Facelift BIL11 85 Audi RS3 Build

billymc92

Kyalami Green Vorsprung- Sportback
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thought I would start a build thread that I could just keep adding too throughout my time of owning the car and update you all of what I think of the upgrades I try.

I placed my order 17th October From Worcester Audi. Im from Edinburgh so its not quite local but they were able to give me the best deal and trade in my for old car, a mk6 Golf GTI full R replica Revo stage 1.

The Spec of my RS3 Sportback is,

Ara Blue
Auto dimming and folding door mirrors
Panoramic Sunroof
High beam assist
Audi magnetic ride
Red brake calipers
SS seats with red stitching
Design pack
Comfort and sound pack
Gloss black styling pack
Gloss black rotors

The Car then arrived at Worcester Audi the 19th of December
A
B

Car then got transported to Edinburgh and arrived on the 21st
C
D
E

F
G

I then arrived home from work a week later on the 28th and was going to London over the New Year so decided to drive which was a 1100 round trip. Car was needing ran in so thought it was a great excuse to take it.
H

I

Was so surprised at how much faster and louder the car got just from getting ran in and that's without the sports exhaust as I have always planned on going down the aftermarket exhaust route. The car gets lots of attention on the road and the young car spotters were loving it in London.

First wash of the car after the 1100 miles down south and unfortunately there was about 4 or 5 stone chips on the front already so paint must be a lot weaker than I thought it would be.

J
K

So then came my first simple but effective mod, the black badges from eBay.

N
O
P

Next up was my first big delivery for the car.

M

Full carbon intake from Eventuri. They said on my instagram [billymc92] post that I was one of the first to have this fitted to a Gen 2 RS3.

L

Q
R

For performance wise and just by feel I cant notice any difference with this but im sure it will be shown when I get on the dyno. Sound on the other hand is so much louder and can constantly hear the intake sooking for air. I actually got so excited on my test run after fitting the intake I thought id try my first Launch control, and it instantly got followed by a second launch lol. I do have a video of it but it wont let me upload videos. I knew this would be quick but jesus I did not expect the pull it does and that was in damp conditions.

Car then got another wash along with clay bar'd and sealed so I could go take some proper photos as ive not had a chance too due to the rubbish weather.

S

Thumbnail IMG 6233

Thumbnail IMG 6220

Thumbnail IMG 6218

Thumbnail IMG 6223

Thumbnail IMG 6225

Thought id state some things the have previously been stated on this form.

Squeaky breaks - Yes mine started at about 1100 but its only just the lightest squeak. Not enough to drive me crazy. As other people have said it comes and then goes again so ill just see how it ends up before I start worrying about it.

My lights do get condensation after I wash it same as a few other people have reported but same as before, most people say as time goes on it stops so will just keep an eye on that too.

My sunvisor does always pop out the clip when I go to fold it away which is really annoying. Im hoping it loosens up soon and does not always do it.

My exhaust has the cold start ticking/clicking noise. I don't believe its a fault and if it annoys you that much just change into dynamic and it stops.

If anyone has any questions ill be happy to try answer them for them.

I am booked into MRC February 10th for stage 1 so ill keep use all updated with that and will post plenty pictures and videos. Cars in getting tints today so ill get some more pictures of the car after that.

I am changing my wheels to OZ Racing alloys and will lower on MSS springs. Waiting on miltek to release an exhaust and will get a full exhaust system and downpipe.

Will keep use apdated as I go on and hope to see some of your own build threads popping up on the forum,

Thanks for looking, Billy

Last edited:
Reactions: juice, seventeenapg, RS4B5 and 10 others
Looks nice.

How do you get away with no front number plate ???

Reactions: billymc92
I always have my sun visor pop out every time I grab it...most annoying!

Noticed you don't have the sports exhaust. You might not have the sound but I do prefer the chrome tips to the black, which get lost in the black diffuser.

Lovely looking car and I'm sure you'll be blown away by the MRC tune!

Looks nice.

How do you get away with no front number plate ???

Well I don't think it is going to last mate haha. just chancing my luck and hoping for the best. I really don't know where ill put it if I do get asked to as I prefer the grille without the number plate.

Reactions: teslaboy
I always have my sun visor pop out every time I grab it...most annoying!

Noticed you don't have the sports exhaust. You might not have the sound but I do prefer the chrome tips to the black, which get lost in the black diffuser.

Lovely looking car and I'm sure you'll be blown away by the MRC tune!

Yeah I was wanting to go down the after market route. Do you prefer it with the chrome? Im not very sure if I should get the miltek black or chrome tips.

