1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Facelift BIL11 85 Audi RS3 Build

billymc92 Jan 10, 2018

1. billymc92

billymc92 2018 Ara Blue Facelift RS3

Yeah it is. He has a TTE625 coming for it so he will be getting better than 10s

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. JamesCrs3

JamesCrs3 Registered User

Look at the G force on the graphs, shows big traction issues.

4. Callum66

Callum66 Registered User

It's certainly one to watch. I'm keen to know if Dave looses any of the bottom end in fitting the 625. Simon at TTE doesn't think he'll loose torque at the bottom end. I'm still sceptical but that's probably just a consequence of age and irrelevant experience.

5. Leo-RS

Leo-RS Registered User

Nah, you’ll need more than a TTE to go higher than 10’s.

Dragy is just a useful indication also, it’s not a substitute for a proper dragstrip run or record. It’s also open to abuse, strap it into another car or a motorbike etc. There’s no abuse on a level playing field on a verified dragstrip and with a timeslip though.

Your powerplot of 510ps is low and so was your only recorded drag strip run at 11.6. 510ps is only 503bhp. Some tuners in Europe are getting 530bhp.

JBS posted a couple of weeks ago at 525hp from a baseline 404hp on Stage 2 without an intake.

Daves car with a 625 on it will run low to mid 10’s at 135ish. To go into 9’s probably looking at 750bhp minimum with 140mph+. None of the big turbo Iroz cars have cracked the 9’s yet and are running E85 at 800bhp

Hybrids aren’t great either, they run hard and very hot, TTE625 will put more strain on the engine than a BT 750-800hp conversion. The big turbo will run cooler and safer (as long as torque is protected) Hybrids are a half way house but a few more options are now coming on the market.

millsy75 and Callum66 like this.
  6. Leo-RS

Leo-RS Registered User

And no, half a second type gains on a 1/4m come from a remap type increase. Intake (if it works well) maybe a tenth if you’re lucky.

7. A.ShawnS3

A.ShawnS3 Registered User

What 60-100mph times are you getting compared dave Henderson’s rs3 ?

8. NevMan

NevMan Well known member

What have you managed to sort with your alloys @billymc92 ? Or not had a chance yet?

9. billymc92

Funny you should ask. I was going to update this post at some point today.

I returned from offshore yesterday and the 2 damaged wheels have been refurbed and I’ve now been giving 7mm spacers for the front (instead of the 5mm that rubbed)

I bolted them to the car yesterday without a tire to see how they look and if they clear the calliper.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

And for everyone else that was curious about the exhaust, mainly @AudiNutta haha. It’s now arrived at my dealer. After many b1tchy little emails to milltek complaining about how long it’s taking and how the only reason I choose them was because they were the first to offer a backbox for this car and now due to them taking so long other companies were starting to release them I said if it was going to be any longer I’d cancel and go elsewhere they have included both tips for me. Chrome and black so will be good to try both on and can change it up. Could even get pictures of both to help others decide on what finish to get.

So basically I’m getting my wheels and exhaust fitted by Autohaus Edinburgh on Thursday. Unfortunately that’s the soonest they could do it so I’m just going to have to be patient that little bit longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. NevMan

NevMan Well known member

look forward to seeing the pics, and hearing the exhaust :hubbahubba:

billymc92 likes this.
  11. AudiNutta

AudiNutta Moderator Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter

Thanks for the update!

Would be cool to see both tips. I’m looking at a PFL Sports Exhaust now though, not convinced how good the Milltek will sound.

I can’t really tell off of yours because it’s a decat.

billymc92 likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Kristijan Sabljar

Kristijan Sabljar Registered User

Waiting for sound so i know for order and sellin my AUDI SPORT one ahhahahah

billymc92 likes this.
  14. billymc92

Today I went out and bought a suction cup so I could get some videos of the exhaust getting fitted tomorrow so decided to get a few clips today with the standard exhaust on so we can have a few comparisons.

https://youtu.be/uFTdjVf90Ss

NevMan likes this.
  15. billymc92

So here it is. Im not going to give my opinion of it at the moment as ive not had a long enough drive to be able to give use a quick review. Hopefully ill get out tomorrow to try it. The Go Pro was not playing ball as each video kept freezing at around 6 seconds so maybe the SD card is full but ive took a couple on my phone. Not the best sound comparison but gives use a rough idea.

All im going to say is that its that loud im in a 50/50 mind weather to put my old exhaust back on! The most disappointing thing is that the constant tick/rattle that I had is still here. A new back box has not cured this issue.

RS4B5, oli356, jimojameso and 2 others like this.
  16. JamesCrs3

Sounds very nice. I take it you have the valved system? Perhaps that's where there rattle is coming from?

17. lee_fr200

lee_fr200 Registered User

I like the sound tbh

billymc92 likes this.
  18. billymc92

Yup it’s valved

19. D0C

D0C Registered User

I think that's sounding great! Much more PFL like. I'd keep it like that, Billy. I assume you can always switch to comfort to quieten it down if needed.

