Big shout out to PCW Exhausts

These conversations always make me smile...when we say "void exhaust warranty", what exactly do we mean? So if a bracket rusts and breaks, are we really saying Audi wouldn't cover that? In a court of law, I'd love to see their defence.

I'm probably wrong, but to me it would be down to Audi to prove that your mod has been responsible for whatever problem has occurred before flatly rejecting a warranty claim.

Hmm, they will always try and wriggle our of paying, mods just give them more excuses really

After a car is 6 months old it is down to the owner to prove that the modifications didn’t cause any occurring problem... during the first 6 months it’s down to the manufacture to prove it :icon thumright:
I never knew that. Is that really true? If so, where is that written?

I never knew that. Is that really true? If so, where is that written?

Never seen it in writing myself and wouldn’t know where to even look etc, but...

I found out after being around the Focus RS scene with the latest mk3 having all the engine troubles... many owners had theirs modified and at first Ford refused to replace engines due to modifications... then the legal routes were looked into and this was the comeback owners on there faced... personally, luckily I didn’t have to go that far before I got rid of mind but that’s where I heard about it mate

Never seen it in writing myself and wouldn’t know where to even look etc, but...

I found out after being around the Focus RS scene with the latest mk3 having all the engine troubles... many owners had theirs modified and at first Ford refused to replace engines due to modifications... then the legal routes were looked into and this was the comeback owners on there faced... personally, luckily I didn’t have to go that far before I got rid of mind but that’s where I heard about it mate
I'm really not sure that is the case. But I'm no expert in warranty law. I'd be amazed if I a reputable remap, exhaust or whatever it might be would cause an engine to explode. I think a manufacturer would struggle to prove it. But you don't see any cases like this go to court.

Reactions: Phil3
I'm really not sure that is the case. But I'm no expert in warranty law. I'd be amazed if I a reputable remap, exhaust or whatever it might be would cause an engine to explode. I think a manufacturer would struggle to prove it. But you don't see any cases like this go to court.

I’m the same @D0C not really clued up on it all... and as you say, you don’t really hear of any going that far

If it did you’d have a manufacture blaming the mods, and I’m most cases, a big manufacturer of the mods saying that’s not the case :seenoevil::openmouth:

Correct, it would only void the backbox warranty... you only affect the other aspects of warranty if you mess around with the cat.

Didn't know the warranty could be broken down like that. So after the mod if I had a separate issue with something unrelated, lets say the mmi system, i could still claim warranty to get them to fix the mmi?

Didn't know the warranty could be broken down like that. So after the mod if I had a separate issue with something unrelated, lets say the mmi system, i could still claim warranty to get them to fix the mmi?

Yep, that’s how it’s supposed to work... they can only void the warranty of the modified part and parts it directly affects (grey area) as some dealers can be fussier than other and try to wriggle out of things

I had decat exhaust, MSS springs and APR front and rear brakes yet Audi still changed my fogged up headlight under warranty.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Well I’m sure Audi would love to void it all, but they can’t say a decat has caused your MMI headunit to fail! A decat however can alter the flow of exhaust gasses and subsequently they could blame engine failure on it.

Well I’m sure Audi would love to void it all, but they can’t say a decat has caused your MMI headunit to fail! A decat however can alter the flow of exhaust gasses and subsequently they could blame engine failure on it.

Makes sense. Thanks fellas

Reactions: AudiNutta
Just had my sports exhaust done at pcw and it sounds brill. The way it should have come originally

Reactions: neg, jaysrs4, NevMan and 2 others
Just had my sports exhaust done at pcw and it sounds brill. The way it should have come originally

Awesome mate :icon thumright:

I really want mine done now hahah I just wish he was a good bit closer!

Reactions: AudiNutta and dc911
Same here. 3hr drive for me

I think I’d consider it at that mate... it’s knocking on 5 hours and 300 miles for me to get to him... never mind the drive back haha

Reactions: RS_Dan
Was a 4 hour round trip for me but well worth it

Reactions: AudiNutta, NevMan and RS_Dan
I think I’d consider it at that mate... it’s knocking on 5 hours and 300 miles for me to get to him... never mind the drive back haha

That’s a fair distance but it’s worth it! Make a weekend of it? Shopping in Milton Keynes for the other half? ;) Never been but supposed to be good isn’t it? :lmfao:

Reactions: RS_Dan
What sort of prices are people paying?

Reading some of the threads I understand there are a few different mods you can ask for. Backbox and/or resonator

The cost is £300 From what I gather, Paul now does the mod one way now as it seems to be the best

Just sat nav the post code

Reactions: Tristan2
Guys, is his new unit easy to find?
As you come off the m/way there is a shed load of roadworks which confused the hell out of me. Other than that easy to find yes.

TX.

Reactions: NevMan and Tristan2
Does this have any impact on cars with the ecu controlled exhaust valve?

I’ve already got a controller fitted to keep it open all the time.

Does this have any impact on cars with the ecu controlled exhaust valve?

I’ve already got a controller fitted to keep it open all the time.
No as I have that too ;) louder though of course.

TX.

hey there,
visited paul yesterday... luvvin it..
Just one question, my car was remapped a few months ago... would a re remap yield any benefit following the pcw exhaust mod...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey there,
visited paul yesterday... luvvin it..
Just one question, my car was remapped a few months ago... would a re remap yield any benefit following the pcw exhaust mod...

Short answer - No, but sounds better due to running more boost and obviously if you’ve had crackle mapped in it’ll backfire like the devils ar5ehole.

Reactions: Terminator x and AudiNutta
I don’t get it. My standard sports exhaust sounds exactly the same as all your modded exhausts.

Did I not read this thread properly? LOL I am sure I am going to be told I didn’t...

having got mine done a few weeks back, I can tell you the online recordings dont do justice to the exhaust note post pcw mod.

Reactions: AudiNutta
I don’t get it. My standard sports exhaust sounds exactly the same as all your modded exhausts.

Did I not read this thread properly? LOL I am sure I am going to be told I didn’t...

No mate, I believe that the modded exhaust result is exactly the same, regardless of what system you have to start with, be it Standard or Sports.
So either way you get an improvement on which ever system you have, but if you have a sports exhaust modded, it'll sound the same as someone who had a standard modded. make sense?

having got mine done a few weeks back, I can tell you the online recordings dont do justice to the exhaust note post pcw mod.

I'm booked in for Jan with 3 friends to go and see Paul. He previously did an E92 M3 for me which was unreal

for the RS3 he does a couple of options as far as i'm aware... what did you go for?

either the way none of the clips do any justice tbf

Paul only does the one mod now. Hes perfected the process to get the most out of the zaust after lots of trial and error. He mentioned that anything else has trade offs ie. too much drone etc.. so he sticks with the one mod... you wont be dissapointed. drive homes always fun too..

Reactions: illingworth22
Have you got videos at all mate?

Have you got the secondary decat pipes fitted?

Just to revive an old thread. Just booked in with Paul!!! Cannot wait. I love how the car sounds already, but the enhancements discussed on this sound like a must have.

Reactions: NevMan, FBF01 and Phil3