1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Facelift BIL11 85 Audi RS3 Build

billymc92 Jan 10, 2018

1. billymc92

billymc92 2018 Ara Blue Facelift RS3

No, I got a light tint on the front, didn’t want to get the limo tints on the front

teslaboy likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Ellski

Ellski Member

Mines almost the same spec bar the sun roof and silver leather.

Looks nice mate, you got a video with the sound of the intake? I'm considering getting one, just worried about warranty..

billymc92 likes this.
  4. billymc92

No mate I’ll try get one at some point for you. As I said previously in the post. The intake is only an hour fitting time so say it’s on and your car develops a problem. Just put your standard intake back on before your trip to Audi

Ellski likes this.
  5. d8ean

d8ean Active Member

i need to get the black badges on mine ASAP... heard bay ones can be hit n miss on quality ? and the sizes vary ?

6. billymc92

The ones I got quality seems good. The tears were a different size but that doesn’t matter and the front rings was about 2mm shorter but you can notice it once it’s clipped into grille

7. billymc92

So changed my remap date from 10th to the 19th. Just ordered the new milltek downpipe and im going to order the forge intercooler over the next couple of days and get the hardware fitted before my remap. So when I visit MRC I’m just going straight for stage 2.

I’ll update use when it arrives :whitecheck:

8. D0C

D0C Well-Known Member Team Panther Team Nardo Audi RS3 TTRS

Good decision!

billymc92 likes this.
  9. FBF01

FBF01 Well-Known Member

Over 500bhp?

billymc92 likes this.
  10. Leo-RS

Leo-RS Well-Known Member

Where did you purchase the Milltek downpipe from? I see it listed on their website but looks like you need to purchase through one of their stockists? £690 or did you manage to get discount off that?

Forge is £1060
    Airtec is £950

Both claim very similar temp reduction figures

Do MRC map the gearbox as part of the Engine map and incorporate it into one package or is it a cost for the Stage 2 and an additional cost for the gearbox map? £1k?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    billymc92 likes this.
  11. Evotion

Evotion The Greed For Speed Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group S tronic Audi RS3

I lost all interest in the RS3 once I saw the Lambo.....

Obviously, I love RS3s but quite frankly, the Audi is a worn out hooker who still knows how to please you, whilst the Lambo is Gal Gadot and Margot Robbie, rolled into one, high on drugs, in a gang bang.

Apologies to any old hookers reading this...

ChrisRS3, T-800, S. and 3 others like this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. billymc92

530ps they claim

FBF01 likes this.
  14. billymc92

They sent me my local supplier and I got in touch with them today and they should have it for start of February. I’m getting a full system 15% off as I booked it on Black Friday. Same with MRC as I phoned on Black Friday and said that revo and apr are doing a deal so if you can do one I’ll come to use and they gave me £200 off. Map is usually £750 and S-Tronic is £300 but I’m getting both for £850

FBF01 and Leo-RS like this.
  15. FBF01

FBF01 Well-Known Member

F*ck sake lol, mental! Never have a duel with you then if I see you on the bypass lol

billymc92 likes this.
  16. billymc92

So this morning I ordered a intercooler from Airtec. On reading up on it and the description it’s very similar to Forge. Only difference is it’s £100 cheaper and not made to order (5 weeks wait). And I got a RS owners club forum discount code which surprisingly gave me £76 off so worked out nearly £200 cheaper. I’ll let you all know how it performs when it’s dynoed next month

FBF01 likes this.
  17. billymc92

Carbon engine covers. Still need to stick my RS badge to it. This will set off the engine bay nicely with the Eventuri carbon intake. Also fitted my Forge intercooler yesterday :sunglasses::hearteyes:

8A8F11AC-ADBB-44DA-ACD5-5D92E30DD7CD.jpeg F06E26F3-1CA3-422D-A2E0-6CD88CFD5BFF.jpeg

FBF01 and AudiNutta like this.
  18. billymc92

Luckily enough managed to source this Forge intercooler off the RS3OC form. Only been on previous RS for 4000 miles and got it at a great price so ended up cancelling my airtec intercooler. Fitted easily enough in around 2 hours. Didn’t need to jack up or take the wheels off. Hardest part was probably taking the bumper off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Removed the hideous black trim they put in for some reason and removed the Rs3 badge as the silver looked out of place and wow. Think it looks much better imo.

[​IMG]

Downpipe is due to get dispatched tomorrow and then get it fitted Friday and then the long drive to MRC on Monday for Stage 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. FBF01

FBF01 Well-Known Member

Impressive! Wouldn’t dare think about tackling that myself. How easy was that black trim to remove? Keen to get rid of mine if it doesn’t take long. When spacers are getting fitted at autohaus would ask them to remove, providing reg plate could go back on easily. Front end looks seriously good now

billymc92 likes this.
  20. billymc92

Bit of a nightmare if I’m honest. It’s a bumper off job and then everything is just so tightly put together. Wouldn’t bother getting your bumper off just for that. I’d say wait until you have your bumper off for some reason in the future then take it out then. It won’t effect your number plate holder.

