Facelift BIL11 85 Audi RS3 Build

I think that's too much mate.

Reactions: AudiNutta, billymc92, AB RS3 and 2 others
I'm afraid i agree. I think it will be too much aswell. Are you running 235s or 255s? Might just get away with a 235 possibly. :(

Reactions: billymc92
Would agree, going to be too much Billy. With the tyre on too even the Michelin, it will go wider again some what.

Back to the drawing board on the wheels front I think.

Just my honest opinion but see what everyone else thinks. If you’re happy with the wide toe tho then to hell with what we all think.

Looks too much Billy.........

I've seen an PFL RS3 with FFR1's fitted with spacers and it looked spot on

nowhere near that level of poke

It'll just look wrong with tyres on.

I did think so to, as the 2 damaged wheels are getting collected I spoke to the supplier and said they may as well take the 4 as I don’t think they will fit and they just said he will find a solution over the weekend and get it sorted for me.

I didn’t even ask for a refund I just said I’d change them for another brand they have in stock

Reactions: jimojameso and NevMan
On another note got a 10.89 @ 126.34 today on dragy

Reactions: Beebee-one, Kristijan Sabljar, drgav2005 and 3 others
I did think so to, as the 2 damaged wheels are getting collected I spoke to the supplier and said they may as well take the 4 as I don’t think they will fit and they just said he will find a solution over the weekend and get it sorted for me.

I didn’t even ask for a refund I just said I’d change them for another brand they have in stock

Please excuse my ignorance, but would 20” alloys not give you more clearance with calipers? Appreciate you would then need new tyres

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, good time that Billy, just need to replicate that time at Crail now to get it “official”.

Easier said than done though as as you know the launch surface at Crail is poor :(

Good luck though.

Yes, I think you’ve made correct decision with the wheels, you need to go back to the drawing board to find a set that are verified to fit.

Please excuse my ignorance, but would 20” alloys not give you more clearance with calipers? Appreciate you would then need new tyres

20’s I don’t think will fit without rubbing. Certainly not on the rears anyway.

The FFR1 alloys ET37 at the front do fit...
27401080208_f699855088_o.jpg

Reactions: Justin Whitehouse, Spaceman_RS3, RS4B5 and 11 others
20’s I don’t think will fit without rubbing. Certainly not on the rears anyway.

Fair enough, suppose they would then clear calipers but rub on arches

Your car looks great Gav, colour combo on the wheels works well.

Reactions: DW81, drgav2005 and billymc92
The more I think about this situation the more ****** off I get. First because ive got scabby looking callipers and 2. Ill now not get my wheels fitted till I return from offshore in 3 weeks!!

I really am not wanting 21mm poke on the front. Even if it did just fit it now means I cant ever lower my car when I have always planned on getting MSS spring kit. Im now not wanting them to say well just try it and see because one, im not wanting anymore damage than whats already been caused and 2. Once I come home in 3 weeks time and try fit them if it doesn't fit or looks ***** ill then again need to wait anout 7 or 8 days for new wheels to come again.

The FFR1 look so good on @drgav2005 so think ill just change to them.

Ive just tried to call them and arrange for them to pick up the other 2 wheels [as 2 damaged ones got collected today] but the boy who is dealing with me wont be back in till Monday....GREAT

Another thing I've noticed is on there website they only have ET42. So no doubt they will make me put the 5mm spacers on front again. It would be better if they could just give me the ET37 [same as @drgav2005].

Reactions: NevMan
Many thanks Billy,

So sorry you have had so much hassle on the wheels and the damage to your calipers. I would definitely hold out for them to supply the ET37 on the fronts - I'm pretty sure they weren't on their website when I spoke to them, they just offered me them directly when I was discussing the various options.

Reactions: T-800
The more I think about this situation the more ****** off I get. First because ive got scabby looking callipers and 2. Ill now not get my wheels fitted till I return from offshore in 3 weeks!!

I really am not wanting 21mm poke on the front. Even if it did just fit it now means I cant ever lower my car when I have always planned on getting MSS spring kit. Im now not wanting them to say well just try it and see because one, im not wanting anymore damage than whats already been caused and 2. Once I come home in 3 weeks time and try fit them if it doesn't fit or looks ***** ill then again need to wait anout 7 or 8 days for new wheels to come again.

The FFR1 look so good on @drgav2005 so think ill just change to them.

Ive just tried to call them and arrange for them to pick up the other 2 wheels [as 2 damaged ones got collected today] but the boy who is dealing with me wont be back in till Monday....GREAT

Another thing I've noticed is on there website they only have ET42. So no doubt they will make me put the 5mm spacers on front again. It would be better if they could just give me the ET37 [same as @drgav2005].

