Biggest Surprise

CCWS3

Reaction score
Hey,

For those who have the S3, what has surprised you the most about the car?

Would be good to see the variation between people, etc.

Can't wait to get back home and enquire about mine!!!

C.

I cant say I'm surprised by mine, it's very much as I expected. What I am though (up to now) is delighted with it.

Biggest surprise for me has been how loud it is.

I was led to believe from youtube and reviews etc that it was fairly restrained - the more miles I do the louder it seems to get.

Reactions: Tommy Q
Biggest surprise for me has been how loud it is.

I was led to believe from youtube and reviews etc that it was fairly restrained - the more miles I do the louder it seems to get.

Ha, I feel the same about mine. Being in dynamic barely makes a difference to be honest.

The biggest surprise to me, is that even with a bit of playful driving, I still seem to be pulling pretty reasonable mpg.

Ha, I feel the same about mine. Being in dynamic barely makes a difference to be honest.

The biggest surprise to me, is that even with a bit of playful driving, I still seem to be pulling pretty reasonable mpg.

We've been discussing this on another thread. In LC mode it seems to get rid of the burps / farts on up change. I still can't get my head around that in individual with everything set to dynamic apart from the gearbox it's quite noisy on the outside with the window down. With the car in dynamic mode the upshift noises are almost non-existent.

We've been discussing this on another thread. In LC mode it seems to get rid of the burps / farts on up change. I still can't get my head around that in individual with everything set to dynamic apart from the gearbox it's quite noisy on the outside with the window down. With the car in dynamic mode the upshift noises are almost non-existent.

Really, I thought the noises are most prominent in dynamic mode, well that's why I've experienced in test drives and friends cars.

What is the exhaust mod you speak of?

And what's LC mode, launch control??

Last edited:
How fast you think you're travelling compared to how fast you actually are going. It's always more lol.

Reactions: illingworth22, Tommy Q and Pulp84
How little I have bonded with it. First fast car I have had that has no character. Lovely place to sit, very effective but not memorable in the slightest :(

Reactions: 6audi6
I find all fast cars the same, you quickly get bored of them or they aren't as you imagined

In a car that you sit in every day, what would you hope would be memorable?

In a car that you sit in every day, what would you hope would be memorable?

I don't though. I work on the oil rigs so only use it half the year at best. It just doesn't make you get out and think "lets do that again" :(

For me:

The relentless pace........It is an incredibly quick car.

MPG..... Getting at least 20% extra MPG than previous Golf R.

Love the Lunar Silver interior.

Its so refined, which sadly means it's not the raw driving pleasure some anticipated.

After two weeks I've two 'biggest surprises'.

The first is a negative and is the difficulty I'm having finding in finding a driving position that suits and doesn't give me a pain in the piriformis (buttock and upper leg, similar to sciatica, which was the result of an old sporting injury). I'm still working my way through various combinations of seating and steering wheel position.

The second is very positive, and is the smooth, refined, no fuss power delivery. The car feels so planted and will pull quite happily seemingly in any gear. Coming from two SEAT Leon Cupras, which had to be really worked in comparison, the S3 is a revelation :)

How fast you think you're travelling compared to how fast you actually are going. It's always more lol.

Same here..... caught up with a BMW which was way in the distance on the Autobahn a few months back...... he was doing 160 kph :)