Facelift BIL11 85 Audi RS3 Build

I saw something on Iroz Motorsports in the US saying that the second rattle you're referring to is actually the turbo wastegate and not a rattle of some kind in the exhaust from the valves or anything else like we all thought even though it sounds like it and the only way to solve the issue is by upgrading the turbo and in turn, the wastegate.

According to Iroz you can try a little trick to be sure that it is the wastegate which requires a cheap hand vacuum pump and force the wastegate closed at idle and 'blip' the throttle and the rattle shouldn't be present. I'm not sure how or where you'd attach the pump but its worth a shot for the technical guys out there and give us a solution in terms of a fix :rockwoot:
It is the waste-gate but so far no one has come up with a solution. Someone did suggest to shorten the actuator rod however apparently this will create some turbo lag and haven't seen any evidence of this working.

There’s 2 different rattles people talk a lot about on here.

The first one is not a fault, although it sounds like a fault and sounds broke it’s just present for the first 20 seconds of cold start. It’s the warm up phase for the cats. A simple solution for this is start it in dynamic and you no longer get it. Since my car no longer has any cats as I have a Downpipe there is no need for me to have a cold start as there is no cats to warm up so my tuner mapped this out.

The 2nd I and most other people talk about is the decat rattle. If your car is standard you will not have this rattle. It happens with any decat fitted so far (milltek, scorpion, OEM gutted cat proven so far) is present when every you are under load (accelerating) at low revs. (Most noticeable in reverse). There is loads of different things people say this could be but no one really has a 100% idea and no fix seems to be available yet.
I've got both rattles in mine and it's standard, the first was expected but every now and then I can hear the second rattle at low revs and when reversing.

I've got both rattles in mine and it's standard, the first was expected but every now and then I can hear the second rattle at low revs and when reversing.
Yeah you can hear it in the standard exhaust system if you have good hearing.

Love the videos and the car ....

Did this have the sport exhaust when new?

What's the setup now besides catless?

Sent from my DEVICE using Tapacar

Love the videos and the car ....

Did this have the sport exhaust when new?

What's the setup now besides catless?

Sent from my DEVICE using Tapacar

No mate just the standard as I always planned on going down aftermarket route.

It’s MRC Stage 2 with full milltek exhaust

Reactions: miltybilty
So was back at crail today and managed to beat my previous time of 11.6 due to it not being as busy and a few handy tips from @Leo-RS. Also since last drag strip day I’ve had Milltek catback fitted, MSS track kit and the new wheels and managed to shed 0.5 of a second off my time.

Best time today was a 11.117 @126.1

Had a passenger most times apart from 4th run and my last 2 runs.

Today it was 23 degrees so if it was cooler temps for car and one of my front tires is literally just on its legal limits for tread.
On a cooler day and with fresh rubber I reckon I could hit the 10s.

Just need to keep at it I guess.

F5071C73 52A2 4D93 86DE 0DF15B5EB1D2

Reactions: 3SR, NevMan, Callum66 and 2 others
Great time Billy, 11.1 @ 126mph on 99 fuel in the summer is good going.

10.9x will come in around October when temps are 10-15c

Launched very well too on road tyres, anything below 1.70 60ft is hooking up great. You may even shave a little bit more off with fresh PS4’s.

Well done though, last 2 runs (without passenger) were great.

Reactions: AB RS3, NevMan, D0C and 2 others
Ok so as promised. Most of yours are wanting to know the difference between the milltek non resonated catback and the PCW modded Exhaust.

If you don’t know why I took the milltek off it was because of **** build/fitting and it melted the hell out of my diffuser round the tips. Until I got my standard exhaust put back on I did not actually realise how much bigger the miltek tips were making it so close to the diffuser and the movement allowing it to touch and melt.

a5eded8ad3c7168a2cd7a4ee531a229a.jpg
31cba8c07a5db9513c07503595ed0255.jpg

So as it stands I still have the miltek downpipe fitted which I am happy about so the only other change is the backbox.

After Paul from PCW told me once modded there’s no difference between the standard exhaust which I have and the sports exhaust so I didn’t bother buying one.

First difference I noticed was how much smaller the tips are. I can get 2 fingers round my exhaust in between the diffuser where as the miltek tips I could only get part of my finger in up to the nail (probably why the melting was so bad)

So first start up being cold it was so much quieter. I was pretty worried at this point as I like it to be loud. But once it warmed up I couldn’t believe it. Don’t get me wrong it was not as loud as the miltek but did it sound better? Absolutely yes!! Miltek (and I believe I was told scorpion too) when it changes gear and is sitting at around 3k revs used to get such a bad drone for a couple seconds until the revs picked up of that mark. The note is absolutely perfect. The pops and bangs are still present very frequently if not more than before with a good few gunshots added in aswell. And Ofcourse if you want to chill/ have a nice peaceful drive/have family in the car you just flick it back to comfort and you can not even hear the exhaust. Best of both worlds. Exactly what I asked Paul to do and he certainly worked his magic.

So Paul only charges £300 for this mod and the miltek back box cost me £1550 (that’s with 15%off). If both were £1500 would I still chose the PCW modded Exhaust over the miltek? Same again. Absolutely YES!

