Bigger brakes for FL S3

Hanz

Reaction score
Hi all, currently looking at brake upgrades for my s3, the current front pads are low and I would like to replace with some better brakes, rather than just replace the worn pads.

The brakes are good, and I’m not pushing huge power, just MRC stage 1, so I would be really doing it for aesthetic value.

I’m on standard 18” wheels.

So what brakes would fit, and what, if any additional brackets would I need for your recommend brake upgrades?

Thanks in advance,

Louis.

I will watch this with interest as I will go down the same path in the future.

I think the answer might be clubsport brakes - @Boydie I think has just done this but he has 19” wheels. But the 19’s aren’t a requirement !

Reactions: Boydie
VW Golf GTI Clubsport Discs with Ferrodo DS2500 racing pads

Mtech do a similar matching rear disc but not essential, can get away with OEM rear discs and Ferrodo DS2500 pads.

The Clubsport discs don't offer any more performance on your braking, they are only 9.8kg each so main thing is weight saving but the pads are very good and its what I have in my S3 and its Revo Stage 3 with nearly 500bhp

Reactions: JonnyS3
I have the same brake setup as boydie. I wanted to go big brake kit but don't track it more than once per year so went for the clubsports mainly for the weight saving and slightly better looks.

Had this mod for a while and it’s well worth it.

If we are just referring to Pads , I use the T3 DBA rotors and their XP series brake pads, I do occasional track days and they perform fine, and the pads don't need to warm=up to work. I believe you can buy the rotors in the EU, they are an Aussie company.

t3_discs.png

I would recommend the blue or yellow stuff pads as I find the DS2500's rattly on bumpy roads

Take the pads back out and bend the spring/clip out. That’s what I did and it’s spot on pal, just don’t go crazy.

Reactions: Boydie