Big shout out to PCW Exhausts

Yeah seen. Mainly M3s on there but a decent B8 RS4 one on Instagram. I've emailed him. Busy lad though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He does appear to be mega busy

Reactions: Deep penetrator and Thundercliffe81
I can't view it. Says video not supported Yes, I'm already thinking of modifying the car I haven't picked up yet

What about Callum’s video - #15?

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Has anyone had this done who has a decat Downpipe fitted? I’d like to hear how loud it is. My exhaust got delivered to him today and need to know what option of work to get carried out. Don’t think I’m getting the loudest as don’t want to lose use of the valves

Has anyone had this done who has a decat Downpipe fitted? I’d like to hear how loud it is. My exhaust got delivered to him today and need to know what option of work to get carried out. Don’t think I’m getting the loudest as don’t want to lose use of the valves

Not sure where this rumour has come from. I went for the loudest option and it quietens down when I put it in 'Comfort' especially on the motorway. As for the downpipe, surely thats an option you can easily trial after he's done your exhaust?

N.B Since this mod, on the odd occasion it backfires like nothing i've ever heard. I can actually feel the explosion travel down the exhaust underneath me :busted cop: - so childish but I love how people run for cover lmfao.

Reactions: Terminator x and NevMan
Anyone emailing, you're better off calling Paul, he's 5h1te at responding to emails.

Reactions: NevMan and Thundercliffe81
As for the downpipe, surely thats an option you can easily trial after he's done your exhaust?
Absolutely not. It's an absolute ball ache of a job to change the DP. I'll finish mine today but not a job I would be so keen to undertake again!

Here’s my review between the milltek non resonated catback and the PCW modded Exhaust.

If you don’t know why I took the milltek off it was because of **** build/fitting and it melted the hell out of my diffuser round the tips. Until I got my standard exhaust put back on I did not actually realise how much bigger the miltek tips were making it so close to the diffuser and the movement allowing it to touch and melt.

a5eded8ad3c7168a2cd7a4ee531a229a.jpg
31cba8c07a5db9513c07503595ed0255.jpg

So as it stands I still have the miltek downpipe fitted which I am happy about so the only other change is the backbox.

After Paul from PCW told me once modded there’s no difference between the standard exhaust which I have and the sports exhaust so I didn’t bother buying one.

First difference I noticed was how much smaller the tips are. I can get 2 fingers round my exhaust in between the diffuser where as the miltek tips I could only get part of my finger in up to the nail (probably why the melting was so bad)

So first start up being cold it was so much quieter. I was pretty worried at this point as I like it to be loud. But once it warmed up I couldn’t believe it. Don’t get me wrong it was not as loud as the miltek but did it sound better? Absolutely yes!! Miltek (and I believe I was told scorpion too) when it changes gear and is sitting at around 3k revs used to get such a bad drone for a couple seconds until the revs picked up of that mark. The note is absolutely perfect. The pops and bangs are still present very frequently if not more than before with a good few gunshots added in aswell. And Ofcourse if you want to chill/ have a nice peaceful drive/have family in the car you just flick it back to comfort and you can not even hear the exhaust. Best of both worlds. Exactly what I asked Paul to do and he certainly worked his magic.

So Paul only charges £300 for this mod and the miltek back box cost me £1550 (that’s with 15%off). If both were £1500 would I still chose the PCW modded Exhaust over the miltek? Same again. Absolutely YES!

Here’s a few pictures of the work you can see Paul has carried out.

d2838c0a042a1a09d3d4945a6eef8bda.jpg
274c59f1f250e7b988cdbf23acded30d.jpg

Reactions: AudiNutta and Seanix
Well done mate, welcome to the PCW crew!! You done a tunnel run yet?

Reactions: billymc92, NevMan and AudiNutta
If anyone in the North of England or South Scotland is looking at getting this done... I’d be keen to jump onboard if there is a day sorted for him traveling up

Reactions: AudiNutta and Thundercliffe81
If anyone in the North of England or South Scotland is looking at getting this done... I’d be keen to jump onboard if there is a day sorted for him traveling up

He’s no longer travelling to do the work I’m afraid. At least that’s what he told me a month ago when he did mine and my mate’s RS4.