Kristijan Sabljar likes this.
  21. FBF01

FBF01 Well-Known Member

Ah ok. Looking in to cosmetic mods at the moment, looking at making it a bit different hence the q. Emailed ABT about lower front lip, waiting on a price.

billymc92 and AudiNutta like this.
  22. AudiNutta

AudiNutta Moderator Staff Member Moderator Sportback Gold Supporter Team Racing Blue Mica Audi RS3 quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Post the price on here please! :)

billymc92 and FBF01 like this.
  23. Dodgygtr

Dodgygtr Active Member

Did you carbon dip the engine bits? Will fitting down pipe effect the map too much to drive or can you just drive off boost?

24. FBF01

FBF01 Well-Known Member

Lmfao can only get it as part of a full build which is 15k lol. So may have to be Maxton lol

25. AudiNutta

AudiNutta Moderator Staff Member Moderator Sportback Gold Supporter Team Racing Blue Mica Audi RS3 quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

****** hell!!

I’ve seen one of those on a car and it looks the most anti-VAG add on I’ve ever seen haha! Not a fan

26. FBF01

FBF01 Well-Known Member

There are three options for front splitter though. Go check the lad Dr Josh Pillay...his RS3 has one and looks good

Love sepang!

27. AudiNutta

That’s different to what I thought, I was thinking of the thin black plastic sheet splitter.

I was considering it as I’ve had them before, but on my Fiesta... I honestly don’t think I could drill the bumper on the RS... painful!

28. billymc92

Yup got them carbon dipped

Dodgygtr likes this.
  29. Dodgygtr

Dodgygtr Active Member

I’m planning to do that as £650 is way ever priced lol being cheap on a £57k spec’d car :haudrauf:but got to save money for mods

30. FBF01

FBF01 Well-Known Member

I thought the holes were already there?!

Every mod I’m thinking of there seems to be a draw back lol. Just want to make it different, like the Oettinger rear spoiler on my R, but there doesn’t appear to be much in the way of aftermarket spoilers or side skirts etc

31. AudiNutta

For the splitter? Far as i am aware any splitter requires drilling into the bottom of the bumpers to fix.

Yep same here! It won’t do any harm drilling the bumper on the underside but it’s just a mental thing, I don’t want to go drilling holes in my £54k car :lmfao:

I’m after visual changes that are warranty friendly and out of options too, just because Audi make the car near perfect from factory styling wise. I found that from the time I got my first Audi.. my A3 S Line, they are just spot on. I’ve looked at a spoiler lip but again I don’t really want to be bonding stuff to the body and I’m not sure if it would look a little silly.. it’s just the need to make the car ‘my own’.

I really want springs but I just can’t lose the drivetrain warranty like most of us and it’s ridiculous you lose the lot with just springs.

32. DW81

DW81 Well-Known Member

Do you guys declare these mods on your insurance?

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. FBF01

FBF01 Well-Known Member

That the Maxton spoiler? Looks quite good and it’s only 3M tape that holds it on I’m sure. Would look good against Nardo, Red or black, don’t know how it would look with yours given the Alu pack. Your motor is classy, mine just looks a bit wide boy lol. What about painting the calipers? ​

35. FBF01

FBF01 Well-Known Member

I didn’t with the Golf R as t was just a spoiler, but I did declare the tuning box I had on for a while. If you going to the extent Billy is you would be stupid not too

DW81 likes this.
  36. AudiNutta

I will have a browse online when I get some time but aftermarket parts are scarce for the Facelift at the moment, I’m waiting to see what the exhausts do.

Yes mine has the classy effect yours is the brute look ;)

Wouldn’t want to paint the calipers I like them as they are and you’d never get the same finish again. Plus mine is blue again, difficult to pick a suitable colour.

37. billymc92

So my milltek decat downpipe arrived this morning. So excited to get this fitted. Just need to find somewhere to fit it this weekend and then I’m all ready for stage 2 MRC tune on Monday morning.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member

Like that mod on the 3rd pic!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

AudiNutta, T-800 and billymc92 like this.
  39. FBF01

FBF01 Well-Known Member

Can’t bloomin wait to see how Monday goes!

billymc92 likes this.
  40. RS3-Rob

RS3-Rob Member Audi RS3

Let us all know how it sounds with a video :respekt:

41. Dodgygtr

Dodgygtr Active Member

Are you going to do full system later or just stick to std one?

42. billymc92

I can’t upload videos to this site but plenty on my Instagram billymc92

RS3-Rob likes this.
  43. billymc92

Yeah as soon as they pull there finger out and release it. It was meant to be November

AudiNutta likes this.