big big problems

bouncer117

Reaction score
can anyone help i have a 1.8 non t which is not idling properly revving up and down from 3000 rpm to 250 rpm and stalling at times there is some response from accelerator pedal at times but with misfires pops and bangs at times it seems ok but when you try pulling off it revs up and then revs just drop with no power what so ever even with foot flat to the floor. after some time will run properly but while driving along revs drop of and no response from accelerator pedal and judder like mad then pop and bang then revs will come back again. getting 3 codes with reader now (down from 6) which are:

if anyone can help will be much appreciated as i have no car at the moment due to this

Last edited:
Yes if its giving the wrong fuel calculation for the load/postion of the throttle body.

Looking at heres some info on your codes

[h=2]18001/P1593/005523 - Altitude Adaptation: Signal Out of Tolerance[/h][h=4]Possible Symptoms[/h]
  • Unknown
[h=4]Commentary[/h]This is one of those fault codes where the ECU knows something is amiss, but cannot pinpoint the cause.
[h=4]Possible Causes[/h]
  • MAF sensor (G70) out of tolerance.
  • Leak in intake system.
  • Throttle position sensors (G187/G188) out of tolerance.
[h=4]Possible Solutions[/h]
  • Check MAF/replace MAF Sensor (G70).
  • Check intake systems for leaks and repair.
  • Check Throttle position sensors (G187/G188).
[h=2]17924/P1516/005398 - Intake Manifold Valve (N156): Open Circuit[/h][h=4]Possible Causes[/h]
  • Wiring from/to Intake Manifold Valve (N156) faulty
  • Intake Manifold Valve (N156) faulty
[h=4]Possible Solutions[/h]
  • Check/Replace Intake Manifold Valve (N156)
    • Perform Output Test.
    • Use Scope to check Activation Signal while performing an Output Test.

There is s valve under the inlet manifold check the pipes are not split and also the rubber bellows at the cylinder head for cracks one easy way is start the car and spray inturn sone brake cleaner round each part and slso tge valve under the manifold if the idle speed increases youve found your leak.

unplugged MAF sensor made no difference. only thing i can think of now is intake manifold leak or valve fault

pipe under intake my old 1 did it scan told me maf ect ect so i changed all it scanned but with no avail ended up being a lil pipe ( not as expensive as the maf lambda n whatever else i paid for tht didnt fix it )

had enough of searching for the problem so its in the garage now. lets just see how much this will cost then

all sorted now, it was the MAF and a few air leaks. running well and full power restored happy days. thanks everyone for your help