Facelift BIL11 85 Audi RS3 Build

So my milltek decat downpipe arrived this morning. So excited to get this fitted. Just need to find somewhere to fit it this weekend and then I’m all ready for stage 2 MRC tune on Monday morning.

db77c97f2ce8ed214d24e28ae08c8af2.jpg

d27585f706147d8838a9c77da75521b7.jpg

ca7ee8389b2337e3d52b9267f52358fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any reason why you aren't havning it fitted at MRC?

So my milltek decat downpipe arrived this morning. So excited to get this fitted. Just need to find somewhere to fit it this weekend and then I’m all ready for stage 2 MRC tune on Monday morning.

db77c97f2ce8ed214d24e28ae08c8af2.jpg

d27585f706147d8838a9c77da75521b7.jpg

ca7ee8389b2337e3d52b9267f52358fe.jpg

Any reason why you didn’t choose the iroz motorsport downpipe ?

Would have been cheaper to have bought a plane ticket and brought it back in your luggage.

MRC have workshop facilities and are more than capable of fitting the downpipe. It takes ages to do though so won't be cheap.

Reactions: billymc92
Ouch that’s not cheap at all, well the downpipe is about right, Don’t blame iroz for the shipment charges
$1300 for shipment for a ****** downpipe... Is it coming via the international space station?!

Reactions: DW81
This will be mental with 530bhp, keen to see how it peforms! :icon thumright:

Removed the hideous black trim they put in for some reason and removed the Rs3 badge as the silver looked out of place and wow. Think it looks much better imo.

3eb25c4fac755cfffc280f49ba9309b0.jpg

Definitely looks way better! Was there cutting involved or are they bolted on to the bumper for the black trim? Would consider doing that do mine as well.

How is the drone when just driving around normally mate?

Well I had my valves unplugged until yesterday and it was so loud and epic. Great noise when you floor it and the bangs on upshift are amazing. They are actually getting louder as it gets bedded in so I still expect it to get louder. I put the valves back on in preparation for my long drive to MRC and when your just cruising in D and comfort it’s barely unnoticeable unles you floor it. But change it to Dynamic and you’d think your in a supercar. I’m actually thinking I don’t even need the milltek back box anymore as it’s that loud. And that’s without the sport exhaust.

Sorry if I missed but downpipe with tune or stock tune right now?

Stock tune right now until tomorrow

Definitely looks way better! Was there cutting involved or are they bolted on to the bumper for the black trim? Would consider doing that do mine as well.

No mate. Remove the foam that’s in there and then it’s 4 bolts and lots of plastic clips. Bit of a nightmare to get it to unclip because everything is so tightly packed but definitely worth it as you can see.

Just made a YouTube and uploaded videos just for you guys :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: RS3-Rob, JamesCrs3, AudiNutta and 1 other person
Great build thread bill been following this from the start mate. Is your downpipe fitted with the primary cats or is the whole system decatted mate.
I have the secondary decats on my PFL with the exhaust valves unplugged and there is a drone but my ears have adjusted to it now and being frank would not want it back to standard

Well I had my valves unplugged until yesterday and it was so loud and epic. Great noise when you floor it and the bangs on upshift are amazing. They are actually getting louder as it gets bedded in so I still expect it to get louder. I put the valves back on in preparation for my long drive to MRC and when your just cruising in D and comfort it’s barely unnoticeable unles you floor it. But change it to Dynamic and you’d think your in a supercar. I’m actually thinking I don’t even need the milltek back box anymore as it’s that loud. And that’s without the sport exhaust.

Sounds bang on mate, if you aren't getting any drone then that sounds perfect!

Great build thread bill been following this from the start mate. Is your downpipe fitted with the primary cats or is the whole system decatted mate.
I have the secondary decats on my PFL with the exhaust valves unplugged and there is a drone but my ears have adjusted to it now and being frank would not want it back to standard

Whole system is decatted

Yup it’s on, I got it cleared but came right back on again. I’ll get it programmed in by MRC and will be all sorted

Have you got a trusted mot centre as you have a full decat mate?

@ billymc92 sounds amazing on ur insta post, look forward to seeing the results of the Stage 2 :thumbs up:

Well today has been a disaster. After having my car for about 3 hours I got a phone call saying they are having difficulty with the programming. Every facelift RS3 they have had so far has had programme 02. Mines has got 03 which they have never seen before. They’ve told me that they need to get hold of Audi to get the new software but said it’s not a case of just phoning Audi and asking for it as they wouldn’t do that. So I’ve no idea what he meant. How is he meant to get it then. He said he’ll have it by the end of the day so my car will be ready by 1pm tomorrow. How successful do you think they will be?

They said they will give me discount but I’ve had to pay £100 for hotel and my girlfriend was with me but has work tomorrow so just had to pay £100 for her to get a 7 hour train journey home herself which is annoyed me most.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Well today has been a disaster. After having my car for about 3 hours I got a phone call saying they are having difficulty with the programming. Every facelift RS3 they have had so far has had programme 02. Mines has got 03 which they have never seen before. They’ve told me that they need to get hold of Audi to get the new software but said it’s not a case of just phoning Audi and asking for it as they wouldn’t do that. So I’ve no idea what he meant. How is he meant to get it then. He said he’ll have it by the end of the day so my car will be ready by 1pm tomorrow. How successful do you think they will be?

They said they will give me discount but I’ve had to pay £100 for hotel and my girlfriend was with me but has work tomorrow so just had to pay £100 for her to get a 7 hour train journey home herself which is annoyed me most.
They'll get it done and I'm sure they will compensate/discount for your costs. Console yourself with the fact that the car will be bonkers fast when it's done!

You’d rather wait and get it done properly then having someone do half a job. MRC will be worth the wait.

They'll get it done and I'm sure they will compensate/discount for your costs. Console yourself with the fact that the car will be bonkers fast when it's done!

Yeah I’m not annoyed to much about it. I just Would be so ****** off if they then don’t have it tomorrow and I’ve just wasted £400 in total and 2 days of my time.

I don’t get how they can get software in one day. Does anyone know where they get it from?

Yeah I’m not annoyed to much about it. I just Would be so ****** off if they then don’t have it tomorrow and I’ve just wasted £400 in total and 2 days of my time.

I don’t get how they can get software in one day. Does anyone know where they get it from?
Well if it's not done tomorrow then I'd want the map done for free!

Unfortunately Banbury isn't the most fun place to spend a night either.

Reactions: AudiNutta and billymc92
Well if it's not done tomorrow then I'd want the map done for free!

Unfortunately Banbury isn't the most fun place to spend a night either.

If it’s not done tomorrow I’ll probably just leave. I’m not spending another day here for him to “maybe” get it done

On a very different scale, but "similar" issue I had when I took my car to SuperChips, they had never seen the version of ECU I had , so had to have the car to "read full map from chassis" to be able to re-program. Yours' is clearly the 1st they have had with that version, so need more work, but future clients will benefit...which doesn't help you!

bleeding edge, good lad Bill :nogarors4:

I’ve took one for the team, Guinea pig bill :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

That's very kind of you Billy, I owe you a pint.

Hope you get it sorted but this is almost inevitable when you are playing with new toys. Good luck.