big loss of power, turbo?

karl210

Reaction score
At the rate im going at with this thing the whole car will have been replaced with brand new parts in a few weeks, everytime i drive it theres something else up with it! :(

Ever since I got the car it felt like its slowly been loosing power, Dave on here plugged it in for me and it seemed to only be running about 220bhp, so im guessing about 20-30bhp down as its had a remap.
Anyway after driving it pretty hard the other day it seems to have lost about 40 more bhp! it just doesnt have the kick it used to, the power band is now only about 1000rpm from 3000-4000, any less and theres just turbo lag and past 4000 the power really drops off, even in the power band it doesnt feel like a punch in the back like it used to.
Ive got a feeling its the turbo or the actuator, what is the best way of testing this? ive got a boost gauge i can plug in to test if it will diagnose the turbo or the wastegate? what figures am i looking for at what rpm's and how what should it be at redline blah blah, and if i disconnect the n75 and try it then im looking for 5psi throughout the rev range?
Really getting fed up of this thing now so any help would be great before i sell the dam thing and go jap! thanks