Facelift BIL11 85 Audi RS3 Build

If that's Dave Henderson then he may well not be pushing his new car to it's maximum potential yet. I have a feeling he will be posting 10's in the not too distant. I'd like the Eventuri to be making a big difference but I doubt this is reason for the 0.5 second discrepancy.

Yeah it is. He has a TTE625 coming for it so he will be getting better than 10s

Yeah it is. He has a TTE625 coming for it so he will be getting better than 10s

It's certainly one to watch. I'm keen to know if Dave looses any of the bottom end in fitting the 625. Simon at TTE doesn't think he'll loose torque at the bottom end. I'm still sceptical but that's probably just a consequence of age and irrelevant experience.

Nah, you’ll need more than a TTE to go higher than 10’s.

Dragy is just a useful indication also, it’s not a substitute for a proper dragstrip run or record. It’s also open to abuse, strap it into another car or a motorbike etc. There’s no abuse on a level playing field on a verified dragstrip and with a timeslip though.

Your powerplot of 510ps is low and so was your only recorded drag strip run at 11.6. 510ps is only 503bhp. Some tuners in Europe are getting 530bhp.

JBS posted a couple of weeks ago at 525hp from a baseline 404hp on Stage 2 without an intake.

Daves car with a 625 on it will run low to mid 10’s at 135ish. To go into 9’s probably looking at 750bhp minimum with 140mph+. None of the big turbo Iroz cars have cracked the 9’s yet and are running E85 at 800bhp

Hybrids aren’t great either, they run hard and very hot, TTE625 will put more strain on the engine than a BT 750-800hp conversion. The big turbo will run cooler and safer (as long as torque is protected) Hybrids are a half way house but a few more options are now coming on the market.

Reactions: millsy75 and Callum66
And no, half a second type gains on a 1/4m come from a remap type increase. Intake (if it works well) maybe a tenth if you’re lucky.

So found this car in the leaderboards on dragy.
Considering everyone saying a aftermarket intake is not any better than the stock one my times are a bit quicker. As you can see we pretty much have same mods apart from I have a Eventuri intake and he has stock. He even has the sports exhaust and the better intercooler.

3b582cb97c688e195f069238383c1acb.jpg

6986b9c24e494bf4325bd9f4eec34576.jpg

750ab57c3a81d1ecdfbbd5b65a09ac99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What 60-100mph times are you getting compared dave Henderson’s rs3 ?

What have you managed to sort with your alloys @billymc92 ? Or not had a chance yet?

Funny you should ask. I was going to update this post at some point today.

I returned from offshore yesterday and the 2 damaged wheels have been refurbed and I’ve now been giving 7mm spacers for the front (instead of the 5mm that rubbed)

I bolted them to the car yesterday without a tire to see how they look and if they clear the calliper.
ae6918b40b8a94da0f843e23152fa6a5.jpg

279ba0c77dada421cc819fd79deeeafe.jpg

e0c20f4dbc2a0db99c5ff210c6e13845.jpg
47a1c164cdfcee7656c0165c3d7d761a.jpg

And for everyone else that was curious about the exhaust, mainly @AudiNutta haha. It’s now arrived at my dealer. After many b1tchy little emails to milltek complaining about how long it’s taking and how the only reason I choose them was because they were the first to offer a backbox for this car and now due to them taking so long other companies were starting to release them I said if it was going to be any longer I’d cancel and go elsewhere they have included both tips for me. Chrome and black so will be good to try both on and can change it up. Could even get pictures of both to help others decide on what finish to get.

So basically I’m getting my wheels and exhaust fitted by Autohaus Edinburgh on Thursday. Unfortunately that’s the soonest they could do it so I’m just going to have to be patient that little bit longer.

Reactions: jimojameso, Kristijan Sabljar, AudiNutta and 1 other person
look forward to seeing the pics, and hearing the exhaust :hubbahubba:

Reactions: billymc92

I returned from offshore yesterday and the 2 damaged wheels have been refurbed and I’ve now been giving 7mm spacers for the front (instead of the 5mm that rubbed)

I bolted them to the car yesterday without a tire to see how they look and if they clear the calliper.

And for everyone else that was curious about the exhaust, mainly @AudiNutta haha. It’s now arrived at my dealer. After many b1tchy little emails to milltek complaining about how long it’s taking and how the only reason I choose them was because they were the first to offer a backbox for this car and now due to them taking so long other companies were starting to release them I said if it was going to be any longer I’d cancel and go elsewhere they have included both tips for me. Chrome and black so will be good to try both on and can change it up. Could even get pictures of both to help others decide on what finish to get.

So basically I’m getting my wheels and exhaust fitted by Autohaus Edinburgh on Thursday. Unfortunately that’s the soonest they could do it so I’m just going to have to be patient that little bit longer.

Thanks for the update!

Would be cool to see both tips. I’m looking at a PFL Sports Exhaust now though, not convinced how good the Milltek will sound.

I can’t really tell off of yours because it’s a decat.

Waiting for sound so i know for order and sellin my AUDI SPORT one ahhahahah

Today I went out and bought a suction cup so I could get some videos of the exhaust getting fitted tomorrow so decided to get a few clips today with the standard exhaust on so we can have a few comparisons.

https://youtu.be/uFTdjVf90Ss

Reactions: NevMan
So here it is. Im not going to give my opinion of it at the moment as ive not had a long enough drive to be able to give use a quick review. Hopefully ill get out tomorrow to try it. The Go Pro was not playing ball as each video kept freezing at around 6 seconds so maybe the SD card is full but ive took a couple on my phone. Not the best sound comparison but gives use a rough idea.

