might take yourself a bit longer due to it being over the festive period.

I myself was in contact over email prior to ordering, they where pretty rapid and on the ball actually, maybe just a bit busier now, I’m sure they will reply shortly.
Ordered 2 sets today for me and my son! I sent your Pic to them so they will replicate exactly. £70 per set and £7 delivery. Will receive in the new year, but not like i'm in a hurry to get them in the car!!!! LOL

Can't wait to hear the video of how it sounds. What did they do differently from Paul at PCW?
Nothing at the moment mate, I just mean as it’s on a rolling road and we’re getting to hear the car at full chat, instead of only reving up to the 4K soft limiter.

I will however soon have it decatted and OPFs off so I think that will be crazy lol

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin, WilsonRS and 1 other person

No number of floor mats will change the lack of design package on the inside; and who looks at the mats? Honestly.

It’s the wheel and dash and seats (maybe thats prohibitively expensive) that need doing.
Mr 8 pots, don’t bring your negativity here pal. It certainly will be a big deal when they are all added together and you hve all or the majority of the interior design pack that was a “huge” deal that it was not included to the UK market

Reactions: NevMan, CarterRS and Anyname
Nothing at the moment mate, I just mean as it’s on a rolling road and we’re getting to hear the car at full chat, instead of only reving up to the 4K soft limiter.

I will however soon have it decatted and OPFs off so I think that will be crazy lol

Will it not error out and cause fuelling issues without the cats and OPF? Since you can’t map them out yet?

Reactions: billymc92

All in time - I've the list compiled for all interior mods necessary to match the European spec. Just waiting on my son to beat up the parts manager for best discount. If iits anything like the discount i got for the car, then Happy Days!!!! LOL
Looking at costs for modded seat covers etc with red stitching. Got a few good guys i know and they have said that its "possible" to overstitch the existing areas in red. We shall see, but at least things are in motion with no pressure on anything :)

Reactions: Ross1 and Snake Pliskin
Will it not error out and cause fuelling issues without the cats and OPF? Since you can’t map them out yet?

Nope, they have a bypass device that they use and used it on other RS cars that had ECUs locked to stop it throwing up any fault codes.

Reactions: Mike.46 and Daggerit