20. TYb

TYb Registered User

I like the sound but would be a tad too much for me as a daily, can just imagine pulling out of the work car park and security chasing me...

21. Kristijan Sabljar

Kristijan Sabljar Registered User

I love the sound :)

If is too much u can always buy resonated section

22. jimojameso

jimojameso Well-Known Member Section Mod

Looking good mate. Glad you got your wheels sorted in the end. What a nightmare :)

23. Leo-RS

Leo-RS Registered User

Loud exhausts soon get on your tits (and everyone else’s tits) when the novelty wears off. Even the pops and crackles soon get annoying. Perhaps just an age thing but I always find myself quietening the noise down when going into the works car park, or picking my son up from football, picking the missus up from work etc, it draws too much attention and people who are not really into cars just think “knob”

Was following a Megane RS through a tunnel yesterday and he was off and on the accelerator for no reason other than to just create a pop and a bang. I thought it sounded sh*t if I was being honest and reminded me of the Saxo’s and Nova’s of the 90’s.

Is the pop and crackle of 2018 the new wooshy dumpvalve of 2000? It’s certainly going that way.

Back to Billy’s exhaust, it sounds nice in the video but suspect his phone probably doesn’t pick up how loud it really is.

For me, I would have opted for the resonated cat back due to the catless downpipe. If I was on the standard downpipe and it was just the catback I would then opt for the non resonated. To go full non res and full decat it’s always going to be at 100% volume.

Tried the catless downpipes and non resonated Milltek on my RS6 and it was ridiculously loud, embarrassingly loud in fact that I soon swapped the catback for the resonated version and that hit the sweet spot.

In this car I’m just going to go big bore catless downpipe with the factory sports exhaust. Think that will hit the sweet spot.

Word of warning, on certain tracks and airfields (if you do plan on tracking your car) there are noise limitations so if the exhaust is too loud, you’ll soon be asked to leave.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    AB RS3, millsy75, billymc92 and 4 others like this.
  24. billymc92

So managed to get a few short videos today with the go pro. Its playing up for some reason and videos keep ending themselves like its running out of memory but ive already emptied the SD card.

Noticed at 21 seconds that its popping flames. Would be good to get a video from a car following it.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  25. JamesCrs3

Don't see any flames?

26. billymc92

sorry check now, noticed the video had glitched when uploading but sorted now. 21 seconds

JamesCrs3 likes this.
  27. JamesCrs3

Sounds wicked mate!

billymc92 likes this.
  28. DW81

DW81 Registered User

A few more tweaks bill and you will have the car sounding like us PFL boys:tearsofjoy:

No seriously the FL sounds great to start with, now yours sounds insane, glad to hear you finally got there with how you wanted it mate.

billymc92 likes this.
  29. billymc92

Buddy my wheels are still not on thats a whole different story

jimojameso likes this.
  30. infernox

infernox Registered User

Yes now its even more like a PFL exhaust. Just needs to do the big bang more often.

31. billymc92

I hate being the ****** Guinea pig. Found fault number 1 with the milltek exhaust.

Ohhhhh she hot :boom::boom:

0352ADC1-7099-4BE8-9445-D0EC1C81630A.jpeg F37AF15D-DAD8-4EDB-A6CC-15759CF6DDBF.jpeg

AudiNutta likes this.
  32. JamesCrs3

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. Javbomb

Javbomb Registered User

Wow that is sitting way too close to the diffuser.

Maybe thats why the stock tips have a good amount of gap there.

35. Phil3

Phil3 Registered User

You’re having no luck at all make... are you getting in touch with Milltek and the garage that fitted it to come to a solution?

Was the fitter a Milltek approved one?

36. billymc92

Yeah it was, and I’m glad it was as they probably would have tried to blame it on that but even if I fitted it myself it can only be fitted in one position so it’s not a error in fitting

37. Phil3

Phil3 Registered User

As you say, not an error... but at least your covered, and you hopefully should be able to get them to replace the diffuser mate

38. Callum66

Callum66 Registered User

Sorry you luck doesn't appear to have changed yet; it's bound to soon Billy.

Have you compared the size of the OEM oval to the Milltek? Just wonder if it's bigger or hotter rather than sitting too high.

39. billymc92

That’s what I’m expecting, but what are they going to do to stop it reoccurring

40. billymc92

No not yet, but if someone could take a picture of there standard exhaust sitting in the diffuser I’ll be able to check and see if mine is closer to the edges but I’m sure they are the same as even that standard exhaust was pretty snug in there

41. D0C

D0C Registered User

Probably more to do with the flames coming out!

42. billymc92

Nothing to do with them, I get a few we blips a day. How come supercar that have exhausts like flamethrowers don’t suffer from melted plastic?

43. D0C

D0C Registered User

Was kidding mate!

Terrible from Milltek though. Surely they've ran an exhaust on one of their cars to test it and check for these things.

billymc92 and NevMan like this.