All im going to say is that its that loud im in a 50/50 mind weather to put my old exhaust back on! The most disappointing thing is that the constant tick/rattle that I had is still here. A new back box has not cured this issue.

Reactions: RS4B5, oli356, jimojameso and 2 others
Sounds very nice. I take it you have the valved system? Perhaps that's where there rattle is coming from?

I think that's sounding great! Much more PFL like. I'd keep it like that, Billy. I assume you can always switch to comfort to quieten it down if needed.

So here it is. Im not going to give my opinion of it at the moment as ive not had a long enough drive to be able to give use a quick review. Hopefully ill get out tomorrow to try it. The Go Pro was not playing ball as each video kept freezing at around 6 seconds so maybe the SD card is full but ive took a couple on my phone. Not the best sound comparison but gives use a rough idea.

All im going to say is that its that loud im in a 50/50 mind weather to put my old exhaust back on! The most disappointing thing is that the constant tick/rattle that I had is still here. A new back box has not cured this issue.

I like the sound but would be a tad too much for me as a daily, can just imagine pulling out of the work car park and security chasing me...

I love the sound :)

If is too much u can always buy resonated section

Looking good mate. Glad you got your wheels sorted in the end. What a nightmare :)

Loud exhausts soon get on your tits (and everyone else’s tits) when the novelty wears off. Even the pops and crackles soon get annoying. Perhaps just an age thing but I always find myself quietening the noise down when going into the works car park, or picking my son up from football, picking the missus up from work etc, it draws too much attention and people who are not really into cars just think “knob”

Was following a Megane RS through a tunnel yesterday and he was off and on the accelerator for no reason other than to just create a pop and a bang. I thought it sounded sh*t if I was being honest and reminded me of the Saxo’s and Nova’s of the 90’s.

Is the pop and crackle of 2018 the new wooshy dumpvalve of 2000? It’s certainly going that way.

Back to Billy’s exhaust, it sounds nice in the video but suspect his phone probably doesn’t pick up how loud it really is.

For me, I would have opted for the resonated cat back due to the catless downpipe. If I was on the standard downpipe and it was just the catback I would then opt for the non resonated. To go full non res and full decat it’s always going to be at 100% volume.

Tried the catless downpipes and non resonated Milltek on my RS6 and it was ridiculously loud, embarrassingly loud in fact that I soon swapped the catback for the resonated version and that hit the sweet spot.

In this car I’m just going to go big bore catless downpipe with the factory sports exhaust. Think that will hit the sweet spot.

Word of warning, on certain tracks and airfields (if you do plan on tracking your car) there are noise limitations so if the exhaust is too loud, you’ll soon be asked to leave.

Last edited:
Reactions: AB RS3, millsy75, billymc92 and 4 others
So managed to get a few short videos today with the go pro. Its playing up for some reason and videos keep ending themselves like its running out of memory but ive already emptied the SD card.

Noticed at 21 seconds that its popping flames. Would be good to get a video from a car following it.

Last edited:
Reactions: elton121272, Kristijan Sabljar and DW81
A few more tweaks bill and you will have the car sounding like us PFL boys:tearsofjoy:

No seriously the FL sounds great to start with, now yours sounds insane, glad to hear you finally got there with how you wanted it mate.

Yes now its even more like a PFL exhaust. Just needs to do the big bang more often.

I hate being the ****** Guinea pig. Found fault number 1 with the milltek exhaust.

Ohhhhh she hot :boom::boom:

0352ADC1 7099 4BE8 9445 D0EC1C81630A
F37AF15D DAD8 4EDB A6CC 15759CF6DDBF

Reactions: AudiNutta
Wow that is sitting way too close to the diffuser.

Maybe thats why the stock tips have a good amount of gap there.

You’re having no luck at all make... are you getting in touch with Milltek and the garage that fitted it to come to a solution?

Was the fitter a Milltek approved one?

You’re having no luck at all make... are you getting in touch with Milltek and the garage that fitted it to come to a solution?

Was the fitter a Milltek approved one?

Yeah it was, and I’m glad it was as they probably would have tried to blame it on that but even if I fitted it myself it can only be fitted in one position so it’s not a error in fitting

As you say, not an error... but at least your covered, and you hopefully should be able to get them to replace the diffuser mate

Sorry you luck doesn't appear to have changed yet; it's bound to soon Billy.

Have you compared the size of the OEM oval to the Milltek? Just wonder if it's bigger or hotter rather than sitting too high.

Sorry you luck doesn't appear to have changed yet; it's bound to soon Billy.

Have you compared the size of the OEM oval to the Milltek? Just wonder if it's bigger or hotter rather than sitting too high.

No not yet, but if someone could take a picture of there standard exhaust sitting in the diffuser I’ll be able to check and see if mine is closer to the edges but I’m sure they are the same as even that standard exhaust was pretty snug in there

Probably more to do with the flames coming out!

Nothing to do with them, I get a few we blips a day. How come supercar that have exhausts like flamethrowers don’t suffer from melted plastic?
Was kidding mate!

Terrible from Milltek though. Surely they've ran an exhaust on one of their cars to test it and check for these things.

Reactions: billymc92 and NevMan