Big brakes - calipers???

Reaction score
Evening gents,

I've got the option of a cheap set of either new Brembo calipers off a Seat Leon Cupra, or a set off an RS6 (same as the RS4???)

I know nothing about this sort of stuff, which would be the easiest to fit to my A4 Qts?

I understand any caliper can be made to fit any setup, but which would be the most cost effective option?

If thats not enough info, what details do I need to get regarding the calipers (eg size/measurements) to work out what discs and brackets are required?

Thanks for your help

N

im interested aswell. which one u dont buy can u let me no the price

The RS6 would probably be the best as they are Brembos anyway 6 or 8 pot I think but you will need S4 or RS4 hubs to fit them with either RS4 b5 discs or RS4 B7 discs but if you don't want the RS6 I would be interested as I have the RS4 set-up at home just waiting to be installed.

serious wedge for RS6/RS4 B7 calipers (£5-600), RS4 B7 discs are £500, then you are looking at pads, hubs, new lines etc... not sure if the hubs will take the same drive shafts as a B5 1.8tQ.

If you have 8 pot fronts you will need to upgrade the rears otherwise you will have serious front brake bias and be pulling "endos" every time you stop in a hurry.

Have a look on RS246 for the part numbers you need, there is a lot.

Old (B5) RS4 brake systems are cheap as on eBay, weak link in teh RS4 apparently.

I am going down an easier route that doesn;t involve new hubs.
(Porsche) 4 pot monoblock Brembo calipers and pads, delivery mileage, lug mounts with steel line extension (so no banjo fitting needed), will accept a disc up to 360mm and 34mm thick (thats RS4 size)
paid £280 for the calipers (eBay!)

Merc discs from
an SL320 AMG - 360mm
an ML 500 - 345mm
SLK320 - 330mm

all vented and 32-34mm thick, some brembo drilled discs available for less than £150 new

needs a flat adapter with four holes drilled in it - £50 (any engineer)
misc fittings etc and you are looking at £500 all in for brand new 4 pot brakes

which porshe calipers have you got?

I just purchased the S4 set up for my tdi, will post pics soon, they look wicked

BTW they are 323mm discs and just about fit inside a 17" wheel

Geez, thats serious money for the RS6 setup - the discs alone are a fortune :(

This only came about because one of my mates in the trade owes me a favour and mentioned he could sort me out with a set of these or the Seat Leon calipers. He hasnt given me prices yet, but I did see a set of RS6 calipers on ebay for £599.

He thought the Leon Cupra calipers might be a direct bolt on for the A4, because apparently the Golf and S3 boys go for this set up a lot.

Im gonna route through the A3 section to see if I can find any more info.

Cheers

N

johnyj said:
which porshe calipers have you got?

cayenne 4 pots, lug mount ersions of the 996..