Bigger Alloys

Jonesy80

Loving my B8!
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone,

I'm thinking of purchasing new wheels for my 2009 A4 B8 S line. I have seen a set of 20 inch 5 spoke Genuine Audi Alloys for sale online:

Front tyres 235/30/20
Rear tyres 245/35/20

PCD 5X112
9J
ET37
CB66

The front and rear tyre sizes don't match and I think ideally the tyres should be of the same size. Will these alloys fit the car without any problems??
Thanks in advance.

Afternoon everyone,

I'm thinking of purchasing new wheels for my 2009 A4 B8 S line. I have seen a set of 20 inch 5 spoke Genuine Audi Alloys for sale online:

Front tyres 235/30/20
Rear tyres 245/35/20

PCD 5X112
9J
ET37
CB66

The front and rear tyre sizes don't match and I think ideally the tyres should be of the same size. Will these alloys fit the car without any problems??
Thanks in advance.
Larger tyres on the back is normal in cars like BMW and Mercedes because they are RF rear traction.

I have never seen that on an audi since they are FF or quattro.

I would go for wider tyres since the rims are 20.
Some guys here have 20s they can provide better feedback that I

Hey guess what , from manufacturer to manufacturer the same size tyre can vary , calculate that !

There is nearly 5% difference between those tyres. You definately can't run them if you have a quattro and you may have issues with a FWD car as the ESP, ABS is going to be very confused with the differences it is seeing in wheels speeds. It would expect to see the wheels speeds all the same.

I've got a set of 9x20's for my avant & I went with 245/30/20's which give a little stretch but I wish I'd gone for 255/30/20 to give the rims a bit more curb protection.

Would a 51 offset fit 2011 A4 Avant, currently running OEM 19" Rotors? I believe these are 43 offset and we are running 12mm spacers rear, 10mm front. Do the spacers increase or decrease the offset?!

Last edited:
Reactions: GAS MONKEY
Spacers push the wheel out further so decrease the et.
JG

Reactions: GAS MONKEY and AU11 ALS
Spacers push the wheel out further so decrease the et.
JG

Thanks, so going ET51 isn't the way to go as I would need bigger spacers as already have 12mm on ET43.... Ideally need to find some wheels with ET in the 30's...

I like these :)

http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy-wheels/bbs/sv/black-polished/19-inch

Wheels

Reactions: RS5 JON
I thought the bigger the ET the further away the wheel stay from the car

It's the opposite, going for a higher et wheel, than stock, may rub on brake caliper ect. unless you spacer them out.
As GM says, use www.willtheyfit.com to get a good idea of fitting.
JG
Nice... That website is amazing and accurate. It confirms with the measurements I made

I have emailed the seller today asking if he will sell the alloys without the tyres because I would prefer to have 245 or 255 all round.

If I decide against the 20 inch wheels I'm viewing a set of 19 inch Genuine Audi double twin spoke alloys on Wednesday which have 255/35/19 tyres with a offset of ET43 which should fit the car no problem. Fingers crossed!!

I've just had a look on that will they fit & I can't get my head around it for my new wheel set up. My originals setup is 8x18 et47 with 12mm front & 15mm rear spacers on 245/40/18 but my new set up is 9x20 et60 245/30/20 I need to get Adaptors to fit but can't work out what size I'm going to need can anybody help ?

I've looked on it & can't work out wether I'll need 20-25 or 30mm Adaptors

When you say adaptors, are the wheels the wrong pcd?

I've just put your numbers in, your 18" et 47 with a 15mm spacer are effectively et32 and with a 12mm spacer are et35

Your new wheels at et60without spacers will sit further in to the car than your current set up by 15.3mm, add a 20mm spacer/adaptor and you have 5.3mm more poke than your current set up with a 15mm spacer

Yes the pcd is different & I'm going to have to get custom Adaptors so don't want to get the measurements wrong & the wheels rub.

How does your current setup sit with the spacers?

A 15mm adaptor (if available) will put you near enough in the same place in relation to your arch but closer to your suspension strut by pretty much an inch.

A 20mm adaptor will put you 5mm closer to the arch an 20mm closer to the suspension strut