Here’s a few pictures of the work you can see Paul has carried out.

d2838c0a042a1a09d3d4945a6eef8bda.jpg
274c59f1f250e7b988cdbf23acded30d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JamesCrs3, dno_uk, NevMan and 4 others
One thing I'm wondering is, will doing this mod effect a PCP at all? Like when you give your car back, will they notice the change?

Unless they drop the exhaust they won't see the welds. Everything looks to be hidden :icon thumright:

Reactions: AudiNutta and NevMan
One thing I'm wondering is, will doing this mod effect a PCP at all? Like when you give your car back, will they notice the change?

As above, nothing to be seen and plus if you hand an RS back to the finance company at the end of an agreement because unless it’s thrashed to within an inch of its life it should always be worth more than the GFV figure, sold on its own or handed in PX. I’ve had 3 cars on PCP, never got to end of term and never handed back to the finance company always PX’ed in. The plan with the RS3 is to keep it at the end to reduce costs for moving out, so I will pay the GFV by whatever means.

Reactions: NevMan and FBF01

Not to sure bud, never looked into the PCP before, but as the boys said above. Welds are on top of exhaust and won’t see it unless exhaust is tooking off

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan
Not to sure bud, never looked into the PCP before, but as the boys said above. Welds are on top of exhaust and won’t see it unless exhaust is tooking off

Did you go down to England for this or through to Glasgow when he was up?

Messaged him and hope to have my name in the ring when he’s up next time.

Did you go down to England for this or through to Glasgow when he was up?

Messaged him and hope to have my name in the ring when he’s up next time.

Got the exhaust delivered to him as I still had my miltek on. And then cost me nothing to fit back to my car as miltek was fitting the bill to get there system removed and returned to them for a full refund

Reactions: NevMan and FBF01
Cool so just the sports exhaust plus this mod should sound good for a reasonable cost.

Latest play seen the ara blue disappear. Few carbon goodies too I’ll get more pictures of tomorrow

cdcfa5e30b8c9e98302ec42c5558452d.jpg

7cf0895287ec18b07df5d2b9b13fa855.jpg

5c092a95dfcce9609c84736be8a1da27.jpg

24e2ca2266692fde20cd8b7a6102410c.jpg

28083116dc676822397f5f0771e4cd77.jpg

fda0be53f35957148f7fa09814d29115.jpg

a987a970087bd3afc55fec029b9a82c8.jpg

Reactions: billyali86, Pinky1959, Kristijan Sabljar and 6 others
Brave move mate :icon thumright: 100% won’t see another around in the new colour anyway haha

Reactions: NevMan and billymc92
What carbon goodies have you got fitted? Be good to see a few closeups

Nooo don’t go any darker... I think you lose the alloys style and edges when they are too dark... they look spot on to me :icon thumright:

Reactions: AudiNutta
Where’d you get the diffuser from mate? and dare I ask how much?

Finally round to my first service today and followed by a wash. 10300 miles and been fault free from Audi’s and MRC’s side.

6cb71e3f8a1e2af227ef5c6db9a9a382.jpg

9258065ab45acdb4ad7b853c1dc8b68b.jpg

Reactions: Kristijan Sabljar, FBF01, Phil3 and 3 others
Finally round to my first service today and followed by a wash. 10300 miles and been fault free from Audi’s and MRC’s side.

6cb71e3f8a1e2af227ef5c6db9a9a382.jpg

9258065ab45acdb4ad7b853c1dc8b68b.jpg

Did you get the motor serviced at Audi?

Still not seen you on the road yet. Wouldn’t miss you anyway ha

Really taking shape mate, great build so far !

colour looks bang on :icon thumright:

Reactions: billymc92
Your car looks wicked!

Any reason why you didn't choose Audi for the service, if you don't mind me asking?
Avoid a TD1 flag ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and billymc92
@billymc92 you alright mate, had a quick question for you, I've got the same car same setup as you, went for the milltek catback and suffered exactly the same ******** u went through with the lost exhaust bolt and burnt diffuser. Milltek just told me it was either a factory fault because it was audis bolt or it was incorrectly installed. Is there any advice you could give having experienced this yourself with milltek in terms of a refund on the catback?
Thanks and you've a beautiful car

@billymc92 you alright mate, had a quick question for you, I've got the same car same setup as you, went for the milltek catback and suffered exactly the same ******** u went through with the lost exhaust bolt and burnt diffuser. Milltek just told me it was either a factory fault because it was audis bolt or it was incorrectly installed. Is there any advice you could give having experienced this yourself with milltek in terms of a refund on the catback?
Thanks and you've a beautiful car

Sorry mate it wasn’t me

Would anyone be interested in a full carbon eventuri intake for the FL RS3?
Been on my car for roughly 8000 miles? Purchased Feb 18

Slight rubbing mark on underside which cant be seen unless the intake is off car so can never be seen. No other issues and works perfect and no other scratches or marks.

RRP £1600 so make me a sensible offer.

PM for any more info or send me a whats app or iMessage.
Can forward videos of the sound this thing makes.

Cheers

How come you're selling?

A friend of mine had a 4” tube prototype Eventuri upgrade kit made. But has now had a new prototype type made for running his stage 3 so I’m buying it off him. Basically just upgrading my kit.