Big vent on Climate Control?

Hammerhead

Reaction score
I was playing with my climate control yesterday and noticed an option above the 'sync' setting to open the big vent in the front of the dashboard, however when I'd set it to open there still didn't seem to be any air coming out of it, even when I changed the climate settings form auto to middle air vents only

Anyone got some opinion on this or does yours righteously flow with air when it's set to open?

A question asked wondered by many lol, including me.

It's actually called a diffuser vent and isn't meant to blow directly at you. it's meant to soften the blow of the other vents by spreading the air distribution out further.

Notice if you close off any of the vents, the air comes out of the remaining vents more aggressively? it's same principle, spread the distribution out as much as possible to make the temperature pleasant without you being blasted.

As it's only meant as a very "soft" vent, you'll very rarely notice it doing much, especially as the surface area is so large, this is normal.

Reactions: WesT-gefül
Thanks for the reply Greg, even with my hand covering the big vent I could feel no air flow, not even a Mouse farts worth of air pressure. I don't see the point, also the air flow from the other vents didn't seem to decrease at all...

Last edited:
I did have a look in the manual but there is very little information on what it's supposed to do, the only reference to it is how to switch it on and off

I like to get in touch with my feminine side now and then

I did have a look in the manual but there is very little information on what it's supposed to do, the only reference to it is how to switch it on and off
I'm embarrassed to admit to not having looked in the manual yet...….at all! It's probably a bit lazy, but then I know cuke2u is always on hand :)

As for the big vent, I honestly thought it was just cosmetic; it'd look a bit daft having a solid piece of trim there.

Reactions: WesT-gefül and cuke2u
I guess they looked at a slab of trim, scratched their heads and said why not have a vent instead to break up the dash and we'll think up a quirky name for it that makes it sound interesting..