Where is the guy based? Is there a website with contact details on?

Also don't email him, he wont mind me telling you he's hopeless in responding to emails. You're best off calling him.

My RS3 is now booked in for November 3rd
Just got to decide if I have the exhaust valves plugged back in or not

Reactions: NevMan
Mine being done next weekend, can't wait

My RS3 is now booked in for November 3rd
Just got to decide if I have the exhaust valves plugged back in or not

Try it without, but if you do find it too loud don’t be put off just plug them back in and it goes back to pretty much OEM.

The mod with the valves plugged in, is no louder than the car with the valves unplugged and a stock system.

Reactions: Tristan2
Try it without, but if you do find it too loud don’t be put off just plug them back in and it goes back to pretty much OEM.

The mod with the valves plugged in, is no louder than the car with the valves unplugged and a stock system.

Is yours still unplugged?

Dont you get that error at 5k revs if just unplugged eg cars pulls the power?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

TX.

Proven by several owners I know who had dyno plots done after unplugging and tying up the connectors.

I’ll repeat
Car sees error then when revs reach 4.5/5K it thinks the flaps are broke so reigns things in to prevent damage.

TX.

I did have an error code yes and I ran for 9 months like it! Then when I saw the dyno plots a couple of months ago I bought the cancellers, after working with the company managed to get the right ones and now there is no fault code and I’m sure there was a slight up in power around 6000rpm, ever so slight but still.

Reactions: Terminator x and NevMan
What’s this talk about revised connectors
I bought a set when I first bought the car last March

Same here mate... I’ve checked mine and no fault codes prestent :icon thumright:

Well I bought a set in September and I still had fault codes, only one at a time it was really weird.

They realised that they sent me pins with the resistor on pins 2 & 3 and not 3 & 4 as they should be. Apparently they realised not long who there is a difference in confirguation for UK an US cars etc, so the second set for me worked.

I’d recommend running a test for fault codes to see if yours are working as they should be, if not they will replace them.

Well I bought a set in September and I still had fault codes, only one at a time it was really weird.

They realised that they sent me pins with the resistor on pins 2 & 3 and not 3 & 4 as they should be. Apparently they realised not long who there is a difference in confirguation for UK an US cars etc, so the second set for me worked.

I’d recommend running a test for fault codes to see if yours are working as they should be, if not they will replace them.

How do I run a test for codes?

Anybody going to castle Combe coombe tomorrow that can check my car for errors ?

Anybody going to castle Combe coombe tomorrow that can check my car for errors ?

Ah didn’t know you were going Tristan :(

I have a Carista so I could run a fault code check, but I’m still in bed so I don’t think that’s possible haha.

Reactions: Tristan2
Hi guys, might be a silly question but.. does the PCW mod void warranty? I assume it does?

Hi guys, might be a silly question but.. does the PCW mod void warranty? I assume it does?

Would void any exhaust warranty, but then they would only see if the whole thing was taken off

Would void any exhaust warranty, but then they would only see if the whole thing was taken off

Correct, it would only void the backbox warranty... you only affect the other aspects of warranty if you mess around with the cat.

These conversations always make me smile...when we say "void exhaust warranty", what exactly do we mean? So if a bracket rusts and breaks, are we really saying Audi wouldn't cover that? In a court of law, I'd love to see their defence.

I'm probably wrong, but to me it would be down to Audi to prove that your mod has been responsible for whatever problem has occurred before flatly rejecting a warranty claim.

These conversations always make me smile...when we say "void exhaust warranty", what exactly do we mean? So if a bracket rusts and breaks, are we really saying Audi wouldn't cover that? In a court of law, I'd love to see their defence.

I'm probably wrong, but to me it would be down to Audi to prove that your mod has been responsible for whatever problem has occurred before flatly rejecting a warranty claim.

After a car is 6 months old it is down to the owner to prove that the modifications didn’t cause any occurring problem... during the first 6 months it’s down to the manufacture to prove it :icon thumright: