Bi-Xenons

mattb1434

Reaction score
hi
Iv have just bought some RS4 adaptive bi-xenon headlights without ballasts and i was wondering would ballasts from the US work in my lights?

Hi Matt

Welcome to the site.

Check the ballast part number against the headlight part number for compatibility before buying as this is the only sure fire way of knowing, ETKA will show you all this, whats yoru headlight part numbers & ballast part numbers?

I have a feeling I know where/who you bought these from, of the bay by any chance?

Also note you have to add extra components to get the adaptve system working fully & rewire aswell & posssibly add more wires, do you have xenons now already?

hi NHN
Thanks for the quick reply the part number on my headlights are 8E0941004AG / 003AG and i think the part number for the ballasts are 8E0941329A.
Yeah they are off bay, i dont have xenons atm but i am going to get the self leveling kit off Kufatec.
cheers
matt

Kufatec, oh dear, lol, well I'll check when got a min the part numbers see if they match up.

The adaptive wiring requires some technical know how, not meaning you cant do so no disrespect, but need to go through wiring diagrams to do it properly as its not just plugnplay & trust me kufatec dont advise you about everything, you have to make sure you have the correct levelling control module as there is one that does levelling only & then there's the blue headed one that does levelling & side to side (adaptive), it does matter aswell, so save yourself hassle & do it properly from the get go, trust me done number of headlight wiring jobs on audis & spending extra time to research & do as per oem in the long run gets you better gains.

Kufatec looms are ok, but I personally dont buy them anymore, I make my own for reliablility & also cause I can make to oem spec, if I was in UK I'd offer to install for you, but still in Italy.

They that bad?? lol i just bought elsawin will that have the wiring diagrams i need or do you know where i can get some from?? my brother is a mechanic and im a electrician so hopefully we might get somewhere lol if not would it be alright to pm you for some advice if we get stuck??

If elsawin version covers your year & you're a spark & he's a mechanic then you wont need me mate, lol, but yeah ask on the thread mate not PM then everyone can see for future installs/mods, but I'm happy to help so no worries.

hi NHN
Thanks for the quick reply the part number on my headlights are 8E0941004AG / 003AG and i think the part number for the ballasts are 8E0941329A.
Yeah they are off bay, i dont have xenons atm but i am going to get the self leveling kit off Kufatec.
cheers
matt

Hi Matt, bit of a long shot as you've not been online for a while.

I'm trying to sort a main beam issue with my A4 with OEM adaptive Bi xeons. I saw you posted part numbers for yours as 8E0941004AG and 003AG. Were these the correct fit for your A4 and did you get them working, worried that the different numbers may be a big issue, or just to identify left or right.

Long story with my main beam, think the flapper motor as packed in on one and I'm trying to track down a decent one on ebay as Audi want £600+ for one.