Bigger turbo help

tankclark

Reaction score
hello, I'm looking to purchase a new car soon and the 8p RS3 is on the list, however I'll be buying it specifically with tuning in mind.
I have read a few things about bigger turbos on them and would like to know the following if possible.

1) how do these cars respond to bigger turbos? Is it a case of strapping one on, mapping the car and happy days? Or does it need lots of other strengthening?

2) is there a one stop shop that I could get the turbo, get it fitted, have a turbo back exhaust such as miltek fitted at the same time and get it mapped under one roof?

3) is there anything you'd recommend doing at the same time to improve longevity? I've read something about drive shaft bolts sheering.

Ultimately I'm looking at around 500 bhp so any recommendations on any ways to get there would be appreciative

You'll get 400bhp from just a remap but you'd be looking at like £800+ for the pleasure, I'd hate to think how much 500bhp is going to cost.

400bhp would be plenty though surely?

Nah not really, owned a 410 bhp A45 AMG which is fast but I've got used to the power now, the hybrid turbos on the A45 haven't so far produced decent results due to the rarity of them and lack of tuners really putting the effort in on them.
I've seen TTE do a TTE500 turbo which is around £4,000 if you don't want to use your OEM turbo for the conversion, but I wondered if there was anywhere that could supply the turbo, fit it and map it along with any supporting mods.

Last edited:
You need to post pics of this A45 please lol.

Also 400bhp in one car may not feel the same as 400bhp in another, although the A45 is lighter out the box so yeah, 400bhp in the RS3 may be underwhelming. If you do a Google search of JonnyC and his TT-RS (which I believe has the same 2.5l engine) he actually has a bigger turbo fitted to that (along with loads of other stuff) and he made like 560 whp in it.

I've driven the 8p RS3 a few times and it seems to have a little more low down response than the A45 but the A45's top end is definatley stronger. The facelift A45 is a major improvement over the pre faclifts like mine but the reason for going older RS3 is if like to avoid finance if possible

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 125
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 124