Bi-Xenon light problem b7

tak1986

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been experiencing the xenon flickering issues with my b7 a4, both side, got checked by audi during servicing and they said no error comes up, and they said the battery was having low voltage. The problem still exist now, and thinking to change a set of bulb and see if its cure the problem, is anyone of you know which xenon bulb it use on b7 ?

Cheers
Sam

Had a drivers bulb flickering and going out on me every now and then. Have since changed both bulbs and theyve been fine since. However it does look like they flicker around here with all the bumps/pot holes and auto level. Got brand new Genuine bulbs off Ebay for £35 each

Sorry to bump this up! So I too have the flickering Xenon and i'm just coming up on the MOT. My problem is its always worse when the light is first turned on, for the first 5 mins its can be really bad, but not always... I have read so many posts on this problem I have lost any idea what the actual problem is, is it bulbs? if it's that simple I will stick two new ones in.

All sensible comments welcome.

Phil

try bulbs 1st
they if not sorted ballasts

Got it checked by Audi, they said bulb and control unit (ballast) both faulty.
The flickering was bad when the car first start, and seems alright after a while. Probably will change e control unit and bulbs

my a3 xenon drivers side flickers for first 5 minutes also, have looked at history the control unit was changed previously on my car!!! did the change of bulbs/control unit work??

My passenger bulb goes off within first few seconds of starting car on auto lights. Turn it off and on again seems ok. Don't know where I go myself

I have had this issue before. The dealer ended up changing both control units that are positioned below each lamp.