Yes I look forward to it but unfortunately its a 7 hour drive to Banbury.....

Yeah I was wanting to go down the after market route. Do you prefer it with the chrome? Im not very sure if I should get the miltek black or chrome tips.

Yes I look forward to it but unfortunately its a 7 hour drive to Banbury.....
I'm fortunate, it's a 30 minute drive for me!

Definitely prefer the chrome tips. I love the two fat oval exhausts and they stand out much better with chrome tips.

Car looks great mate. Be following your build for sure. One question is that a yellow lambo on your driveway next to your rs mate?

Great looking car made better with the black badges imho. Not hanging around with the mods then ;) good going with stage 1 as on the FL it seems to be mental!

TX.

Car looks great mate. Be following your build for sure. One question is that a yellow lambo on your driveway next to your rs mate?

that's the old mans, wait till I get stage 2 and can smoke him :sunglasses:

Reactions: RS4B5, jimojameso and DW81
Whose Lambo? Nice pics

Eventuri is a pricy intake but looks to be a great addition. Will be keeping an eye on your Stage 1 MRC figures.

Edit...you’ve answered the Lambo question above.

Reactions: philipgtr and billymc92
Looking the part and some nice mods so far... looking forward to following this thread as it goes

Following for sure! Love the black badges against the Ara, presume wheels will be black too? Where did you get there tints, Scot Tint by any chance?

Following for sure! Love the black badges against the Ara, presume wheels will be black too? Where did you get there tints, Scot Tint by any chance?

Yeah makes a huge difference. I want the front grille RS3 badge black too but no ones selling one yet that clips onto the grille, either that or I cant find one.
Yup wheels will be black, would look sh*t any other colour :smilingimp:

And yes again,it is Scot Tint. This is my fourth car with them. Highly recommend. My cars there now, leaving to collect it in the next 30 minutes.

Reactions: FBF01
lovely looking car mate....looking forward to following your mods and the results.....especially the difference between standard springs and MSS kit (which one are you getting?). I hear/read most people tuning it also do the intercooler same time also....you planning on that (which one?) anytime soon also? Does MRC tune the DSG also at Stage 1?

lovely looking car mate....looking forward to following your mods and the results.....especially the difference between standard springs and MSS kit (which one are you getting?). I hear/read most people tuning it also do the intercooler same time also....you planning on that (which one?) anytime soon also? Does MRC tune the DSG also at Stage 1?

Im going for the MSS Sports fully adjustable kit. Will get them after I get the wheels as it will be easier to fit that round my wheels rather than lowering then trying to **** about with wheel sizes and offsets ect.

Yes I do plan on getting a intercooler at some point but I feel like there's a lot more im wanting before that. But then again the remap might say otherwise and if temperatures are too high I wont risk damaging the engine and ill get one sooner rather than later. The thing about an intercooler is when I get one there will be nothing stopping me going stage 2 and then im just getting carried away. I don't want to do everything right away and then get bored of the car. The good thing about the intercoolers is that they are the same as the PFL so already is many to choose from. Im not 100% what one id go for but probably Forge.

And yes MRC offer a Gearbox map. There message to me was "these are doing 393PS - 405PS and 500nm stock and they get upto 470PS-485PS and 600nm - 650nm on stage 1. Im hopping to see over 500bhp as the eventuri intake claim 17bhp on standard car and around 25bhp increase on a car with a custom map.

Reactions: PanamaS3
Yeah makes a huge difference. I want the front grille RS3 badge black too but no ones selling one yet that clips onto the grille, either that or I cant find one.
Yup wheels will be black, would look sh*t any other colour :smilingimp:

And yes again,it is Scot Tint. This is my fourth car with them. Highly recommend. My cars there now, leaving to collect it in the next 30 minutes.

Wasn’t going to pay 300 odd quid for Audi tins either, 135 with Solar Glass Tech in Stirling who have also done my last 4 cars. Makes sense getting it from them, as they are no more than a minutes walk from stirling Audi. Gets photos up with the tins, love to see that.

Need the link for the black Audi front and rear badges, as never trust eBay etc.

Im going for the MSS Sports fully adjustable kit. Will get them after I get the wheels as it will be easier to fit that round my wheels rather than lowering then trying to **** about with wheel sizes and offsets ect.

Yes I do plan on getting a intercooler at some point but I feel like there's a lot more im wanting before that. But then again the remap might say otherwise and if temperatures are too high I wont risk damaging the engine and ill get one sooner rather than later. The thing about an intercooler is when I get one there will be nothing stopping me going stage 2 and then im just getting carried away. I don't want to do everything right away and then get bored of the car. The good thing about the intercoolers is that they are the same as the PFL so already is many to choose from. Im not 100% what one id go for but probably Forge.

