Bi-Xenon conversion - Not A4 though

AudiLeon

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
We have a A6 estate, but I don't use the A6 forum much. So I thought I'd show you lads.
The headlights were dreadful. Totally pointless.
So I bought a set of E46 Bosch Bi-xenons to fit.
The projectors turned up from Germany in their LHD state.

I test fitted the DS2's expecting to have to make up a fitting. But they fitted and locked in perfectly.

So off comes the lens and you can see the flap.

Currently in LHD
Now in RHD

and the flaps being tested on a 9v battery. Video below.

The old unit in place

The new one.

I have been watching a set of these for ages and wondering. What's the output like now?

Any pics before and after?

Link to the unit you bought?

And lastly( honest) how did you swap to rhd? I couldnt make it out

Last edited:
I have been watching a set of these for ages and wondering. What's the output like now?

Any pics before and after?
No before photos sorry. I'll try and get some new photos this week.

Reactions: Broken Byzan
I bought Bosch E46 units. You can find them on Turkish ebay quite cheap.
You have to bend the tabs for the pivot 180degrees to make them opposite fitment.

turkish ebay, WOW

I have found some on ebay.co.uk, i'll see what these work like before pulling the trigger. If i get stuck bending stuff, is it ok to PM for advice?

this is interesting, how would you wire the xenon flash up? when low beam is on and you flash the flap will drop, but what when the low beam is off? you will flash the flap will drop but the light?

this is interesting, how would you wire the xenon flash up? when low beam is on and you flash the flap will drop, but what when the low beam is off? you will flash the flap will drop but the light?
At the moment, it's just wired straight into the full beam connection into the existing H7's.
You keep the original full beam, so it has twin full beam.
If you flash your full beam with low beam off, they drop and you get a flash from the standard bulbs.
But I plan to put in a relay so the flap only drops when low beam is on.