Bi xenon stop working

G60DAN

Reaction score
Evening all

I replaced my D1S bulbs yesterday but now after about 2 minutes all my headlights turn off. And then after a minute they come back on I've checked all the plugs are plugged in properly. I've had to take them out and go back to the old bulbs that have started to start losing the light output and colour. If it helps it's in a 2010 S3 thanks for any help you can give me.

Maybe its the ballast. i had similar symptoms on my a3 and it turned out to be the ballast under the headlight.

sure its supposed to have d3s bulbs in the bi xenon . maybe there cheap bulbs . i did a conversion for a member on here only last week and he bought some cheap bulbs , within 24 hours one had failed .

Reactions: S.
There was a member that supplies them on here as I brought some for my s3 ... never had any trouble with them :)

My 2010 a3 has d2s bi xenon bulbs, sure you have the right ones?
I upgraded to osram nightbreakers d2s and have the best light ever.

Evening all

I replaced my D1S bulbs yesterday but now after about 2 minutes all my headlights turn off. And then after a minute they come back on I've checked all the plugs are plugged in properly. I've had to take them out and go back to the old bulbs that have started to start losing the light output and colour. If it helps it's in a 2010 S3 thanks for any help you can give me.
Try our site sponsor @t8ups

There was a member that supplies them on here as I brought some for my s3 ... never had any trouble with them :)
I got them from a member from ASN but I don't like to name people. I don't think they are cheep bulbs.

My 2010 a3 has d2s bi xenon bulbs, sure you have the right ones?
I upgraded to osram nightbreakers d2s and have the best light ever.
They are definitely not D2S bulbs mine have a box on the back of the box.

Thanks for all the help was sent D2S instead of D3S bulbs.