I bet you are, what a real shame, especially as you had checked with them. I agree the FFR1’s do look sick on @drgav2005’s car, get the right spacers and go for them

Reactions: drgav2005
Many thanks Billy,

So sorry you have had so much hassle on the wheels and the damage to your calipers. I would definitely hold out for them to supply the ET37 on the fronts - I'm pretty sure they weren't on their website when I spoke to them, they just offered me them directly when I was discussing the various options.

where did you order your rims from?

The FFR1 alloys ET37 at the front do fit...
27401080208_f699855088_o.jpg
Hi Gav,
How did you get on with fitting the TPMS ? As I’m going to lower my car do you think I’d be able to fit 245 on the rear without causing any rubbing

Hi Gav,
How did you get on with fitting the TPMS ? As I’m going to lower my car do you think I’d be able to fit 245 on the rear without causing any rubbing

TPMS was an easy fit - but given the slight difference in thickness between these alloys and OEM my tyre fitter just added a washer on the outside of the rim under the OEM TPMS valve. No issues and the TPMS system picked up the sensors and stored the pressures immediately as I drove away from the garage.

Sorry but no idea whether the 245 tyres would rub at the rear - I thought it safer to stick with the tried and trusted Audi staggered setup of 255/30/19 front and 235/35/19 rear. You *could* get away with lowering I guess but I'm not the man to ask!! :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: savo
I'm running 245 all round on 20's - also with the MSS kit.

Reactions: billymc92 and savo
If your running 20” and 245 tyres you can get away with 8.5 inches wide wheels... but ET at front 45 will rub ever so slightly on reverse.... (but not when driving) won’t be much of an issue once a couple of mm are removed from the tyre from use, if the tyre is new... however you won’t get 245 on rear without having a lower offset as under compression it will rub

I’m looking at 245/30/19’s on 8.5/19 offset38 so should be ok

Yep should be fine... even if lowered .... but your a saloon right.... so you may be able to get away with more

Reactions: Dodgygtr
I believe so, as the track in the saloon is wider so I’ve been told... however I’m not sure what offset you would need

Just a quick update about the wheel situation. Here is parts of the emails I have been receiving from Rimstyle

“I have arranged all of this with Ispiri just now, and the 2 wheels will come out as good as they were, complete with 7mm spacer kit for the front, achieving ET35 which is proven to work and sit correctly on the RS3 Saloon. We have many customers running the BBS CH-R 19x8.5 ET40 combined with a 5mm spacer, creating the same end result ET35 offset. You can see from the mark created by the caliper, the extra clearance required was fractional which is down to the tolerances the VAG factory works within.”

“I fully appreciate you said you were going to lower your car in the future so need the clearance, so we have put it to ET35 as an end result, which is run many times over on the RS3, BBS CH-R 19x8.5 ET40 with the 5mm spacers to ET35.”

Hopefully this works because they said they will refuse to take them back as there is a few scuffs on the wheels from where the tires got fitted.

Does anyone have any doubts if this will work as wheels and ETs are not my strong point and confuse the F**k out of me lol

I also stated at one point I wanted to swap the wheels to the FFR1 as I did not want to much poke and know they fit as @drgav2005 has it and they stated there is no difference in the size of the spokes. They said they have had my wheels fitted to other cars the exact same as mine. But each car has VAG tolerances and just because they fit a car the exact same as mine my hub could still be 2mm further out than that and that’s the reason I got a scrape.

Sounds like a load of crap to me but I may be wrong.

Manufacturer tolerances?! Lol!

Reactions: jimojameso
Billy.... why are they quoting for the RS3 Saloon.... when you have a Sportback!

Could this have been the issue as the saloon has different offsets to the Sportback

Billy.... why are they quoting for the RS3 Saloon.... when you have a Sportback!

Could this have been the issue as the saloon has different offsets to the Sportback

No mate they know I have sport back and that they have different offsets. But I think they were just mildly saying that they have done it to a saloon

So found this car in the leaderboards on dragy.
Considering everyone saying a aftermarket intake is not any better than the stock one my times are a bit quicker. As you can see we pretty much have same mods apart from I have a Eventuri intake and he has stock. He even has the sports exhaust and the better intercooler.

3b582cb97c688e195f069238383c1acb.jpg

6986b9c24e494bf4325bd9f4eec34576.jpg

750ab57c3a81d1ecdfbbd5b65a09ac99.jpg

Reactions: Kristijan Sabljar and FBF01
An intake wouldn't make a car 0.5s quicker over the quarter mile. Must be conditions.

If that's Dave Henderson then he may well not be pushing his new car to it's maximum potential yet. I have a feeling he will be posting 10's in the not too distant. I'd like the Eventuri to be making a big difference but I doubt this is reason for the 0.5 second discrepancy.