Bi-Xenon Headlights Flickering Issue??

S4P4UL

Reaction score
As the title really, sometimes I get a flickering issue with the headlights, not always just sometimes. maybe 6/10 times it will flicker for 15-30mins of the drive, not constant flickering but a flicker then maybe 5 mins after another flicker? any one else have this problem??

very common problem tbh. Two possible faults - bulbs or ballast. If ballast, its stupidly expensive. But, its more likely the bulbs. My s4 had the same problem that it randomly flickered but was fine more often then not. Changed the bulbs and its been perfect ever since.

Get some new bulbs and you will be fine!

As above tbh, try turning them of then on again & see if the issue goes, usually bulbs, but be careful buying cheap tat as the ones I had of hids direct were a nightmare, prolonged usage they started not turning on again, then the 6k vision was terrible, bought the real McCoy from hids direct & havnt looked back since, great vision & not one flicker.

Had this issue last year, changed the bulbs and upgraded to 8000k (I preffered the blueish light output) from Trups and problem solved!

Last edited:
Has anybody got a link to where I can buy they from? Is there a big difference between OEM and 6000k?

Has anybody got a link to where I can buy they from? Is there a big difference between OEM and 6000k?
If you want the very best quality bulbs then buy Philips or Osram bulbs. However DO NOT buy them from the dealership as they are >£100+vat for EACH bulb!!! I bought a pair of Osram Xenarc cool blue 5000k, they are perfect...not blue, more like a crystal white and they make the stock 4300k's look like Halogens! They cost around £100 per bulb from UK or buy them from Germany for 65 euros each from amazon.de
OSRAM Xenarc Cool Blue Intense D1S (single) | PowerBulbs
Osram 66144CBI Xenarc Coolblue Intense 12V 35W PK32D-2 Kraftfahrzeug-Lampe: Amazon.de: Auto

EDIT: cheapest i can find them in UK is £85 but still cheaper to buy them from Germany
Replacement Osram D1S Cool Blue Intense Upgrade Cool Blue Intense...

Last edited:
I would try bulb first. But change the pair if you can. I got pair of OEM 4300k for £75 on ebay