And yes MRC offer a Gearbox map. There message to me was "these are doing 393PS - 405PS and 500nm stock and they get upto 470PS-485PS and 600nm - 650nm on stage 1. Im hopping to see over 500bhp as the eventuri intake claim 17bhp on standard car and around 25bhp increase on a car with a custom map.

I see its not your first rodeo ie. very sensible on wheels and springs same time.
I guess IC also depends on temperatures where you are....but I remember when I did my IC it felt like the car had been given another set of lungs.
"Carried away"? Seeing as you are already planning full catback w/DP it would be rude NOT to go Stage 2 this very moment young man! lol
When you are up to 500hp at either Stage 1 or 2 won't you also be considering brake upgrades?

Surely just get the intercooler now and get MRC to map it in. Otherwise you'll have two lots of mapping fees?

DVLA website says incorrectly displayed number plates have up to £1000 fine. I would be careful. It looks better but it’s not £1000 better every time.

Reactions: DW81
DVLA website says incorrectly displayed number plates have up to £1000 fine. I would be careful. It looks better but it’s not £1000 better every time.
It's not incorrectly displayed...it's just not displayed, haha!

Reactions: AudiNutta and billymc92
It's not incorrectly displayed...it's just not displayed, haha!

LOL believe me I don’t want a front plate on my car any more than I am sure everyone else here but that’s too much to risk.

Although if your going to get pulled over with a plate its more likely to be in London at New Year! (Which is probably why when he gets a fine from the local policeman it will be even more annoying!).

It’s not incorrectly displayed... it must have just coincidently fallen off after you’d set off on your journey :smirk:

Reactions: DW81 and billymc92
I am sure you would be able to BS a plod on this - act all surprised and concerned etc, assurances that it will be done first thing, complaint to Audi blah blah. Job done.

I see its not your first rodeo ie. very sensible on wheels and springs same time.
I guess IC also depends on temperatures where you are....but I remember when I did my IC it felt like the car had been given another set of lungs.
"Carried away"? Seeing as you are already planning full catback w/DP it would be rude NOT to go Stage 2 this very moment young man! lol
When you are up to 500hp at either Stage 1 or 2 won't you also be considering brake upgrades?

Stage 1 is fine with the breaks and I’m sure stage 2 you should start looking at break upgrades.

Surely just get the intercooler now and get MRC to map it in. Otherwise you'll have two lots of mapping fees?

Yeah I was worried about that but just don’t have the time as I’m away back offshore next week. I’ll just have to take it to them to get the intercooler mapped in at a later date.

They will only give you a warning about the plates. And if you get a ***** at the very most he would only fine you £100. But like I say they just tell you off.

Stage 1 is fine with the breaks and I’m sure stage 2 you should start looking at break upgrades.

Yeah I was worried about that but just don’t have the time as I’m away back offshore next week. I’ll just have to take it to them to get the intercooler mapped in at a later date.

They will only give you a warning about the plates. And if you get a ***** at the very most he would only fine you £100. But like I say they just tell you off.
Surely MRC can source you and fit the intercooler for you at the same time if you ask. Go for it!

Reactions: billymc92 and PanamaS3
Surely MRC can source you and fit the intercooler for you at the same time if you ask. Go for it!

persuasive but true...if money isn't a stumbling block I'd do it before tune too.....go on...you know you want to lol

I saw that on Pistonheads about the £100 fine but the DVLA site is very clear. £1000. So your hoping that the police don't cite you for incorrectly displayed number plates and fine you.

I wouldn't take that risk. Remember it only has to happen once - it may not be today - it could be in 6 months - but if you don't have a spare £1k your going to have a problem.

I ran a car with no front plate for 2 years and wasn't stopped once. Even had police cars in front and behind me and no stops. Risk yes but small imho.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

But what happens when you enter car parks with number plate recognition and you have no number plate on?

Car looks awesome mate. Love your dads hurracan aswell. Sweeet :)

Yes you just put the ticket in the machine #oldschool

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Don't worry about them http://www.point-less.co.uk/

Sent from my BBD100-1 using Tapatalk

Wow you didn't hang around! Beautiful car and look forward to seeing what all you do.

So got my tints fitted and after getting a chance to wash it AGAIN here it is. Going to be getting a few parts in the engine bay carbon dipped to go with the intake. Will see how it turns out and if it looks good and not cheap looking ill get a few interior parts dipped too.

Thumbnail IMG 6251

Thumbnail IMG 6250

Thumbnail IMG 6252

Reactions: Phil3